Main Thread - Blizzard Agent went to sleep

Yes I am having the same issue what’s going on??

I have the same problem, please Blue solve this. I followed the instruction and it didnt worked.

1 Like

Also not working here. This needs attention.

1 Like

Yep. Same issue. Does anyone know what the updates to these BNet agents do other than open up the possibility of “went to sleep”?

You can access the game by just going to your “retail folder” and starting wow manually.

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brdd8TX0Ims fixed issue for me

5 Likes

The thing is the workaround is fine but only until the next patch…once next patch comes out it won’t work

1 Like

Possible FIX for BLZBNTBNA00000005:

I had this occur just this morning after Microsoft pushed an update. After trying several potential remedies, the one that worked for me was deleting Battle.net files.

1. Close Blizzard processes.
  2. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to bring up the Task Manager.
  3. Click the Processes tab.
  4. Select all Agent, Blizzard, and game processes, and click End Process .
  5. Navigate to the folder containing the Battle.net directory:
  6. Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialogue.
  7. Type *C:\ProgramData* into the Open field and press Enter :
  8. Delete the Battle.net folder.
  9. Run the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app and update the game to see if the issue persists.

Hope this helps!

14 Likes

Launcher doesn’t work, executable does.

1 Like

I tried this, didn’t work for me :frowning:
Once it re-updated it stopped working again

2 Likes

This is how I fixed mine, I went into task manager(CTRL ALT DEL) and closed:

Battle.net.exe(All the ones running)
Agent.exe

Then went to C:\ProgramData and deleted the Battle.net folder

Reopened the Battle.net launcher and it came up.

7 Likes

Same issue here.

1 Like

Yup, same thing to me. It seemed to work and now I’m having same issue. I’m wondering if it has something to do with the most recent Windows update since it happened just after I updated and restarted. That can’t be a coincidence.

1 Like

I still have the issue with the launcher, but I can get into the game just fine by going into the actual game folder to bypass the launcher altogether.

Well I just tried turning off my Windows fireball from Windows defender but no luck at all…this sounds like an issue on Blizzard’s end.

1 Like

Like many of us here, I did all of that and jumped a motorcycle over 32 cars, beating Knievel’s record. Nothing changed other than going from “waking up” to “waiting”. I’m not sure if “duh” is better than “durr”, but that’s what happened.

1 Like

Its the same here but that’s still a problem as need the launcher to update the game

1 Like

Same mess for me, too. Fixes provided here didn’t do a thing. Come on, Blizz, feed the hampster…

1 Like

It prob. does. I have forgotten about the Win updates (I had to deal with two) last night.

i followed the “instructions” to fix based on the error link that blizz gave me, now i cant even reinstall the bnet app because it hangs at updating agent.

3 Likes

getting error, Blizzard agent went to sleep. Attempting to wake it up…

More help : BLZBNTBNA00000005
Reboot no effect, no new drivers installed however there was a MS security patch
KB4537572 and 4551762 but Both of those were installed and PC rebooted yesterday and games loaded and played fine.

5 Likes