Main Character Cannot Be Played Because of a Wow Glitch: Game Time Refund?

My main character is stuck in some quest glitch and every time I log in I get immediately disconnected. Can you get game time refunded for this?

1 Like

Not really? Game time refunds don’t usually take place for things like this that are typically easily resolved. Especially if you haven’t bothered trying to troubleshoot or resolve the issue. If a character isn’t playable - that doesn’t mean the game as a whole isn’t. You can still use the game time you paid for.

What you can do though, is try moving them with the Character Stuck service. If the self help service doesn’t work, then you can submit a ticket. Usually moving the character will break it from the loop.

Character Stuck link: https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/wf/wow/586/834/submitted

Ticket link: https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/1369/ticket

[EDIT] I’m adding on here that I see your Bug Report post and that you do have a ticket in. Depending on what path you chose for your ticket, ticket times are unusually high right now for general game tickets. Something like the ticket link I provided you with above though, I believe they’re still being answered fairly quickly as opposed to the general ticket 4 day estimation.

5 Likes

Thank you for the links. I knew the Stuck Service existed but could not access it in game as I would get immediately disconnected on log in. I used the Character Stuck link and it worked.

6 Likes

Glad to hear it! ^^

3 Likes

This quest issue just happened to me again. And if I try to finish the quest it could happen again. And since this service cannot be used a second time within four hours, I cannot do the quest a second time–meaning I again lose out on the engineering knowledge points. PLEASE FIX THIS QUEST and credit me with my lost engineering knowledge points on three characters for this quest twice as I now cannot do this quest yet again (on the three characters) because of this issue.

You should probably either move this or post over in the Bug Support forum, that way the devs can see what quest you’re talking about and look into it a bit more. I don’t think you’ve specified the exact quest that seems to be causing the issue?

But posting here won’t get the problem to the people who can help unfortunately. It is also unlikely you will get any potentially points unless GMs are instructed to do so. They cannot just give rewards like that, it could break something whenever devs fix any potential problems.

The name of the quest needing fixing is " [Fixing the Dream]" and here is a link to the post I made about it two or three weeks ago.
(Repeated Instant Disconnects: Teleporter Creator for Fixing the Dream Quest)

As for getting the shaft via those knowledge points, great! It is great getting denied points needed for knowledge because of a persistent issue in the quest. And it is even more exciting on three characters! Woo hoo!

The plus is it will save me on gold because I cant craft needed items. Brilliant!

Lastly, on the page for using the move service, it says if you get this issue repeated to contact support. Hence, the post here.

Glad you posted about it in the bug report forum!

A search of the WoWhead comments has a potential work around at the moment it seems. Looks like it may be a bug affecting shorter races. Try using some toys to make yourself larger and see if that helps.

Thanks for the info, but it would be great if the issue was fixed. Second, I still got shafted engineering knowledge points last time round-- this because I simply avoided the quest. And this after wasting all kinds of time repeatedly logging in only to get disconnected, looking up the quest, posting here and on the other forum, etc.

Then u have 2 options bug reports for the bug then profession for suggestion all your feedback here is basicly firewood.

It may very well be that they are actively working on a fix and it’s proving harder than expected. It’s definitely annoying for sure and I hope it gets resolved soon. At least in the short term there seems to be a work around and you’ll be able to complete it hopefully next time you try.

What is to guaranteed that a toy that makes you taller is a 100% fix? I did the quest one other time with no issues having not used the toy! And if I try the work around and it fails, then I cannot use the move service again.

That will mean I cannot play my toon.

Your toon is still playable u just cant do that perticular quest just do dailies and other stuff and avoid that quest till fixed not ideal but not realy much else u can do.

Yeah, fine and good but I then still get denied the knowledge points a second time around on three toons. This is bull spit.

Out of curiosity what was the race of the character that did the quest just fine?

The problem happened on a Dark Iron Dwarf twice now, but it was fine on the same toon one other time.

I would add that I completed the quest at least once with no problems on a mechagnome–and not using a toy.

There appears to be no way to 100% confirm the cause of the issue is being short. Not that that means it is not the cause. The fact that someone used a toy and had no problems does not confirm anything. It could be just coincidence that there were no issues when using the toy.

In the end, to be sure your toon isnt stuck in Limbo for up to four hours, just avoid the quest. But then you lose out on the knowledge points for the quest.

Hopefully that clarifies the nature of the problem. Not to mention a lot of ripped out hairs and a lot of time wasted for anyone tripped up by this quest.

I am curious if using a toy on a tall toon that makes your toon short would cause the issue and am tempted to try it on a Night Elf.

In both cases when doing this quest and getting a problem I got two or more of the quest items without the teleporter, just having stumbled onto them while questing. I was under the impression that that might have had something to do with the cause. But I dunno.

Just in case you wanted to know, using the toy called Kalytha’s Haunted Locket, which makes your character a Night Elf, a tall character, the same thing just happened. So this disproves the idea that being short is the cause.