Mag'har Orc Priest

Paladins just need to have faith in something to get power, taurens worship their sun god and the trolls have Rezan to worship, its not that much of a stretch for those two. They can definitely channel the power of faith in their god.

That’s pretty much exactly how they’re explaining it. They even added new lines for Tauren priests too, talking about them gaining Light powers through their devotion to An’she.

I’m cool with it. This is the right way to open up class/race combos - with actual explanations not just “mechagnomes can be transformers now lol” like some GDers who are proud of never reading anything in-game would like it.

2 Likes

If we are going to go down the rabbit hole of things that don’t make sense, than can we get off the Elves bandwagon for Demon Hunters and Dracthyr Visage. Elves were annoying when TBC dropped, and this pigeon-hole makes it even worse.

Frankly, the Tauren should have never been Paladins and walks over all the lore up to and even after it was implemented. So adding Priests is just…nauseating.

They don’t even know their own lore or bother to double check it.

We have seen orc shadow priests in game since vanilla and they could have built their lore on the Blackrock and Shadowmoon clan but instead they did this.

The Lightbound created Paladin Orcs by corrupting them. A similar situation that restricted us are the Primalists and Twilight Hammer driven mad by shamanism.

The opposite of death magic (necromancy) is life (nature magic. There is nothing wrong with LFD DKs :roll_eyes:

Been with the Grimtotem since vanilla.

Have worshiped An’she, a god of Light, since vanilla.

Have been in the game since vanilla.

Rumored to exist since vanilla. Confirmed in MoP.

Been in the game since Wrath.

So no it’s not made up unless you don’t pay attention to any lore or NPCs in the game.

There has been a Shaman/Rogue Tauren in the novels around the Bloodhooves. Sadly, Perith Stormhoof isn’t in game nor are the Holy Striders referenced.

Same fate for other horde characters such as Jevan Grimtotem or Thura Saurfang. Even Vol’jin’s children are forgotten during and after the fall of his reign.

Not all were forced into it. The son of Grom willingly converted and thus attained a high position in the light order.

1 Like

Wish we could willingly convert on orcs. RPing a lightbound fanatic orc sounds interesting.

Well, they aren’t evil. Just misguided.

Yrel thinks she’s doing what’s right as the planet is dying and the Naaru were the only one with answers as the Spirits of the Orcs never talked to her. She also never saw ths message her Velen left and was forced to lead before she was ready.

Meeting Khadgar again might help open her eyes.

She also nost assurdly didn’t kill Grom but just imprisoned him on the hope that he’ll eventually convert willingly like his son did.

So Lightforged Orcs would just be light obsessed but not evil.

Personally I want Lightforged Orcs and Redeemed Fel Orcs who were saved like the Blood Elves and Demon Hunters are despite eating Fel.

1 Like

Doesn’t mean it makes sense, unless rogues actually use magic to conceal there should be no reason a 400lb bullman with hooves would be quiet enough to be stealthy, not to mention the size.

We lost sense in race/chat combos a long time ago, its actually worse than just lore.

Lightforge Death Knights is truly hilarious as new Death Knights aren’t supposed to be a thing anymore and they’re literally Lightforged.

NERRRR, HOOOVES, NERRRRR.

…sorry, I’m just really tired of this argument. Rogues canonically use a form of invisibility/shadow magic in the Warcraft universe. You can see this in action in a couple of cinematics, one where Thrall outs a fully invisible Rogue with a handful of dirt and ash and one where Drakka lifts up a visibly floating map before she appears as she sneaks around a Shadowlands keep. You can also make hooves quieter, just like you can have someone sneaking around in heavy hard shoes if they walk carefully enough. Someone with a high amount of muscle control and attention can sneak even if they’re large.

Add literal magic to that and you’re fine.

Yes, we are pretending that AU Mag’har do not exist. Because we do not need alternative universes that break lore more than it already is.

They have since TBC. That is the Mag’har that is teaching Orc Priests based upon a TBC questline.

Is that true, though? I know the allied races have a new Death Knight intro but off the top of my head I don’t remember what the justification was supposed to be. People that fell during BFA being Death Knight-ed up maybe?

I’m sorry OP but did you not read the article you linked at all? The entire thing is just explaining why orc priests don’t worship the light and draw their priest powers from somewhere else, literally answering your question.

Now these NPCs are returning with designs that feel far more unique to their races! Instead of titles “Brother” or “Sister”, Tauren Priests are now Seers, while Orc Priests use the title Lok’osh.

New Orc and Tauren Priest Trainers have also been added to Orgrimmar! Lok’osh Nakha has a special dialogue for Priests that references the time we spent in Draenor, and explains how Orc Priests came to be.

Lok’osh Nakha:
Not so long ago, your people travelled through Garadar. Their deeds for the Mag’har were many. One of these champions solved the mystery of our troubled ancestral spirits.

I watched that hero and learned what they discovered. After they had gone, I sought the spirit of Mother Kashur. She spoke of a song that only the spirits could hear. It troubled them at first, but with that champion’s aid, they were able to finally rest.

For years, I tried to hear that song. The day I first heard it was a day of awakening. I listen to that song even now – it speaks of healing and renewal.

While my shaman brothers and sisters speak to the elements without, I speak to the elements within – a song of the heart. A song of the spirit. A Lok’osh.

1 Like

I don’t believe Bolvar could make new DKs and the DK faction wasn’t loyal to the Bolvar Lich King and pretty much were breaking ties completely with him after Legion as Bolvar was pushing them away purposely. By SL they patched things up but Bolvar is no longer Lich King anyway.

That and those that died were sent into the Maw during bfa thus no new DK could be made anyway.

With the LFD racial I always assumed they blew up in a flash of light like the protoss zealots in starcraft. The body is left behind in world of warcraft for gameplay purposes so you can run back to your corpse.

Even if light and death magics are not “opposing elements” like on that cosmic chart blizz put out. How do you make a LFD without a LFD corpse? But maybe I’m reading too much into the racial lol.

That’s why the Tauren called them Holy Striders as they were able to meld with the environment. It sounds crazy but divine to them.