Mages, you all need Tome!

For the 5 of us that troll these mage forums, GO GET TOME OF UNSTABLE POWER from AV, it not only totally spanks in terms of good damage, it also is the most “mage” trinket I’ve ever had. It makes me smile evry time it procs and it hits like a little arcane-truck. Visually the best trinket in my memory…Seeing Mirror images of myself slamming out some arcane beauty is just too good.

Go get it, for real, you’ll feel better.

4 Likes

got it yesterday and holy cow it rocks!

1 Like

In sad reminders of both my age and the length of time I’ve been playing this game, I initially read “AV” as “Alterac Valley.”

10 Likes

Mirror images? Did they change how it works? I thought it used to just spawn a giant RoP-like circle.

Edit: Oh, wow! Someone posted a picture of it in action on Wowhead. Looks fantastic! It really triggers me to no end that the trinket’s arcane animations are so much better than what Arcane Mages get though, ughhhhh!!!

4 Likes

I knew you’d love it…GO GET IT! It’s the best thing we’ve got going right now (which is a little sad), but this is one of those “should be a capstone in the arcane tree” type trinkets.

It also has no internal clock, so I’ve had it proc 3 mirrors and then another 2 mirrors like 2 second later so I got to see 5 of me Cast these circle of arcane death lightning bolt things and it was beautiful.

2 Likes

I can’t play Arcane, but I do play Frost and Fire. Is it still a must get for non-arcane?

1 Like

I wonder if it scales in anyway with arcane mage/ mastery since it uses arcane barrage?

1 Like

ohhh, I hope so. All I know is it hits hard. Just had it spawn 3 images then 3 more within 1 second of each other, so had 6 copies of me Blasting a group and they melted. I plan to pair it with Fragment (which has Mastery stat), so could be extra nice if it’s benefiting from mastery ye!

Where’s the damage break down? Is it under our own barrage? I see 3 different barrage damages under the drop down

1 Like

Details lists it as a separate ‘barrage’ with a different icon, but only sometimes. I’ve had it combine them into one line a few times.

UPDATE: OH EM GEEE!!! THIS THING JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER!!! Wow, you guys, it procs off Nether Tempest Ticks alone!!! So let me break that down. Any/Every Nether Tempest tick can spawn in a potential 900K Dmg crit AOE!!! at the target location (granted it’s a low chance, but it’s a chance), meaning NT finally has an awesome use in keeping it up/live outside using it for ToM. It’s not useless anymore and can trigger an awesome damage strike! It’s hot!

Also, on the visuals…the mirror images pop a salute as they despawn. It’s as though they were having “fun” making this and it’s AWESOME!

I just finished a run and got My Iridigous Fragment, so I’ll keep you posted if the combo is as insane as I think it will be. Update: DANG! This is the spankingest combo I’ve ever seen, well into the 1.3M DPS range and my ilvl is still like 493…wow.

Ok, did one run with Iridious and Tome and now I’m nervous they will nerf us into the ground. Couple things in addition to the above, I do believe it benefits from Mastery (as arcane, not sure if you’re fire or frost) and procs the crap off everything. I kept NT up as much as I could and it proc’d all over the place, and was like item number 3 in my overall dmg profile. As in, it was a big player. I could see this being complained about in PVP as OP. So say your prayers to the WOW heavens that they just let us be good/fun for like ONE TIME! S4 is our season guys, I’m callin it.

Stingy game won’t drop it! I got the heart on my very first run though. Gonna hit it up a few more times tonight.

1 Like

Ok sweet just needed to look a bit closer, done 6% of my overall that run, not bad

1 Like

Sounds flashy pal :slight_smile:
As frosty i got the heart trinket till now. The tome does not drop yet, but will try getting it today :slight_smile:
Atm i was lucky with the weekly quest and got the neltharions trinket from it. Thats also nice for aoe, but not as good as the tome ^^

1 Like

I would like to give it a try, as its arcane damage, i don’t see why it would not add extra damage with enlightened and Mastery Savant?

I know fire did that type of thing in the past, so not sure if it was fixed across the board or left in as a neat spec niche.

1 Like

Just from my anecdotal evidence, it seems to benefit from more Mastery, so there you have it. Running it with Irideous Fragment is great…though I still struggle with fragment timing in dungeons and 3 mins for any cooldown is way too long.

My back luck continues.

A few more runs of this annoying dungeon and still no tome :<

1 Like

Personally, I am not gonna bother with buff trinkets. The cooldowns are all desynced and it’s another boring damage multiplier to stack. I am barely going to engage with this season anyway, might not even bother doing any of the raids besides LFR to get the bullion every week, so I am instead going to focus on getting fun items rather than what’s BiS. The way I see it there is no point in being a try hard when the entire “season” is a rehash of raids we’ve already progressed once.

3 Likes

by the time i get it, it’ll be nerfed.

2 Likes

the combo is great, im keeping up with most classes and at times #1 on meters for damage

1 Like

It is kinda annoying when their casts go off and the mobs have already moved or they spawn as soon as everything dies lol. free 6% overall damage is nice enough though

1 Like