Mages are the worst class at Torghast and beta testers failed us

A little heads up from beta testers how slow progressing in Torghast is would have been nice. As frost mage I need to facetank every boss. The class is meant to kite and you completely took that away.

41 Likes

Took me an hour to do floor segment whatever 2… I dare not even try 3 right now.

13 Likes

U guys wearing magic toilet paper and not even kitted out in heroic gear and complaining about Torg.

12 Likes

That’s because there are several other classes also wearing magic toilet paper, but they can actually facepalm through all of the 3 layers. Priest being one of them.

21 Likes

Meh my gear is just as good as any other class breezing through Torghast with their eyes closed in half the time it takes a mage

9 Likes

its not that bad, but i have to plan runs a lot more than other classes lol. lot of skipping packs and and cheesing mechanics.

1 Like

I don;t want to skip packs because I feel I’ll need the power for the end of the layer

6 Likes

Torghast was super easy as frost. Like dummy easy.

You guys might just be bad…

19 Likes

Dude I kite the bosses as arcane with slow… You can’t do it with frost? I found it extremely easy.

3 Likes

I think it depends on which boss you get. The first boss I got was immune to slows after a period. The second boss I got I was able to slow for the duration of the fight.

Just did the first 2 levels without dropping below half hp as fire with 147 ilvl. Just kite using shimmer and alter time.

1 Like

I think people aren’t realizing how vast the gap in difficulty between the bosses is before throwing out the “git gud” comments. Some bosses border on the trivial while others are so overturned as to be impossible to solo by a class with no healing given unmitigatable damage coupled with stacking undispellable buffs that the boss gets over time, many of which either increase speed or make them outright immune to snares in addition to greatly increasing their damage (try soloing Cromwell and then come talk to me). Couple that with the random nature of anima powers and how gimmicky most of the mage ones are and Torghast can be a real nightmare. It’s nothing at all like the Horrific Visions to which is was compared by the devs nor is it a “soloable” experience as it was billed.

26 Likes

Idk I found it quite doable as Frost.

The hardest part is the complete lack of self-healing. I can mostly cover my rear on my spriest on-demand, mana permitting, but as a mage all I have for facetanking is a crummy barrier on a 25s cd.

Obviously mage has more ways of keeping the gap open, but not much once they start getting whacked and their openers are on CD.

Considering every other spec gets on-demand self-healing, I’d really like to see cauterizing blink become either a talent or a baseline ability.

14 Likes

Which layer and which boss? Like I said, some are trivial others impossible because, you know, balance™️

2 Likes

I’ve now done both floor 3s as arcane with zero issue. Maybe it’s the powers you are getting? :frowning:

3 Likes

I got to both floors with no issues at all,was easier than i thought.

That’s great but again… which bosses did you get? I find it hard to believe anyone could have had an easy time with Cromwell or the Eye boss. If you’ve encountered either, or both as was my case, you’d know what I meant.

1 Like

One thing that can really help is to remember to use mirror images after your barrier pops while waiting for barrier to come back up. The AI is usually pretty dumb and just attacks the images which means you can usually get 100% damage reduction for a few hits.

3 Likes

If you’re struggling with bosses getting the stacking buff it’s because your dps is low

Do 2-3k dps and you’ll 100% be fine. As frost just pop icy veins/racial + covenant ability and pump till they’re 60%. Save lust and images for the second half. The longer the fight is the more mobile you have to be, so save defensives for second half

3 Likes