Mage Tower

Not at launch you weren’t. That’s why it’s referenced “at launch”.

You pretty much had what gear you had on you and used that at release. You didn’t get the next tier of gear until 11 weeks later when Tomb finally dropped.

So there was a lull period where you couldn’t really progress. Just like now

I think some of the issue is people were expecting it to be tuned as if it was post Tomb release. I mean I got some skins after ANT dropped, but I was still trying whenever it was up during tomb and sometimes it was just RNG on if I did it or not, all the gear did was reduce the chance for RNG to say “lol, nope”.

1 Like

getting higher ilvl gear has no effect, infact getting lower ilvl gear (previous xpacs) has a bigger effect than getting higher ilvl due to scaling

The only way to make any progress on this version of the mage tower is to spend gold on old crafted gear, old gems and old enchants. Oh, and old potions, and old flasks. The difference is huge with the old gear.

Yes but the ones that did it were the small top end of players.
When things got impossible, you could get more gear etc…

There really isn’t anywhere to budge with timewalking nor should there be

Yes…but you were discussing the “at launch” comparison. This IS like at launch

That’s one of the complaints I always had about the Mage Tower Tank challenges. They weren’t actually Tank challenges at all, just DPS challenges in Tank specs.

Yup, and that’s not okay with how gimped tank damage actually is in current

1 Like

Mage Tower is extremely disappointing!!!

The reddit MT complaints thread is up to 1.2k comments in less than two days, they just keep piling up :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Some people are so upset they considering unsubbing over this poorly tuned rollout/fiasco from Blizzard, here’s a few such posts from the comment section:

1 Like

Because you mentioned that phrase.
The difference is, the people not able to get it at launch then could get at it later with more gear or nerfs.

This has not only overtuned challenges for some specs as even proven by a blues but this works against how a time walking event should work.

If this was up all the time or more frequently then c’est la vie but it’s a friggin time walking event. Go sit with the rest of your ‘elitist jerks’.

It’s not a “true” timewalking event. It gets the tag because it’s a feature from a previous expansion. Thus walking back in time “timewalking”

It’s going to be here for the rest of the games life…meaning, if the game lasts another 10 years…the mage tower will be available over those 10 years. It’s not a 2 week ordeal and done for good.

<— filthy casual. Just enjoying the difficulty is all.

Semantics.

I’m against game design that has things tough and only a short period of time.

That’s fine, and you don’t get my complaint so that’s fine as well.

Aside from it being limited to timewalking windows this is pretty darn close to what I would have asked for.

I’d prefer if their gear scaling wasn’t so wonky and bad at overvaluing sockets and old enchantments but that’s not a deal breaker. You can always go get the gear from that expansion or use your own professions to avoid the AH***.

*** or you could if it wasn’t tied to stupid timewalking windows. Seriously that is the biggest unforced error in this situation.

I’d stay subbed and slow play each spec in the tower if it wasn’t limited to timewalking. As it is though I am lucky enough to only have 14 days left and by then I won’t have a use for the sub :frowning:

1 Like

No, you’re complaining that it’s not fitting into the “true time walking event” parameters. That is not you talking about “semantics”

It’s not here for a short period of time. It’s here for the continued life of the game. If you’re against this, then that means you’re against any/all time walking events, weekly bonuses (time walking, pvp sets, pet battles). Is that the case?

I understand your complaint. It’s too hard for you in it’s current form. I get it. I haven’t completed anything in it either. It’s hard. It’s supposed to be hard.

But it’s YOU talking about semantics.

It is.

But it’s here against in several months so that justifies it :clown_face:

You still don’t provide a valid rebuttal so when you do, bug me then, 'till then, I’ll be going onward from this hard headed ‘‘has to be tough’’ mentality.

No, it’s not a true time walking event, therefore does not fall under the rules of a time walking event. It’s not semantics. It’s how it was designed.

Yes, that’s the design. Like the original MT was only available every so often and only for 3 days at a time. It being here for 2 weeks and coming back later is on the same scale as it was in Legion.

It was advertised as challenging solo content that’s available for everyone, although not everyone will complete it.

It was meant to be hard from the get go from those who designed it. It’s supposed to be hard.

I actually did unsub over this, as I feel this was a betrayal of what little trust I had remaining.

A game shouldn’t feel like an abusive relationship after all

https://imgur.com/gRYrSFr

2 Likes

Awesome design by blizz . Complete a TANK challange with DPS spec !

Git gud scrubs