Mage tower windwalker doable?

Can we get screenshots of your gear loadouts if using any previous expansion gear. Like azerite gear or trinkets from old raid?

Mostly it just feels hella clunky since they got rid of covenant abilities and legendaries.

Contrary to what the wowhead guide states, expel harm doesn’t outheal the sonic booms.

It seems very hard from my end, but I’m also not minmaxxing my gear. Once you get to p2 the damage is pretty difficult to outsustain. Seems like we have to get him down to like sub 40% before finishing p1 or it’s rough.

Could just be me not minmaxxing my gear though. Don’t recall it being this rough in legion

gear is scaled? how would you minmax it?

Legion legendaries.

Also saw a few peolpe on my server using trinkets from vanilla raids in there which apparently scaled out of whack once inside.

Def feels a ton harder than it did in Legion, struggling but got close. Worm damage ended up getting me.

3 Likes

Get the trinket from Algalon in Ulduar and the trinket from Shade of Aran in Karazhan.

Use them both at the same time, pop images and spinning crane kick / chi wave and profit.

Unless ofc, they don’t drop, which in that case, just go farm SoO and TBC dungeons. Gem all agi and go agane

1 Like

I’ve heard you get the worm to sub 10% then push the orc over.

Did it last night. Felt harder than in legion. The work had to be brought down to like 30-40% before I could kill tugar. Felt very hollow and jank without the artifacts and stuff.

It felt harder than legion for me as well but I also did not do the monk challenges until I had some Tomb gear. I had to use a completely different strategy from Legion and what all the guides are saying. Can’t really afford to ignore the worm until Bloodtotem is dead anymore because if the worm isn’t low enough when it enrages it will kill you before you kill it.

2 Likes

Definitely feels harder; seems like the the ‘passive’ damage was upped this time to account for WW’s large utility kit.

Got it done yesterday - definitely doable.

Create a macro to interrupt Fel Burst.
Create a macro to Crackling Jade Lightning the stun totem.
Between those two things it was easy enough.
You can paralysis and Leg Sweep the Sonic Booms or whatever the worm casts.

SEF/Spinning Crane Kick the eggs, dodge stuff on the ground. I went Spiritual Purity for this reason.
P1 is all about being sure that the worm hits the rocks. Once you get his damage debuff removed you basically just focus him and cleave down the other guy. I killed them basically simultaneously.

4 Likes

not doable for me, i ran it about 15 times so far and got stomped and slaughtered in about 20 seconds
its definitely over-tuned because i was able to complete windwalker and brewmaster during legion with far less of my butt kicked than this

edit: giving up and going back to endwalker

1 Like

While I agree some of these fights are overtuned, I don’t feel Feltotem is one of them, or at least not as big of an offender.

Almost all of the damage you take is avoidable. If you’re dying in 20 seconds, you’re not interrupting Fel Burst or the worm’s cast.

Between Expel Harm and Chi Wave, you can stay pretty close to full HP, and then pick up healing orbs from the eggs and the totem for extra bursts of healing.

Beyond that, then it’s just getting a rhythm for the fight. But, dying in the first 20 seconds isn’t a result of it being overtuned.

3 Likes

It can be done! Lots of great advice on this thread but ask about where you’re getting stuck.

Once I learned that the worm stun is from when he pops up and back done so I could dodge them and make them hit the rocks to remove his damage reduction it helped a lot.

It’s totally doable. Finished off mine this morning. I am still wearing the gear I used for it and talents of people want to check it out. I went with the clone talents instead of dragon punch. Only use clones to get rid of the eggs. Once you can minimize the damage you take from them it becomes easier. Also make sure to dispel yourself if you end up with the dot from the eggs hatching. Helps a lot.

Very doable for sure don’t get discouraged. First of all I highly Recommend ‘Ravaged Seed Pod’ From Nythendra(First boss of Emerald Nightmare) It is really strong against the eggs and has perfect synergy with cooldown length/phase timing. I found the best and easiest time completing this encounter by killing/cleaving them together. Getting rid of the 9 stacks of Fel Hardened scales asap and just make sure Jormog is hitting all the rocks each Earthquake/eggs phase. After all the stacks are removed and Jormog doesn’t take reduced damage just cleave them down each phase that Jormog is up with Tugar. I personally timed it and killed them both at the same time and never entered the enraged Jormog phase but the basic premise is to at least have a much shorter Enraged phase even if Jormog is alive when Tugar dies due to the % of health being much lower since you cleaved it down. My Gear was just season 2 pvp gear scaled down+ Ravaged Seed Pod trink from EN Raid. Good luck in there!

1 Like

Just completed this at level 53 with the gear on my profile.

Things that helped: Focus macro for interrupt. Farming a few random drops and socketing/enchanting them with the “best” you can afford/craft.

I didn’t use any consumable other than a Spectral Flask of Power.

As mentioned - don’t really focus out worm until stacks are gone, make that your priority. Obviously pumping numbers into Tugar but definitely want to slow around 20/25% while you start to burn the worm down.

On my kill I had the worm at 18% when Tugar died but had all defensive CD to push through the enrage.

Good luck!

Probably for the best, if you try one night and complain it’s too hard then cat gurl xiV/hello kitty island adventure may be better fits for you anyway.

I just naruto ran in with my raid gear. Did end up having to kite cow man over to worm boi to get some cleave on worm boi so his ree’s didn’t kill me after I murdered cow man again.

Some tips. Do a double leg sweep on cow man and worm boi when worm boi ree’s. It saves you damage. Forgot how weak WW is while doing this mage tower. Cleave the two of them during non raining rocks phase after you’ve popped some stacks off of worm boi.