Mage Tower should come back once a year for a week

No, it shouldn’t come back.

Time exclusive rewards are rewards for doing content when they are current. You have to beat the challenge with the gear, talents, spells, consumables and borrowed power that we have at the time.

No, we can’t just roll the clock back and scale everyone down to level [whatever] because your level was only a small part of the challenge.

Also, if they made it to where you can get rewards whenever you want, then there would be no incentive to participate when it was current.

1 Like

I mean… I did propose a one week a year window lol. Not exactly whenever you want.

Would be awesome! Let’s do this too!

Going to ignore my other points?

p.s. You’re also ignoring the part that says “when it was current.

My whole process:

"HMM, I NEVER play affliction, but that Aff lock scythe looks DOPE. "

Cut to me trying to learn the infernal cheese, it almost gave me a heart attack. Took about 30 tries. Why, even with a cheese strategy and severe overgearing? Because I had not laid a finger on affliction except to get Utalesh. Ever.

But I wanted that thing really bad.

Anyway, you bring it back for a week, people will still complain its not enough. Even when we had the outrageous concordance levels, people complained it was overtuned.

People will complain it should be up more. Or that it’s too hard. Or that old nugget, “if I unlocked it for one spec I should have it for all specs!”

Some people can’t be pleased.

As a rule, I’m pretty much on board with this. I have no problem with time boxed rewards. Yea, they’re just colored pixels, but timeliness matters nevertheless.

That said…

I think it would be interesting if they could paperdoll the toon. Simply, you enter the mage tower and here’s the gear, the only choices you have is talents and which abilities to use in what order. This will be trivial for some, impossible for others, but as long as it’s challenging for most, then Okey Dokey.

Once a year is much less “whenever you want” than having it available 24/7, and they can always offer a title for doing it when it’s current.

We Black Harvest warlocks know all about that.

1 Like

You learned a valuable lesson then, when things come up in the future you should do them if they are time sensitive.

1 Like

I just wanna do the scenarios again more than anything man. I got 31 appearances, and I wanna practice the healers till I get them down pat. A bit of like a phantom pain when wanting to do current content as a healer. Absolute dog poo that the only alternatives to do removed content you enjoyed are to wait until an official legacy client or find other sources.

Old elite mogs should never make another appearance. Ever. People compete for those in a specific meta during a specific season with the understanding they are fighting for time sensitive trophies. 1800 now is no where near a comparison to 2k+ and 2200+ in previous expansions. 1800 is a joke. Absolutely no one should get an elite mog which took 2100 and 2200+ to finish for hitting 1800 in a season like Shadowlands PvP. The amount of effort is not comparable.

2 Likes

Mage Tower can keep the skins.

But flails must be a transmog option for all players. This means:

1. A sturdy stick
  2. Chain with physics
  3. Ball

Am I a Golden Retriever? Maybe. But this game needs more flail transmogs, with or without Mage Tower.

2 Likes

But the 2 flails we do have do not have chains with physics.

I love em, but they kinda just hang down except when you’re running, they do sway a bit.

I earned 26 of them (all i wanted) and I dont care if it comes back.

But they have to find a way to still make it difficult.

How is it a fallacy? More exclusive = more special. And while on that, it is perfectly okay to have people feel special for something they have and others do not.

The Mage Tower was not there for you to get a cool transmog set. It was get an exclusive appearance.

The exclusive appearances should stay exclusive. For druids, Blizzard should instead create an appearance system for them. There was a nice suggestion to have them copy world’s beasts similar to how Hunters can get certain pets. And certain appearances can be rewards, challenges, or even exclusives.

One of my buddies did exactly that. He got it on every single spec. He was working and attending college full time. No excuses. I didn’t do it on all because I could not care enough. And that’s fair, I only got it for classes I like most.

There is literally nothing wrong with this. If it was a constant recurring thing constantly gating most of the content, that’s one thing. An artifact appearance? Nope. Justifiable and fine. Let the people who played then feel special, it’s ok.