Mage tower overtuned

I think thats what ZM was missing TBH, Hard solo content that had not only a reason to do it on alt classes, but alt specs as well.

how do I like a comment twice? asking for a friend lol

1 Like

I think that there’s a distinct lack of fulfilling solo stuff, yeah. You’ll get a lot of threads on how pg/mt were overtuned, but I think having something that anybody can work on without a group that also isn’t a complete pushover is pretty cool.

Stuff is either super hard and/or requires a group or is so boringly trivially easy that you’re just kind of going through the motions, like with 99% of “world” content.

Imagine a sort of scaling solo progression thing that ranges from a normal dungeon to a high key.

And/or more teaching content.

I really think that’s one of the pillars wow needs to focus on to make it awesome again! Like you said most world content feels like an afk phone game and then the mage tower gets dropped (which is awesome! Don’t change it) and its such a stark contrast in difficulty. World content would be much better if they had a smoother progression from afk - medium difficulty- mage tower

1 Like

When was the last time you saw the game outside of a white knighter perspective? Probably never.

wow, I’ve missed a lot, hey remember that time the bear tower was mathematically impossible?

I completed [A Challenging Look] on April 3, 2017. That’s the day it released. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/argent-dawn/zothlar/achievements/legacy/expansion-features

I completed [A Tour of Towers] on December 30, 2021. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/argent-dawn/zothlar/achievements/world-events/timewalking

With the possible exception of some outliers like Priest, the Tower tuning is fine and very comparable to release difficulty.

We did this before, and instead of accepting that I completely shatter your argument that no one who says it’s fine did an early clear in Legion, you tried to move the goalposts to the fact that I didn’t do my off spec challenges until later. Will you accept the truth this time or just try to deflect again?

2 Likes

In release day many challenges had many bugs that made them cheese. Like Twins not spawning hands and more. So it is not certainly true that having completed them in those days it is considered they are just fine and the problem is the player skill.

and all of us who beat it cheated instead of practicing!? like it was yesterday!

So let me get this straight. According to Pawzer, people who didn’t do it early in Legion can’t say they are fine and the issue is people need to get better, because they don’t have a valid comparison, despite the fact they were able to do the current version.

But according to you, people who did them early in Legion can’t say they are fine and the issue is people need to get better because apparently, despite all of the QQ about how hard they were on day 1, everyone was able to just exploit bugs to win with no effort at all.

So in conclusion, no one can say they are fine and people need to get better, regardless of their previous experience.

Instead, why don’t both of you just accept that fact that people of widely different experiences confirm that the tuning is fine and people who are complaining should probably spend more time getting better.

I didn’t do Affliction until later, but the majority of the bugs I’m aware of certainly didn’t make the challenges easier at all, let alone cheese wins. Invisible Runes on the demo encounter, and Valkyries in the ground are two examples off the top of my head.

Don’t listen to Zothlar, he thinks he’s above the rest.

Speaking of another topic, has anyone tried the Tower with the new tiers gear?
They probably don’t work either right?
I ask because in all the patch weeks I haven’t seen a single piece of tier even remotely.

I’ve actually said over and over again in different threads that I’m, at best, a slightly above average player. My only CE was in Emerald Nightmare which doesn’t count, I get KSM later than many and don’t push further. When I was a main spec DPS my parses were generally around 50th percentile, sometimes peaking around 70th. My best PvP ranking was 2k in RBG during Cataclysm and I’m honest enough to recognize I was the worst player on a good team. My arena experience is laughable.

What I am is someone who is willing to recognize when the fault is mine, and someone who works to improve. I didn’t get a book mount last December because I’m a great player. I got one because I worked at it and was willing to accept that the wipes were my fault and indications that I needed to improve, which I did. A whole mountain of possibilities opens up for even average players as soon as they stop blaming external factors for things they can control, like the quality of their own play.

3 Likes

I did all 3 mage specs over the last four days, and Frost felt the hardest, specifically I was having difficulty Blizzarding all the adds together as well as the DPS check on Raest in the final phase. I finally got it to work by ignoring the way some videos did it, in particular I lusted on phase 2.

But I am curious to know if Frost MT got objectively a bit harder, because of the new changes to Frozen Orb, or if it was just me. If you read all the old tips everyone was saying Frost should be super easy but I wiped many times.

All good with that man. Good for you to be that way, what is meant is that you do not have to tell others that they think they are better than they are, that is simply rude, offensive and altruistic.

I speak on my behalf, I don’t make the Tower to show how good I am or not at the game (because that’s the idea that everyone has about the Tower and I think it’s pretty screwed up).

I just do the Tower because I like the Tome Mount and it’s certainly hilarious to see how I panic when the mechanics stack up.
Only that reason.

I would also say that people who claim that the only reason most of us beat our mage tower was because we cheated, is also rude.

Which is what other people in this thread and many others have either implied or directly said.

2 Likes

I know, in none of my posts have I actually commented on that subject, even knowing that it is true that many did it that way.

The point is, who cares how you do it, as long as you’re having fun.

It most certainly did. I did the enh challenge recently and flame shock spread and frost shock buff made it easy in terms of damage check, the frost nerf most certainly made the challenge harder

1 Like

The Twins is the only real challenge that worries me.
I have tried several times with my hunter and it is too complicated for my brain.
Multitasking has never been my thing and this challenge is too much in that sense. Adding that the life and damage of both Twins have been increased, this challenge is a total nightmare for me and for so many more players.

I feel that xylem, p2 in particular is the biggest problem. The optimization to score a kill is beyond the pale. In legion you could end up with 2-4 add groups and still have ground to stand on. In timewalking you have to carefully make it so you have 5 add groups, and the kill will likely be during the soft enrage of the entire eye being a void zone for the last 1-3% assuming normal gear and usage of potions+drums at least. Twins is the biggest victim of times changing, most of the classes that got the twins had tools for movement that were changed or don’t exist anymore. The ones that didn’t lost tools for taking those adds and converting them into single target damage frozen orb style.

Most of the other challenges are completable in a fair manner, but I wouldn’t call them well tuned either. I’ve seen too much stuff like 10 minute+ extended feltotem because in tw you can’t just kill the tauren you have to sandbag and kill them both at the same time or die to enrage within 10-30(being really generous) seconds, sigryn having an enrage that can be reached something I didn’t even know existed in legion despite doing it in nighthold as demo, and just doing the healing challenge on multiple healers.

I completed both as well, on release day 04/04/2017 which was EU release day, as well as more than a couple alts during release month. How many characters did you do it on in Legion? One spec? One class only? Or more?

I completed [A Tour of Towers] on 10/12/2021 which was quite a bit before your own.

The Tower tuning is not fine and not very comparable to release difficulty

We did this before, and instead of accepting that I completely shatter your argument that anyone who says it’s not fine didn’t do it in Legion, you tried to move the goalposts to the fact that only one IE YOU could be the deciding factor of challenges being ‘fine’ despite only having done it on ONE spec. Will you accept the truth this time or just try to deflect again?

Best advice I have for the twins is to try it on a mage if you have one.