Mage tower makes me want to die lol

(stamps bingo card)

2 Likes

so…I do seem to be slowly getting better, I managed to get p1 down to 22%, still think we should be able to punt the inquisitor into the void

I got it back in the day on my prot paladin, and I was like “Well, so long as I’m here, may as well bang it out real quick on my guardian druid…” and knocked it out in a couple hours on my druid alt.

Either I’m WAY worse at the game or it’s WAY harder now. If you feel like you’re doing badly, my guess is it’s just that you’re comparing yourself to people with more time to dump into it and/or a better approach, either way you can clean up your methodology a little and just forget about what anyone else thinks.

Anyway, I’d say that if you’re running into that much trouble, you should load up the “DBM Challenges” plugin, then tinker with it and your process until you’ve got the mechanics down like clockwork. Maybe even put in custom voice prompts or tweak the sounds, so you hear a chime=>instinctively hit your roar at the perfect time to interrupt the nether storm right as its cast finishes/channel starts

Just ignore the boss/healing orbs and focus on living through the mechanics until the mechanics get easy, then start working toward the actual kill

If you’re still struggling in p1, there must be some specific things that you might be missing.
is it the same things that get you?

i really wonder how all the players who begged for mage tower back are feeling.

Honestly, if it was like it was on the PTR I proably would have been seeing Kruul reliably at least, if not having cleared it by now.

I would hope that I’m a good player even if my body has taken a dive since my mop/wod hay day (bronze tank and silver heals/dps in the proving grounds, so I’d think I was pretty solid lol)

do you keep dying to the same thing?

I feel you man, but you might wanna change the title or the police might give you a visit :grimacing:

VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY BAD :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

OP, you really should take a break. Try again after after you’ve calmed down because you’re post reads like someone who’s gone full tilt and you’ll never succeed when you’re like that.

If you don’t get it this go around, you’ll get it next time.

I wouldn’t expect a nerf to phase 1, is already easy, just pop heart of the wild and dps him in boomkin form. You can burn +20-25% just before the first set of adds.

My favorite so far is a 5% Kruul wipe after a second or two of lag.
Came out of lag, wham dead.
I’m a solid 60 attempts in at this point and down over 100k from consumables and junk.
I want it… but it makes me want to gouge out my eyes with a spork… not even a good spork, more like one of those cheap ones from sonic with the chili dogs…

3 Likes

I’ve had this happen more times than I care to admit. I’ve also been slungshot into the void by an eye that I couldn’t see or target because it spawned in the rocks.

Honestly it’s a random toss up, sometimes it’s because the stomp area is bigger than what the game shows me for the ‘don’t stand here’ spot, others it’s because I interupt roared a milisecond to early so the nether’s do the smog clouds. Sometimes it’s cause I get to gready and take 1 to many stacks from the aura with a cheeky dps spam after a skull bash.

But honestly alot of times I experience bugs in it still, like eyes not showing the ‘beam’ but still deciding to knock me, eyes spawning in terrain and not being properly hittable. Even had velen run off the edge once and just kill himself which was…an experience I guess.

I had to stop though cause my heart rate/blood pressure were gettin’ up there and the hand shaking started to get…on the cusp of problematic, but in total I just hit 101 attempts.

you can typhoon the infernals away to buy a ton of time for yourself. and always plan on moving past infernals. you might wanna dedicating a couple pulls to just learning how to bait infernal smashes. that will help you a ton down the line.

for the aoe interupts, i always skipped my global right before so i could just properly wait for the interupt timing. much easier to get when you aren’t trying to rush.

i suppose my only advice for this one is don’t get greedy, set rules for yourself and stick to them. int charge in. if thrash mangle, then back out and maul or swipe on your way out.

im very sorry about that, I experienced no bugs, eyes spawned in the pillars, but i could still manually click on them.

I probably could click on them now, but I was, until this evening, experiencing a bug where, despite combat nameplates being on, I wasn’t getting them.

That’s more likely a broken interaction with multiple addons than a fault with the game.

yeah, maybe your ui addons are at fault?

Yup I give up. Its clear MT is meant for people who are good at setting macros and keybinds and other things. Its taking all the skill I have just trying to destroy the ice shards and escape (Yet DH can just double jump over them)

I was only able to beat MT in Legion because I out geared it and I had legendries. I remember back when my AOEs could kill the ice shards in a few hits in Legion.