Mage tower is overtuned

My bear tower was fine.

1 Like

Ah. Well, i havent tried bear. So maybe i shouldnt have said. Just going on what ive read.

For resto sham though, i can 100% say that compared to the ele challenge, and hpal (same fight for a different healer), it isn’t even close in terms of difficulty

1 Like

It was rough. Possible, but definitely rough. It’s much more comparable post-nerf.

I mean, I barely put any effort in to put several other Mage Towers to beat them, whereas Bear is still a bit of a challenge for some folks.

Dude HPally was so easy it took an hour and that was really just spent mapping out my CDs for P1… after that I got it by my 2nd attempt at P3.

Resto Druid was very easy as well in comparison to Holy Priest… Holy Priest was the worst.

Monk and Shaman were pretty even but harder than Druid and Pally.

1 Like

Yah. Ive heard priest is rough too. So without that stun racial, in phase 4 you need to interupt the 1st mage cast at exactly the right time so that your capacitator totem hits both soldiers immediately after they finish channeling knife dance AND also intrrupt the 2nd mage cast.

If you interupt the first cast outside literally a half second window, the capacitator totem timing doesnt hit all three mechanics you need it to and you lose. Even if you interupt at the exact right time which is required, you also need to drop the capacitator totem within an equally small window or the mage gets another cast off and you lose.

The margin for error is extremely small. With an extra stun, you wouldnt need to worry about it.

2 Likes

Bull Rush or War Stomp are very strong for the healer challenge. Wave 4 is definitely the hardest part of that challenge.

My Shaman is HMT and my Monk is regular Tauren and they were great.

I struggled with the Holy Priest for a while and (I have so much wow gold) considered buying tokens for a race change to Tauren to have War Stomp for Wave 4.

For Holy Priest I use Censure Talent, would open with it to stun the Mage and setup Holy Fire and Pain, Psychic Scream the 2nd cast along with the 2 first blade dance, use Apotheosis to reset my Holy words, Censure to stun again now that Chastise is reset.

The mage would get 1 cast off before dying to SW:D and I’d Desperate Prayer and just tank the two fixated from the solider and heal through.
Than Shackle the one not being focused and Divine Hymn through the 1 blade dance on its own and than you’d have Shackle + Chatise for the 3rd blade dance if you didn’t kill one solider already.

1 Like

Yep… and even of one soldier isnt dead by that time you should be able to get it down before too much of the double knife dance happens again.

For Rsham its a question of doing enough damage during double fixate to kill one before double knife dance. You can’t heal through it.

As long as the mage dies before you have to start kiting it’s fine though since the npcs arent taking damage at that time. You just pop SWG and astral shift, then frost shock, earthbind, and run away spamming on a target. Basically if you can kill the mage in wave 4 before someone dies, you can complete the whole thing.

1 Like

You can’t beat content that many other are able to beat = the devs are incompetent? is that what you’re saying?
There challenges are hard because they’re made to be hard. Nobody in the dev room said “If Jepho can’t beat the tower we screwed up and the tunings off”
You being able to beat the tower isn’t the base line for tuning, why would you think it is? 47 tries really isn’t that many, how can you even puta number of tries=success into this? If you mess up the mechanics you could run it 300 times and it still wouldn’t be over tuned. I don’t like the dismissive “git gud” comments but you’re problems are going to be fixed with practice, not gear and gold

1 Like