Mage Tower Boosters

Advertising for even types of boosting that are totally against terms will normalize the idea that paid boosting is the best way to achieve goals.

3 Likes

I think Blizzard is A-OK with that message. It encourages people to buy tokens to pay for those boosts.

When a dev promotes boosting, it sends the message ‘yeah it’s okay to do stuff for GOLD ONLY’…most boosters abuse that by offering RMT. NOBODY in the game just boosts to have millions of gold. The gold sold for real money makes lots of side money–there are people who make a living off of selling gold and boosting is the fastest way to make it.

Incorrect! If that were true, a bunch of people I know who travel for work wouldn’t have had to get appeals on their bans for being logged in elsewhere in their travels. Keep in mind, these people don’t do much in regards to content. And one was even just logging into his Garrison and Pandaria farm to get some of the pets and mounts and achieve, as this is all new to him. Which means he’s phased away from everyone.

And you can report all you want. No one’s stopping you. It’s the same people over and over. So report, use the add-on to block them and then go on with your game.

The point is: everyone has the means to report and block these people without being dramatic on the forums and letting it ruin their game. And the last time people flipped out here over spam ads, we got the LFG authenticator requirements. If you can’t use the tools given to you and move on with your gaming, we’ll end up with authenticator required chat channels.

No they don’t. They never have. Let’s not blow things out of proportion around here, hmm?

Are you talking about these people using public VPN services while traveling? Yeah that’s a YMMV scenario and it’s been acknowledged by blues as such.

Bad guy uses VPN service, gets banned, VPN IP used is the same as your friend’s, they get caught up in the process and just have to appeal.

1 Like

They don’t? Well, what steps have they taken to stop boosting spam? Oh wait Blizzard’s president advertised his personal stream where he was selling boosts.

1 Like

I wonder if you’ll ever respond to me. You support boosting but only a certain kind of boosting? Hypocritical much?

Last I checked, hotel WiFi isn’t VPN. They don’t do the kind of work where they’d even know what a VPN is.

Fair, but we’re still talking about shared services in that context. Appeal the ban and move on.

I can’t help it if you can’t read “do it legit or quit”.

Does that go for M+ and raiding as well?

So because you don’t see accounts get banned means they don’t do anything? And the outrage over the LFG authenticator requirement was fake? LOL okay.

That’s :clap:t3: not :clap:t3: promoting :clap:t3: ALL :clap:t3: types :clap:t3: of :clap:t3: boosting.

Gold boosting has existed since Vanilla and guilds use it as a way to fill the guild bank for the next tier of progression. If you can’t separate account sharing from paying someone gold to get carried through a raid, then I don’t know what to tell you. Stop spreading false information.

I see you missed my point entirely. lol Its also hilarious that you’ll tell someone to appeal and move on, but dislike when you’re told to report, block and move on. :wink:

Connect to shared services, risk a ban. It has nothing to do with location and everything to do with using a shared service used by a bad actor.

I mean, what exactly can us as players do beyond reporting these people? Keep yelling at blizzard to make the bad people go away?

1 Like

I’ve not heard of the first booster or boostee getting banned. Normally you’d at least hear about a “ban wave” but nope, nothing like that since the start of the heavily advertised boosting.

And now you can officially buy gold in the game so you can get boosted through as much as you want. You honestly believe Blizzard doesn’t support more money coming in?

:man_shrugging:

That’s what reporting basically is :\

No one is ever given information about who gets banned. Ever.

And the “ban waves” are announcements by Wowhead, never Blizzard. It’s assumption based off of some popular guilds who exploited. Not carry communities. Your information is incorrect.

Absolutely nowhere near the same thing as RMT and account sharing. The fact that you’ve even twisted that in your mind to think RMT and account sharing is the same as buying a token and giving someone in game gold is beyond me.

I mean i guess? but also not really? because its like saying reporting a crime to the police is the same as going on facebook to yell at the cops and tagging them in your posts. sure technically in both cases you’ve reported the issue to the proper authorities but one is much more uh…whiney.