Mage or warlock. Which in your opinion is more fun?

Mage is the 5th most popular among the 12 classes but no question when it is top when comes to the clothies. I was helping a pug community raid that was progressing on heroic Sire a couple weeks ago and there were like 4 mages and 0 warlocks. When I watch my Rag kill vid in 2005 from time to time with my first guild when my first main was warlock, there were 5 mages and 2 warlocks out of the 40 man raid.

Having played both extensively my warlock is retired though, I think warlocks get shafted with extra responsibilities. In vanilla, I had to go to EPL from Ironforge before raid to farm soul shards from green level mobs or higher so that way I could summon people to MC. Their QoL is better now though not having to do that but they still have to be one of the first people to be better to summon the others that are running late.

Warlocks also may spend globals for soulstone, have to know where to place gate on certain encounters, and have to make healthstones every couple of wipes.

Mages just have to buff before fight and during fight if someone gets rezzed and don’t have to hero if shaman or hunter is in the raid in comparison.

I have stuck by my mage out of all the classes because I love kiting and the footwork involved. There’s just so much flash and outplay potential utilizing their whole kit. It has nothing to do with free food or portals when you ask me why I play mine. You can really see the person that makes the mage.

1 Like

Mages have Time Warp, Iceblock, Blink, good CC, they’re fun to play and they do great damage. Everyone wants a Mage in their group. They also have amazing tier sets and other transmog options.

You want a Mage.

2 Likes

What is your source? :open_mouth: I am interesed to check

.statista.com/statistics/276318/distribution-of-world-of-warcraft-characters-by-class/

1 Like

Lock is good. Jsut some animations are bad
lol. To me it looks like angry constipation if I had to describe it.

I leveled one to 60 and like lock more. Have a mage I am trying to level but whatever clicked to have me like lock alot
hasn’t happened at level 30-ish on mage.

I 'd say if someone was torn here try both and level to at least 20-30. Not much time these days and see how it goes for them.

I will 60 the mage. If not out of joy, ocd. Its the only class left I have never level capped. That check in box missing has the ocd going c’mon dude
its the only one. fix that.

1 Like

That is me with priest Lol.

1 Like

Warlock. It’s simply the superior class. Mage can’t solo anything and it’s mobility? It’s actually mostly useless. It’s good for farming old content but that’s about it. What’s the point of blink? By the time you’ve pressed it and have clicked another spell, not only have you face pulled another mob but the mob you’re trying to kill has already cought up to you. CC ability? Frost nova is a joke. Doesn’t even work on 99% of the mobs you actually need it for. Time warp? Why? You’ll barely ever use it solo and a shaman and hunter can do that too. Sure fire was fotm for a bit but fire outside of combust is completely trash. Mage is just objectively bad on all fronts. Even shaman is better.

Mog wise though I do prefer mage mogs to warlocks. Warlock mogs are too tryhard emo and end up being meh as a result.

I was just curious one day and googled and watched vids. Didn’t research their credibility so don’t quote me on what I said but the different lists in terms of class popularity were consistent.

(Smiles and shows pointed teeth)

Warlock of course! Who else can summon an army of demons to smash your enemies. The outfits looks great as well.

Also don’t mind Maurdeth. I don’t think anyone can understand what she is saying half the time. :joy:

1 Like

2019 up until present it’s still pretty popular, it goes up and down from 1-10 regularly, in pre SL it was #2. It’s #4ish now, maybe 5

A) Warlock
B) Warlock
C) I’d call it a tie - there are some really nice sets for both and there are some really BAD looking sets for both
D) Most of the time Warlock. Only Mage spec I play is Arcane and it’s a very underdog spec. Yes, it’s rotation is pretty simple but it’s more about knowing where your burn phase windows are and getting everything out of it that you can. It’s this hyper-focus concentrated spec. Proving the doubters wrong is fun. Though, if you’re looking to do mainly progression, Arcane can be a rough road.

1 Like

Yeah I just sent an English site cause that some 13th century stuff. My grand parents wouldn’t even understand any of that
 and they were born in 1916

No body ever complained when having an Arcane mage ina dungeon when leveling up to max. That’s all i’m sayin, top DPS all day next to pallys lol.

1 Like

Warlock is the least played pure dps class for a reason.

No mobility
Class designed butchered throughout the years.

I’ve been a warlock main for years but honestly feels terrible playing the class now

they don’t have a lot of mobility unless Night Fae, but even then for PvE it isn’t that big of a deal due to how small those dungeons are anyways. If raids, well afflic is way more mobile.

1 Like

Warlock, they are literally a tank caster. THey have it all, abilities that make a mage blush with jealousy.

1 Like

This can be an issue.

I had a dungeon crew on one run with mine
who rushed like I have seen before.

My dps was horrendous. Guess it was “carry” hookup for a friend as the pace was fast, pulls massive but we cleared no issues.

I go to cast, stand still
mob pulled out of range. Only way I got casts off was basically rush up like I was melee so when pulled away they’d still be in range.

edit: spec was afflcition

That’s what I personally love about mage. Blink is so fun. The other casters are too static for me.

I started as priest in classic, swapped to warlock in wrath, and then I started mage in Cata when they introduced Scorch on the move and never looked back.

1 Like

honestly the only difference between the two and what you need to ask yourself is

do you like tab targeting 5-10 times per pull, or do you like just kabooming everything no tabbing. If you like pressing Tab then warlock is your class.

1 Like