Mage or warlock. Which in your opinion is more fun?

Which is more fun in your opinion in terms of

A) Engaging Rotation?
B) Spell animations?
C) Better good looking Gear?
D) Better Reward feel when executed well?

In my opinion:

A) Warlock, especially Affliction because you HAVE to keep track of stuff, kinda true for Demo as well except for Destro
B) This is where Destro comes in, Rain fire and BIG BOLTS on EVERYTHING.
C) Warlock, No contest. Though Mage can get some offsets so this only matters for specific sets.
D) Warlock, because it is challenging to play PvP-wise (This is all I do so I can’t answer in terms of PvE)

I know you didn’t mention this, but if an easier time is what you’re looking for then the answer would be Mage, though once you learn Warlock it also becomes easy.

4 Likes

warlock, mine has 36keybinds using macros. plus “pets”. But it’s not as ‘mobile’ as a mage really, not to say you don’t have mobility.

1.Lock gets an 9 on rotation.
2.Spell animations- Destruction felfire looks great with animations but sorta annoying quest to do to get it.
3.lock has tier tmog.
4. Both are excellent (mage and lock) in dmg. I would say mage relies on combust as opposed to the soul shard generation with locks which isn’t that big of a deal and happens more frequently.

2 Likes

Warlock because we are the original hero class.

4 Likes

I have more fun with a Warlock. I tried a Mage. It was different. But a Warlock is more fun for me.

Solo play, a Warlock can do things a Mage can’t. You can easily solo quite a bit. And in group content, you really notice when you have no Warlock. Being able to bring your lazy mates to the party and getting things started is the set up for Fun to begin.

Mages have kiting and invis Ice block slows and snares, and nuking… but I guess you have to like that Playstyle.

2 Likes

Locks have a mini-tank - the voidwalker. This is a huge asset, and simply because of this you can take on bigger stuff.

1 Like

I wanna say mage but my man I am not enjoying 'em as of late. Warlock gets my vote right now.

And warlocks will always win this category.

1 Like

Annoying anon.
When 'twas present content I daresay naught was more exciting. Of my time in Mists the duel against Kanrethad atop the Black Temple was the highlight, in some small part for mine having survived his supposedly lethal Cataclysm on mine ultimate run.

httpsenglishliveefcom/en-us/how-it-works/english-classes-online/

1 Like

I started playing an arcane mage and for my money it doesn’t get any better than what a mage slings arcane blast. Well, I’m actually more enjoying it because I like the basic arcane vibe and the immersive quality as I longer doing Legion Order Hall questline.

1 Like

Arcane is terribad and boring as hell

eh. Arcane starts having to manage mana around lvl 27, fire mage picks up around that lvl. But generally speaking, they do a lot of dmg. If you’re not into casting classes, stick with pally? XD

Warlock good. Only class where summon girl friend. Can also dump at any time. Also good.
Plus fire. Fire cook meat. Fire burn enemies. No use inside. Fire burn down house.

4 Likes

A) warlock
B) warlock
C) warlock
D) warlock

My answers based on mage being oversaturated so yeah warlock looks more fun!

Sarcasm aside I think they both require skillsets from the individual. Warlock is more micro while mage is based on athleticism. By athleticism I mean players that can control their mage really well.

1 Like

Most votes are saying warlock but it’s one of the least played classes; while mages are consistently a more played class.

I guess mages are too busy playing the game to tell you what’s fun on the forums. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

The absence of evidence is not evidence.

Maybe they left to play FF14 LOL

Well yeah. they are also probably playing tbcc and bringing in that good mage gold. Portals, leveling, carries…it pays the rent well.

1 Like

lol, yeah, maybe they all left with the Flamestrike nerf.

1 Like

waiting for the next sub revenue decrease report to come out relatively soon again lol.

mage is cool is funs war lock is bad

1 Like