Mage changes coming next patch

Thank you God. Finally a mage rework. Now im happy

Edit.: Hope they do some changes on frost tree. Ice comet need to change to another spot on talent tree

2 Likes

Comet Storm and Meteor are some of the most beautiful and iconic spells in the Mage arsenal. It would be a hate crime if they continue to not see play after a comprehensive rework.

2 Likes

Meteor is being removed sooooo.
Well, I guess it could be brought back as Fire only, but I doubt it. Reticle based spells are not enjoyable in this game.

2 Likes

Yea that dude is weird, literally stalks me around other posts also xD

1 Like

Here, let me tell you:

“How will mages possibly express any sort of skill without having to sit in a circle for 12 seconds???”

2 Likes

That’s about right.

A little surprised they aren’t doing something to address arcane’s ramp up tbh

I am hoping that will be forthcoming. They said their only going over the basics with this post.

Hmm seems like they going to reduce the number of talents of icy veins by merging them into baseline, so basically what I suggested in a few topics.

Also removing RoP and just a flatline 15% damage buff is nice i guess, but it will hurt Fire/Arcane a bit, since they don’t care about the 15% dmg outside their bursr and losing 25% during their main burst so I’m still looking forward some tweaking there.
Edit: ah I see arcane surge got buffed by a lot too. So kinda removes this complaint of mine. Looking forward for similar buffs for fire/frost.
Edit2: And we still retain IF. Oh wow…

The 3 capstone talents feel weird aswell. Ice block no longer immune is meh… the 3 people get our pretry weak barriers is also meh maybe rework it that we get all 3 of our barriers regardless of spec, and the mass invis is PvP only.

1 Like

For a capstone and 2 minute cd it should be a full value triune.

Still don’t like it.

No reason to ever trade block for a wall on same cd. Block is fine how it is

Mass invisi is really ok for stopping and peeling a cc

The barrier one is awful

Yeah, I’m kind of sad to see Meteor go because it’s actually exciting to see. They could add to the Fire tree as a choice of something.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised if it ends up being something of a proc on a spell perhaps.

1 Like

Holy Paladins are very in need of a revamp, its almost been a patch cycle since they last got one

Yep, it feels weak. Myself and 3 other people who are closest… it’s just feels weak. I guess it’s an extra barrier for myself but that’s about it. I could see builds where none of the 3 capstone talents are picked.

1 Like

Praying that they keep Meteor in the Fire tree and buff it. I want to be god damn Madara.

Make fire like it was in Cata

3 Likes

I think in PVE, the Ice Cold talent might not be as useful as a full immunity, but PVP it can be quite nice paired with the Cyro Freeze heal and being used pre-emptively.

Mass Barrier for Arcane, if it inherits all of the talented modifiers, it can be pretty strong with the damage reductions. And Mass invis apparently is not going to be pvp only anymore. (they mentioned they’ll change the pvp talent in a future build, hope it’s something nice).

3 Likes

I’m happy for some feedback. I hope frost changes make it into 10.1.5. It seems like Arcane is their golden child this expansion. This is our first feedback of the expansion. I hope they keep it up!

True, though I mostly speak from a PvE perspective.

Still it’s just 3 other person in the whole group. Similarly in a 2v2 3v3 arena or m+ it coild be useful, so basically small team size content, but in a raid environment? I pretty much doubr it.

Hard to say, We dont need rune and Siphon Storm now halves Evocation’s channel time, that should help?

It’s up to the encounters, I guess… but if fights require stacking or soaking with more than one people. Hm, I suppose there’s gonna be some player skill involved in making the best use of this.

1 Like