Mag’har Orc Warlocks

You asked ‘who cares what they call themselves’

I gave you an answer and asked an honest question in return. Why are you here? It doesn’t seem like you genuinely care about the lore and only want to argue reasons as to why this breaking of the lore should be tolerated.

It’s fine to not care about the lore mind you, not everyone is going to and that’s fine, but at the very least I’d ask you not to step on the toes of those who do.

Some of them were. Not all. Some like LF Draenei and HM Tauren should’ve been customizations for the base races

1 Like

I would put Void Elves and Mag’har orcs in this category too.

1 Like

We should have gotten actual High Elves instead. And the void elves should’ve been a blood elf customization

In this we agree.

High Elves were something that Alliance players desperately asked for, with me being one of them. Maybe with the current Blizzard developers we’d have gotten that, but with the crowd that was in charge back then, we got Void Elves instead.

You don’t care about the lore, you just enjoy being a gatekeeper on the forum, distilling some kind of authority on the lore that you clearly don’t have and always making the mistake of taking any event literally without any ability to see nuance.

Your insistence that mag’hars warlocks discredits the lore of the race is a delusion that only exists in your head. This is the same as saying that if a US citizen naturalizes as a German, the entire US code of legitimacy loses its value.

An individual’s decision is his alone, and you try to sell this boring idea here on the forum that one deviation of the norm is everyone’s deviation of the norm doesn’t exist.

Even because warlocks are not “Hur dur evils” as you say. They contributed as much as the others to saving the world from the Legion, the player wielded powers far beyond what any shadow council warlock could dream of, and no one became a slave to the Legion.

The truth is that you look like a nostalgic old man who keeps bothering people with speeches that in your time there was discipline and rules. When in fact such a person is merely someone out of touch with the changes in the world.

You don’t offer any positive or creative feedback for these changes to be incorporated into the game, even though thousands of players would love to play with these combination of races and class. You don’t care that it will bring joy to other people.

So stop saying you care about the lore. Baal showed posts above how much you don’t even understand the basics of warlock lore. And yet you and others here feel entitled to say what is right or wrong for Blizzard to do in this case without even knowing the subject of the debate. There are several ways to be a warlock, just as in the dawn of the paladins in the Horde there was a whole consistent lore that explained that event.

Don’t waste our time with your childish tantrum, instead work on providing solutions that take the same level of care that the blood elf paladin lore took.

1 Like

Don’t tell me what I do and do not care about.

I have been roleplaying in this game for 18 years. I have been creating stories for my characters since the day I first bought World of Warcraft and started playing a Paladin (which was my favourite hero in Warcraft III).

You don’t get to decide what I care about.

Shove off.

The thing is that the Mag’har that we get are not the Mag’har we knew up until WoD. They were just called such because it was a name recognition, but for all intents and purposes, there’s not really much in common with the Mag’har faction of Outland. I mean, the Allied Race Mag’har, AKA the former Iron Horde, are still using the Void/Shadow, which doesn’t exactly scream ‘uncorrupted’ when it comes to the magic.

So it’s honestly some weird grey area, especially since we don’t actually know what wielding Fel in a measured extent, as opposed to drinking Fel blood, does. We do see green orcs on Gul’dan’s side in WoD, but those orcs are so deep into Fel use that they count as demons in terms of the their categorizing. We don’t see much in the way of physical changes to races that just wield the Fel on the level that the average mage wields the Arcane.

Human, gnome, and dwarf warlocks don’t have any examples of any major physical changes, blood elves got green eyes but they were using Fel to directly sate their magical hunger. So we don’t even know if Mag’har* warlocks would turn green.

That said, per the lore, warlock is a pretty broad umbrella anyway. It’s just a name for a caster who went ‘we’ve clearly gone beyond the point where we should stop… but let’s keep going anyway and see what happens’. Even a lot of warlocks spells aren’t even Fel, they’re Shadow or Fire damage.

Perhaps they could say Alternative Universe Draenor Mag’har are more resistant to fel and that is why they don’t turn green. I would hate that because I tell myself the Mag’har we have are mostly from Outland so my brain doesn’t have to process alternative dimensions.

Sorry about yesterday. Emotions were running high and everyone got a little too emotional defending their positions

But yeah, High Elves would have been amazing to have. :smiley:

The Allied race scenario for the ‘Mag’har’ is one of the most idiotic things they’ve ever written into lore so I don’t blame you for that.

1 Like

Who cares if you’ve been playing for 18 years? I’ve been playing this game since beta. I have achievements in my characters that prove that I’ve been playing since vanilla, including the title of commander from the vanilla era. And I don’t use that argument to say that I appreciate lore more than anyone else. Who do you think you are to say someone shouldn’t be here because they don’t appreciate the lore as much as you do? Who put you in this position of saying you appreciate lore more than others?

You are incapable of considering other people’s wishes, you are clearly obtuse when it comes to lore creativity, and you treat something singular as an event that affects the entire plurality of an entire race.

This is stupid to say the least. You can say what you want, the truth is, you and everyone else in this crusade are just annoying. Nobody cares if mag’hars are warlocks because that’s a class like any other. And since warlocks can only be good in this game, they will be heroes like everyone else is just a hero.

None of this affects the game. None of this affects the lore. It doesn’t matter what you say. No mag’har player will be the new Gul’dan, he will only have one character who will help save dragons and collect slug droppings in Zaralek Caverns. So get off your high horse. And stop this ridiculous lore breaking argument. If that’s the case then all kaldorei lore has also been destroyed, as demon hunters are several times more diabolical than any warlock. He is literally a demon. And it has a corrupting capacity that no warlock has, which shows that this talk of proximity to fel is clearly something that has nuances, and is not literal as you might think.

1 Like

Or in other words yours, because I gave some credible examples of what I’m trying to say and you’ve just flat out ignored them and then claimed that I don’t care about the lore.

I wasn’t aware I was speaking with THE lorekeeper of World of Warcraft. Excuse me, your majesty. This mere serf has forgotten his place.

Don’t mind this a…hole. This forum tab is dying precisely because of players like him. That with their petulant attitude make this place uninviting to new players who are usually greeted with this narcissistic attitude.

He has far less knowledge of lore than he thinks he does. And he is not even able to understand that the very contradictions of the lore disqualify the arguments he and others have presented here.

Even because it is impossible for warlocks to be more corrupting than beings forged in fel like demon hunters, and as far as it is known they were not able to corrupt the kaldorei.

1 Like

Maghat should not be an allied race.

1 Like

Honestly? I wish we had gotten the MU Mok’nathal as an allied race instead and made the Mag’har a customization option for Orcs

1 Like

They have ogre skeleton if im not mistake. That would be different of an allied race. since they share the same body as their original race with the exception of zandalari and kul’tiran.

1 Like

Gul’dan short story invalidates this. He was brown and used fel for quite some time it was when he decided to drink the blood of Mannaroth and that’s when he turned green.

I mean Lightforged and other races I can think I could atleast understand but Mag’har Orcs well it does explain that during WoD or with Gul’dan and his Shadow Council overtime that the Mag’har Orcs had Warlocks in their ranks. So makes sense in some cases.

Another alternative would be to declare that even if they are mechanically Warlocks in the game, in lore they are not.

It would require jumping through a lot of hoops just to appease some unnecessary and redundant class addition, but if we’ve reached this point….

For example, the Destruction branch could be labelled in lore as playable Dark Shamans.
Affliction one, be about Void casters.
And Demonology……remove demon pets, and replace all of them with Firelands and Void creatures to present a combination of the classes I mentioned above.

Would that solve the issue? Absolutely not.
It would remove thematic uniqueness regarding their Shadow Priest and Shaman classes, and would strain in a gameplay and lore level the second they were dumped alongside the rest of Warlocks from other races. In short, it would be like creating patches for a major lore mess.

Because regarding bits like this, I’ll just add, for the last time:

No.

The Mag’har faction is defined on an ideological and cultural level, which made them adopt said name.

Mag’har means Uncorrupted.

Claiming that someone of the Uncorrupted faction can still be considered from it after becoming Corrupted, is absurd.

It’s a blatant oxymoron.

Again, it’s the equivalent of:

1. A Lightforged Draenei that refuses the Light.
  2. A Void elf that rejects being infused by the Void.

And so on.

It really shouldn’t be that hard to understand.
Stop conflating race with ideology.

The Mag’har (playable) are a faction of Orcs that was created through common ideology, not race.

The requisite for being part of them, is to be Uncorrupted.
Warlocks are NOT Uncorrupted.

2 Likes