Maelie the Wanderer -- Character Specific? or Shard Specific?

So today, somebody was trying to convince me (and others) that Maelie can “spawn for some people, but won’t spawn for everyone.” They mentioned that there was a blue post confirming this. I think that they were trolling me, and so did some other players. I searched for said blue post and couldn’t find anything, other than Kaivax’s clarification that Maelie is not expected to be available every day, and that Tiny Bell will not beckon you if Maelie is not up.

I went to Korthia on 3 different characters and none of them received Tiny Bell’s dialogue.

Does anyone else have any further clarification on this? Has anybody experienced this for themselves? That Maelie is available for you, but not for others on your shard?

She isn’t up every day. Apparently if she is Tinybell will emote at you or something.

I can’t see Mailie NOT being account-wide.

1 Like

Exactly, Maelie is consistently up if and only when Tiny Bell emotes at you. Any time Tiny Bell is talking to you, Maelie is up somewhere and then someone will reliably drop a pin to help everyone out.

The player was trying to say that Maelie can be spawned for someone (on your same shard), but not for everyone (ie Tiny Bell won’t beckon you, but she will beckon another player over even if they are on your same shard.)

If that’s how the rare design works, it makes sense as far as RNG, but to make a rare spawn for one character and then not for another character on your same realm and shard? That would be asinine.

2 Likes

Finding her is not. You have to find her 6 (?) times on the same toon.

My bad, I didn’t mean the mount itself being character specific. I meant Maelie being available to click on.

Yep, 6 times. (I’m 5 out of 6 so I was really hoping to find her today.)

I think if she’s unavailable for you, she’s unavailable for everyone on that day.

4 Likes

When they “fixed” it, I would be called over when on different characters and silence as well. Never saw silence on one and called on another.

And since i got her, Tiny recognizes i have her on all characters

1 Like

That’s exactly what I thought lol, me and another player were trying to inform them otherwise but this person kept insisting we were wrong! :man_shrugging: Some troll trying to spread misinformation I guess?

Yep, I even took over two other characters besides this one solely to double-check that it wasn’t a per character thing and rather Maelie is either available, or not available for the day.

That is good to know! That basically confirms that that other person was totally BS’ing!

In fact if you mount near Tinybell, she says she knew you two would be friends (or something like that) even if on a character who didn’t do the quest.

1 Like

She alternates with EU servers. If you find her on day 1, there’s no point in looking for on day 2. She’ll be up on day 3, 5, 7 etc.

That does make a lot of sense actually! Although sometimes I haven’t gotten her for over 2 days in a row so idk how it works exactly.

But I know what that person was trying to state as a fact was actually complete and utter bulls#!t.

It’s annoying having someone login and ask for a pin every 2 minutes. I don’t think anyone goes to Tiny, they just login and expect to be spoonfed.

1 Like

God forbid people help each other, right? :roll_eyes:

On my realm, when she’s available, people will let everyone know where she is to help out and be friendly. Why keep it a secret and be selfish?

2 Likes

Because she’s not up and people ask the same question over and over again.

I don’t mind sharing a pin when she is up, but no one bothers to check with Tiny before asking.

1 Like

They may not know Tiny has to beckon you over. Educate them and explain as much. Teaching people how it works may help alleviate the asking so much.

If you’re using HandyNotes it’s worth noting (haha) that one of her spawn points isn’t displayed by the addon. It also happened to be where I found her for the sixth time. Luckily someone else in the zone had found her and helped me out.

I think it was around here. Follow the blue lightning in the ground up the hill.

2 Likes

I have. I do. I’ve been insulted for trying to help people by even suggesting they download HandyNotes.

Some people just don’t care. They want to login and be fed a pin.

The way you communicate here tells me that there’s a reason they get upset. I’m not surprised.

1 Like

It was nice chatting with you. Enjoy the rest of your morning.

I was playing with a friend a couple of days ago and I got the call over from Tiny while my friend didn’t. However when we went to the location he could see Maelie but he did not get any dialogue from the fairy.