Madseason - Pristine Servers

I don’t think he’s ever made a good video tbh lol

1 Like

Pulling numbers out of your backside really doesn’t help your case mate. There are no numbers on the Y axis.

1 Like

When? When were his videos anything other that complaining about “the good old days” in a monotone voice that makes me want to shove an ice pick in my ears?

1 Like

I used to enjoy his older stuff, you don’t have to agree, but now? He’s just too hardcore a classic andy to take seriously especially once he goes into these bad takes and pushes information without actual substance.

How many times do we need to teach you this lesson old man?

This rule set would clearly not be for you, and you could simply not play it. The game in its current state would remain alongside these servers.

Yet you clicked and commented.

People with more time than me used benchmark population counts present on the plot to count pixels and extrapolate the player count at each peak. Classic brought in 4 million new subs.

:crossed_fingers:t4:

1 Like

That’s inappropriate.

Uh you did… :man_shrugging:

Since the blue post was from 2016… (like I said earlier)

The answers to, “did anything happen with this idea” is that it was applied to classic vanilla and then they went a different direction… as I said before.

Actual lol at “who asked”
You did by making this thread lol.

1 Like

No. I did not. Quote the part where I said “Where can I play Vanilla Classic stuck on P6?”

I used to love his vidoes. But lately, they’re all just repeated complaining about how the game isn’t exactly like it was in 2005.

1 Like

Look I get it’s not the answer you want, but that’s it.

You asked if that idea from the blue post went anywhere.

It went into classic vanilla.
Then they went a different way.
The idea was abandoned.

That’s it. That’s what you asked, and that’s what the answer is.

Idk why you feel the need to fight me on this. It isn’t an opinion. That’s what happened since 2016.

I’m not even stating whether or not I think they should revisit it.

1 Like

So do you now see how “you can play Era” isn’t really the answer, but is instead “they implemented Classic instead and aren’t going to do this in retail”?

I know I could play era. Everyone knows that’s an option. That wasn’t the question.

I still think this can be applied to Retail.

I’d try it!

I’m trying to figure out how it would work. Like a fresh Retail server with those elements disabled? Or, would it just be an opt-into game mode sort of thing, where those things then become disabled, but you get some sort of end game reward?

I think either would work, but the former would be preferable imo

I’d be all for it, personally.

1 Like

No, and nothing is going to happen with this idea. That would fundamentally break those servers, being unable to find groups or interact at all off-server is dead on arrival.

You know there was a time before either of those functionalities. The game wasn’t broken then. It was at its peak.

Does something about retail now absolutely require those?

My first post in this thread explained that if you looked at the evolution of classic, they clearly abandoned that idea since they added tokens and all that.

But classic era doesn’t have those and is still available.

You chose to only reply/quote the part about classic era.