IssueGame client becomes non-responsive after being resized.
DetailsAfter dragging to resize the game client, I can no longer interact with the client with my mouse. Everything else continues to function appropriately. This also affects the client pre-world, e.g. in Character Select.
Non-mouse functionality continues
- Keyboard continues to work (that is I can in fact move around and such via keyboard), I can access the menu (esc), and so on
- People in the world continue doing whatever they’re doing
- Audio still plays
UI stops responding to mouse
- I can no longer move using the mouse
- UI elements no longer respond to my mouse (e.g. buttons do not highlight)
- I cannot interact with the Mac UI components of the window - that is, I cannot resize it further, close it, minimise it, and so on. Interestingly, the Mac UI minimise/maximise/close buttons still highlight during mouseover, despite being non-clickable
- I need to close the game by right-clicking on the dock icon, and select “Quit”
- If I move my mouse in and out of the window, it swaps back and forth to the WoW gauntlet cursor, but if I select a different application’s window then return, it stays the generic Mac mouse cursor.
I can left-click switch between application windows, but that really appears to be all I can do with my mouse.
Steps to reproduce
- Grab a corner of the game window
- Hold down the left mouse button, drag to resize
ExpectationI can continue to resize the window and release at my convenience, and the game continues to function.
What actually happensAcross ~6 attempts, the window stops resizing after about 1-2mm, and becomes non-interactive. During a single attempt, I was able to resize a few inches before the window became non-interactive
- Mac mini 2018
- i7 + 32GB RAM
- Radeon RX 580 eGPU
- Monterey 12.1
There is a potentially related thread in WoW MacOS Support;