MacOS; Cannot Resize Client Window

Same issue with me on my macbook pro. I play on a dell monitor and like to use windowed mode and if I attempt to drag and resize, the game becomes non-interactive. It’s incredibly frustrating.

1 Like

Same issue on my M1 Macbook air as of 2/28. Going to make raiding a PAIN!

1 Like

Same Issue Here MBP M1 Max

• You can also get the game to crash by doing any type of screen resize within the System Preferences.
1 Like

I have the same problem on my Mac 27. as soon as I resize the window, game freezes

1 Like

Same Issue.

Can confirm; just never noticed since my window was already sized where I wanted.

I began having this same issue after the patch yesterday. Can’t adjust window size at all or the client immediately crashes.

See also: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/windowed-mode-resizing-quits-wow/1188554

Came looking to see if anyone else has been having this problem. I’ve noticed it the past few days but it’s not often I have to resize my window.

I’m having the same issue. I’m playing on a MacBook Pro 14, with Apple Silicon / ARM architecture / M1 pro processor. This only started happening after I updated to macOS Monterey v12.3. macOS v12.2 worked fine. But now Windowed mode in 12.3 either crashes completely, or stops responding to my mouse clicks. It’s making the game almost unplayable.

I’m also having the same issue. I just upgraded to a new iMac, M1 chip. The only way I’ve gotten around this issue to go into settings and let the game resize OR use Command + M to make it full screen.

This error is horrible. I have always manually resized, but since 9.2 came out, it makes it completely impossible.

Same exact issue. I literally can’t make my game smaller now. Any update on a fix for this? I have no idea what to do.

A bit less convenient, but you can always go into your game settings and choose a resolution (window size).

Menu > System > Graphics > Window Size

I am still experiencing this same issue.

TBC classic - latest version, all addons disabled
Lastest MacOS version
M1 Max MBP

Same issue on Mac M1. Not ideal, but you can at least adjust the window size to your desired resolution by opening the “config.wtf” file in the WTF folder and changing the “gxWindowedResolution” value to whatever you want.

Same issue… MacBook Air M1 1Tb w/ 16GB RAM

Have had this issue for months - any update bliz?

I’m still getting bit by this issue. How come there as been no fix? Quite annoying tonight.

This belongs in Mac Technical Support, as the issue doesn’t pertain per se to in-game matters.

For anyone still experiencing this issue, I found a very reasonable workaround!

In Graphics options, choose the “Fullscreen” Display Mode. Then, when in full screen, press ⌘M on your keyboard to return to a windowed mode. This version of the window can be resized arbitrarily!

It seems this is broken with the “Windowed” mode specifically, though “Fullscreen (Windowed)” is what you want to be able to resize the window.

4 Likes