Macbook Pro?

planned obsolescence much? hahaha. To the OP I would run WoW on the OS or a more efficient windows emulator or w/e than parallels. Sounds like you’re giving your hard drive an unnecessary work out.

Don’t play games on your work computer.

1 Like

this guy makes an excellent excellent point, you shouldn’t do it

(wow works fine on mac but it does work the cooling fans like mad, some macs aren’t super built for continuous max load, it pays to make sure they have room to breathe (don’t block the airflow))

How else am I supposed to play games at work?

1 Like

yeah I check the AH from work like every day. Sometimes I’ll do a quest or two on a lower level alt.

1 Like

If using a mac, make sure you get a software fan controller and turn it up. If you have an i9 in there, you’ll need to play it in a freezer. Turns out the i7 s outperform the i9 s becauser the i9 thermal throttle constantly

1 Like

The i9 only out performed pre firmware patch. This is estimate to why Apple is making their own CPUs soon though, They need to make GPUs too, AMD is trash.

1 Like

Yup, it’s what I’m playing on.

I figured out how to see the specs and it’s indeed an i9 but what surprised me was the discrete Radeon 560X. Had I known that I wouldn’t have posted this - I thought Macs simply used their own proprietary integrated video chips.

And I have confirmed WoW runs great on this thing. Lost productivity, here I come.