M1 login issue

So ever since the 9.1.5 update I have been getting the following error on my Mac M1 when trying to login to WoW on retail only.

WOW51900312

This error only occurs when I don’t use the launcher (I have two accounts I log into simultaneously, it’s easier to not use the launcher). I tried running on my old Intel Mac and I don’t get the error, so this is only an issue on M1 launching without the launcher. Please fix this, there was no issues until 9.1.5 dropped.

I don’t understand how you break the game more and make it unplayable on M1, did none of these bugs get caught on PTR?

1 Like

Same issue. Since all of Apple’s will soon have the M1 / M2 chips, this will be a huge issue.

I’m able to login fine from my M1 and my intel. It is worth notin that if both have launcher open at same time, one gets booted offline because only one launcher session can exist at a time. Perhaps you can check that?

This is specifically not through the launcher. This is by launching the client right through the app from the installation folder. It’s a preferred way for myself and many others to have multiple clients open. It works on all platforms apart from M1

I’ll try that now. EDIT: Confirmed, M1 Max cannot login through app, only through launcher. I’ll pass it on.

Curious, why not just hit play on launcher more than once for multiple clients? or you need more than 2?

You must have the high end memory! Running the BNET client makes the game hella laggy. Performance is terrible. Run the app direct and loads faster and better performance.

It’s literally convenience and performance wise it does perform slightly better. I have three clients open sometimes =p

1 Like

Can also confirm those of us playing even on M1 the bnet client takes up

• 6.7% of CPU add
  • Battlenet helper x 2 6.7-8.0% of CPU Usage
  • Agent (a battlenet mirror) from .5- 100 if you get any activity of CPU usage
  • then you have the actual wow app 16.1% of CPU usage all this battlenet starts to eat up on your CPU

god forbid you want to watch netflix while you wait to get a queue pop =(

I do not mind using battlenet to help me update my game but not being able to just log on direct to the actual game I play though the actual wow app is a big oversight considering you can do it on windows ,

thank you for passing this along @Omegal

1 Like

Having the same problem on my M1 mini (16GB/1TB SSD).

Yes, I have M1 Max with 64 GB. It runs wow at 120fps on ultra settings with 50% FSR, with bnet open. Thing is a god tier beast and makes even my desktop with 6900XT look bad because it get into cpu bound situations to where it actually has lower fps than MBP despite having a GPU that should still be ahead of 32 M1 GPU cores.

Battle.net being intel instead of universal on top of it’s agents also being intel is a drag and totally didn’t consider that with first gen M1s. About as bad as discord being that way too. Last two apps that I run on regular that need universal binaries asap.

1 Like

oh I wonder how the Pro would be , any experience on those models by chance for WoW?

Did this problem get fixed during today’s maintenance? Can’t test it since I’m not home.

Since maintenance no, but in last few minutes with the new build that just went out, unsure, I’ll test it in a few. From what I can see from data, it looks like new build fixed a bug with ffx effects file, so maybe fixes those user reports of ffxglow not working correctly in 9.1.5?

Checked, new build didn’t fix this one.

Just tried a few moments ago - still unable to log in directly through the client.

Cancelling my subs until this is fixed, breaking things that worked fine a week ago is just plain dumb. Not addressing the issue for over a week since patch drop though? Unacceptable no matter how few people are affected by this.

1 Like

can we please get the app in _retail working again on m1 - the battle.net is a major pain … forcing every trivial update to be downloaded which on hotel/travel internet is just not that great :frowning:

1 Like

So seeing how people are having update issues on macs, how about you guys push this damn issue to the dev team also. Any blue post wanna comment here?

1 Like

As far as experience on the Mac Pro, so far most of the issues reported have been unnoticeable, at least on the 12-core machines and higher with a decent GPU.

1 Like

Thank you, that’s good to know, Now if they only had plans to do boot camp =)

Any word if you know by chance if they are looking to fix this glaring issue, would have been useful to have this working when these things happen to bnet app…

I know just a game =)

Please get this fixed soon. I have been waiting since 9.1.5 dropped. I know us Mac users are a minority, but we definitely still pay subs.