M1 login issue

Same issue here with brand new Macbook Pro M1X.

I get disconnected every time I try to log in.

Still seeing the “WOW51900312” error when trying to login directly from the WoW application. I’m on a Mac Mini M1 with 16GB RAM and never had any issues with login or lag in the game.

Really frustrating that this is still happening. I previously launched WoW straight from the Applications folder and skipped using the Battle.net app, except for downloading updates. Now we seem to only be able to login to WoW from the Battle.net app and keeping that open along with WoW itself hogs resources. Epic Battlegrounds and Korthia will go through periods of the spinning wheel icon and then jumps across the screen.

Given the increasing volume on M1 computers coming from Apple, it would be nice to at least get an acknowledgement that this is being worked on.

Hey all,

We poked some folks about the login issue originally reported in this thread and the devs are working on the issues launching from the World of Warcraft.app file. As mentioned by other players in this thread, the game client should be able to be launched using the Battle.net Desktop Application on M1 macs, it’s just the application file specifically that is giving people grief.

Note: There were some unrelated issues with the app patching the game as well as problems launching with the Battle.net Desktop App. We’ve fixed several of those and are tracking it in another thread.

Attempting to update on an M1 running MacOS Monterey (12.0.1). The update process now crashes immediately in the Battle.net desktop app for both BC Classic and Vanilla Classic.

I’m still not able to log in via any of the workaround methods presented in this group of threads. Been playing on an M1 Air for months now.

How does Blizzard find a way to break something that has worked correctly for literally 17 years?

1 Like

Another maintenance Tuesday behind us and still no relief…

Is this issue even going to get looked at? I can’t imagine this one is a hard one to troubleshoot and fix.

2 Likes

Hello, any update on the matter?
Feels like this is a core issue that isn’t being taken very seriously. The various patches did not fix the issue.
Thank you

Well, since Nov 6th, 1st reported we are 1 month later and still not fixed. This is one of those things that Devs are aware of but is so low in "we need to fix it box " it can be pretty much ignored

This is an ongoing thing where it gives the appearance of slowly getting out of the Mac Gaming support market ,

Right when the new Tech is growing and can truly be a great gaming machine

that and you will see lots of more people swapping to Mac cough Crypto

3 Likes

Man they really couldn’t care less.

2 Likes

6+ weeks and counting. Impressive. But hey it could be worse! You could be Team 17 / Playtonic and not fix a universal bug in the mac version of Yooka-Laylee that prevented you from advancing past the ‘Press Start’ screen using a controller. I don’t know if it ever got fixed, but when they can only find the time to reply to their own posts asking for details every 6 months the players pretty much check out and get a refund.

1 Like

Too many expectations here. They can’t have a working game and make store items or have fun in their office in their own special way. Come on, those darn customers and their need to get what they pay for. Entitled gamers

I still have the problem on my MacBook Air M1.
It works fine sometimes, sometimes it just does not start.
I have reinstalled the game and the Battle.net client and STILL not working this is ridiculous.
Don’t forget that the fact I we are paying for this game and it does not even start.

Yeah it’s pretty sad =( I bet if it was “hey on Mac I can not load-store and buy stuff” would get fixed asap

Any update on the status of resolving this issue? We’re going on two months now.

You can close the Battle.net app after logging in and launching the game client.

Seems fixed in latest patch, provided you manage to get it to install.

1 Like

Confirmed that this is working again. Successfully logged in from the WoW app file on Mac. Thanks for fixing.

wow error m1 mac 51900314 has come back again, when I am launching the app itself and not the battle net app, anyone else having this issue again?