M+ should drop Cosmetics only

Who said that?

It’s the fun content you do primarily to get gear.

But there are people that do it for the challenge. Everything above a 16 is pretty much for score.

1 Like

this is somewhere in the “bad takes of GD” book that someone could write

You mean the main reason people complete content in MMORPGS is for gear?! Thats just crazy talk. /s

/shockedpicachuface

So like the system we have now? Once you get Keystone hero unlocked and push all your 20s, theres no further benefit to loot. Most runs you don’t get any loot, and the loot tables are so huge in M+ that you rarely get the piece you actually want. For example, I just came back to WoW almost a month ago and pushed all 20s or higher on Fort/Tyran and I still have yet to get a pair of boots to complete my mythic level transmog :frowning: Been saving a catalyst for it too.

2 Likes

The whole reason I pushed KSM was for the mount.

Now they have mog tied to KSH and I’m having to do that to get more mog.

This post is continued fallout from another:

Guessing OP didn’t feel their point would be made loud enough being 600th instead of 1st in discussion.

5 Likes

I used to enjoy just doing dungeons for the sake of doing them, running lowbies through them, screwing around with friends while farming in them.

Then they turned dungeons from RPG things into E Sports things and that was it for me. Seat of Triumvirate and every dungeon after it = E sports dungeons.

I think Waycrest Manor was the last dungeon I looked at and went, “yeah, this could’ve been an actual real dungeon if E sports didn’t exist”. The others are so sterile and cookie cutter, literally just a chunk of the leveling zone plopped into an instance lul.

2 Likes

Nobody. I ran CMs every day for most of wod and people did them once for the weapons then never again.

I dont understand why players are adamant about wanting everyone to play the game their way & their way only by hook or by crook.

3 Likes

This again.
M+ needs loot otherwise high level keys will not be possible.

2 Likes

I do it for the challenge… And the gear.

Let’s go wild let’s include LFR not dropping loot either. I mean everyone is there just to see the high end content right? They don’t need loot out of it.

1 Like

I mean lets face it w/ all the drama about loot in LFR this is a net positive for them. No more crying about people looting things and not trading

I would

/20

You think you made an edgy post but you did not. Barely mediocre

OK FINE OP,

W/ your logic, raids shouldn’t drop loot either. Or quests. EVERYTHING IS COSMETIC. No more power gains fantasy. All loot is essentially useless. Fun game man, real fun game.

1 Like

Challenge and gear go hand in hand. You need the gear so you can do the challenges. Right now I am doing 11s and 12s. I could probably push higher on my druid but I need better gear on my priest if I want to push too much higher. I ran normal Abberus and got two minor upgrades. I got 4 upgrades from the same amount of work running Mythic+ and they were more fun.

They basically don’t, most raiders’ gear comes from M+ already, since it rewards gear in such greater quantity than raiding.

M+ can help fill in gaps or get a strong base level of gear, but raids has most of the BIS pieces, especially trinkets, more often than not. Nothing wrong w/ more avenues of gearing regardless, the real challenge should be the content, not being drip fed gear. You’re not even done clearing mythic aberrus, what do you care if the gear is bountiful? Your guild needs more to get over the hump probably, so be thankful.

1 Like

Right that’s why I had to farm up both of my BiS weapons from m+, right?

Crafted gear is sourced from m+ because it drops vast quantities of crests, whereas crests from raids are hard capped (you can’t even hit the weekly cap without doing M+, but you CAN hit the weekly cap doing ONLY m+.

I care because ever since Legion, I’ve seen a steady stream of friends quit the game because Ion tunes the raids around people spamming M+, so spamming M+ is required, and M+ sucks and people hate doing it because it’s turned raiding into a 2nd job, so they quit.

If M+ gear only worked in M+ (like PvP gear works), I wouldn’t care one bit what it drops.

3 Likes