M+ Loot Nerfed Today

Continuing the discussion from The War Within Beta Development Notes:

Update!:

3 Likes

Seemed logical with the changes coming to the Mythic+ vault changes too.
But they fixed Crafted Gear back at 3 levels under max myth track.

3 Likes

What changes?

As far as I can see if you’re an m+ player you’re just gonna wind up waiting your sub out for the single weekly myth track gear piece, irregardless of how many runs you put in.

End of dungeon loot is at the point of negative reinforcement and just trying to force people into mythic raiding which is not going to happen.

Then rework weekly vault and catalyst to not be the primary means of loot for people who even do put in a lot of effort.

1 Like

Best gear drops from the hardest content, no one is forced to do anything.

7 Likes

But wow is an ecosystem.
You that play the hardest content, and your raid team, along with all the other raid teams you depend on the existence of those players.

If they aren’t around then there is no economy and with no economy you’ll have to farm everything, mythic guilds won’t have anyone to buy their heroic runs, etc.

Crapping on the players with such statement is also optional, you don’t have to do that.
I feel the changes on Mythic+ vault were a bad movement, in addition to increase the size of myth track, but I can just be wrong, keep in mind to revisit this maybe at the end of season 1 to see if the results were great.

Then make it drop from a 20 key.

High enough keys are harder than mythic raiding.

This change just screams doubling down on trying to make a bad game mode have engagement by sabotaging the game modes that do have engagement, since not everyone wants to spend weeks social engineering 20+ other people to sit down to navigate the mythic id lockout system.

13 Likes

No, its not and I’m not saying this to devalue mythic plus. It’s just not harder.

4 Likes

It really looks like someone devoted too much devwork into raids and this is how they’re trying to force engagement with raiding so specific people don’t get fired.

They have to troll players into game modes that don’t stand up on their own for good reasons. No, it’s not because of difficulty, that’s straight up gaslighting.

Again, if this were true then the end of dungeon track wouldn’t be in the state it’s in. All they’re doing with this change is telling people to stop playing high keys once you’ve hit the weekly vault wall, which defeats the original design of m+.

2 Likes

Have you done a 20 key this season?

3 Likes

I dont get your complaint here.

Why would people be doing high keys once they hit their weekly vault wall previously?

5 Likes

You know the answer to that already. Stop fishing for detailing to nitpick on in bad faith.

:arrow_forward: To farm for additional pieces of loot, albeit at hero level instead of myth. This change is discouraging that further by making upgrades take more currency, when end of dungeon loot is already knee-capped to be weaker than mythic raid loot.

Ergo, people are gonna run into weekly currency caps more and get steered into weekly vault reliance even further, disincentivizing m+ gameplay.

Once you’ve “done your eight” you have no reason to run anything above a +7 key anymore. No reason to run more 9s or 10s now if you’ve already filled in the m+ row.

2 Likes

What metric are you trying to use here for comparison? Obviously I haven’t done a 20.

M+ loot is fine, especially with the buffs to crafted loot. It’s extra crests, who cares?

They have a pacing they want us to go at for loot and this probably aligns with it. Imo it has nothing to do with mythic raid.

1 Like

If I cant get Mythic gear from M+ I will not play. Its as simple as that.

5 Likes

Mythic Raiders don’t matter and should never be catered to.

11 Likes

So this makes keys level 7-9 the “no one wants to do” levels again. So much for the Mythic+ rework last season to “make every key level meaningful”.

2 Likes

Really gives the vibe they either have disdain for m+ being fun enough to stand up on its own, and/or that someone is afraid of raids not standing up on their own and being fired for it.

My theory is they want m+ to feel weak enough at all costs to make it feel bad on purpose to shunt people over to raiding.

1 Like

Wait, M+ never dropped Myth level pieces those came from the vault this is how it’s always been? All they did was shunt hero 2/6 to hero 1/6?

Yes Malsavir and it capping at 2/6 hero was still bad. Now they just made it even worse.

They should stop worrying and let it go to myth 1/4.

the change is fine, you don’t need myth track gear to get all achievements from m+ besides 0.1% title.

1 Like