M+ Loot needs to be HEAVILY adjusted

I’m gonna start this post off with
A CONDUIT IS NOT GEAR!
I repeat a CONDUIT is NOT GEAR!!!
let alone a conduit for a spec I don’t use.
Seriously, instead of gear, I keep getting conduits for specs I don’t use.
even BFA was better at gear than this, at least if you got an Azerite power instead of gear, you could still possibly use it. I’d even take a conduit for the spec I’m looting for. why are gear drop slots taken up by off spec conduits? I don’t understand.
I literally run an M+ and come out of the run with literally NOTHING to show for it.
and why don’t we get more than 1 piece of gear at the end chest? we beat more than 1 boss, but no, we get ONE freaking item, and it can possibly be a conduit for the spec we’re not even looting for! and you might defend only getting 1 item, fine, but it should at least be something I can use, in the spec I’m in/looting for.
Why is THIS the direction WoW decided to go with this?

And no, I don’t hate the conduit system, or even conduit energy, or any other conduit related gripe I’ve seen, I just want gear instead, or at least, if I do get a conduit, for it to be in my spec.

10 Likes

I think conduits might be separated from the main loot table with their own drop rate. Today i got two Shadow conduits from a single run, it was either Mists or PF idk which.

Idk if the conduits are random without taking loot spec into consideration or if there is no available conduit for your spec in that dungeon, you either get offpsecs or no conduit.

But yeah, i would prefer maxing out every single Holy conduit before getting Disc/Shadow ones. If i want them i would set loot spec to Disc/Shadow, something i have zero intention of. I dont play Disc and i have a separate priest on Shadow spec, so why would i want Shadow loot on this one.

1 Like

Conduits drop in addition to whatever gear you were going to get. They aren’t a replacement.

13 Likes

because you can run m+ until you run out of time or patience

4 Likes

If that’s the case, then I haven’t gotten gear from the last handful of Mythics I’ve ran, and only gotten conduits. and when I have gotten gear before that I didn’t get conduits. they’ve never dropped at the same time for me.
and even if so, and I’m just extremely unlucky, why do I get conduits that aren’t in my loot spec? why is that the direction they went with the system? (I know you probably don’t have the answers, i’m just venting on this post.)

Totally possible.

Also possible.

You can only get each conduit once after all. There’s a finite number.

Conduits have a high drop rate. You’d probably have to get loot in the first couple runs of a particular dungeon to have this happen.

Conduits ignore loot spec.

You mean having them occupy the “bonus loot” category? Probably to avoid the rant your doing.

6 Likes

I agree, they should guarantee loot from M+ and have it be determined by your loot spec. It could be, like, in a vault. That’d be great. A Great Vault, if you will.

6 Likes

They have for me. they do not take up a loot slot.

2 Likes

This is dependent on the key level, I don’t remember the numbers exactly for x key level gives x amount of drops.

But I do know the lower the key level the less loot that drops

You’re right. Conduits are not gear and are not considered loot. Conduits obtained do not count towards your chance for drop. Sounds like you are bitter about a system you don’t know enough about.

5 Likes

Every mythic+ run drops 2 items at the end. Above a +15 you can eventually get more but 2 is the baseline for all keys.

Conduits are additional items on a seperate loot table in addition to the 2 drops the group gets.

Its this terrible expac that has the loot drop chance reduced by a lot, which is pathetic.
Raid loot is also the same garbage.

3 Likes

Loot drops were reduced in early 9.0, but currently they are the same as in BFA.

1 Like

I don’t really understand why we’re only getting 226 conduits from M+ when they should be scaling up to 236.

Yes, I’d like better conduits too.

I like the gearing this season, it seems to be way faster than last season. I only need 4 more items and I got a whole new set of 233 or higher

You have a 20% chance to get an extra piece of loot for every each key level over 15 so it gives value to running those. +18 is 60% chance for 3 pieces of loot… +20 is guaranteed.

Gear is going to be a short term issue for a few weeks because everyone is going to be 236+ and passing on every piece they don’t need.

1 Like

Because the conduit ilvl is the same as the normal raid as a starting point (226) and scales to the maximum of mythic raid (252).

In season 1, conduits started off at ilvl 200 in mythics and scaled to 213 then 226. Coincidentally, the ilvl of normal raid was 200, heroic 213, mythic 226. Unlike the final two bosses per level, conduits did not gain +6 ilvl.

In season 2 conduits start off at ilvl 226 in mythics, and scale to 239 then 252. Coincidentally, the ilvl of normal raid is 226, heroic 239, mythic 252. Unlike the final two bosses per level, conduits do not gain +6 ilvl.

I highly doubt that.
A friend that still raids can confirm that raid loot is still very scarce.

1 Like

Just because friend isn’t getting loot doesn’t mean it’s scarce. Unless I’m gravely mistaken (and I have been before, so please fact check if I’m wrong) the loot formula is not altered now compared to BFA (it was in early 9.0). Raid items have a 20% per player chance to drop, divided collectively among the raid. So a 20 person raid has 400% chance, meaning 4 items will drop. A 16 person raid has a 320% chance, meaning 3 items will drop, and there is a 20% chance that a 4th item will drop.

Raid loot has always ‘seemed’ scarce, because with personal loot the item needs to drop for you and needs to be the right item. It also seems scarce at the start of tiers because most people can’t trade what they get since it is usually a higher ilvl than what they have.

A “Friend’s Experience” versus statistics.

Drop rates the same as BFA in its current state. It was lower in early 9.0, but that was patched.

1 Like