M+ Loot needs to be HEAVILY adjusted

The loot drop chance is the same as BFA but with no bonus rolls which were a huge part of your total loot chances (because they let you target specific bosses).

2 Likes

Oh right, bonus rolls which had inherent bad luck protection. Yeah, I miss those.

1 Like

You’re whining about a loot system that is so good raiders are basically forced to run M+ to gear up?

2 Likes

God I feel ya at the moment I seem to have the worst luck on my toons. I have maxed out Valor that I can even spend as none of my 4 toons have gotten anything worth upgrading. I do 4 - 5 runs to get one drop, that will be in a a lot that isn’t an upgrade. If this is meant to make me want to run more to get the loot it is failing. It’s making me want to run less and just do 1 a week for vault.

2 Likes

bumping this old thread, because the last 10 mythics, i’ve gotten 1 piece of gear, a couple anima things, some gold, and in the last Mythic I JUST ran (a HOA) I literally got NOTHING. no gold, no anima, no gear, no conduits, NOTHING. I opened the chest and the pop up was just blank. checked my inventory, and NOTHING.

1 Like

Great, and in those 10 runs, 20 pieces of gear were distributed amongst the various groups you were a part of. 2/5 players will get a drop which is 40% in addition to your weekly vault.

1 Like

Gear is always a short-term problem. I did 40 timed M+ keys back-to-back and on-top of raid loot the only stuff I can really get for upgrades is from the vault. So it’ll be just like last season where we max iLvl in 2-3 months and spend the next 3-4 months after waiting for the next patch.

I guess im not the only one getting Anima, 7 Straight runs getting anima, the past 20 to 25 M+ getting Anima and useless drops. This game does not feel rewarding anymore (ITS FRUSTRATING), imagine investing 7 hours of gameplay to get some Anima that is USELESSSS. not even Lineage 2 felt like this where you had to grind for days to get a piece of gear crafted. Yeah we got Vault, only to get the WORST Trinket in the game and a couple of piece of gear with no usefull stats for my spec.

2 Likes

You’re getting useless drops because you’re running 7 and 8 keys which drop lower ilvl loot than what you already have. You’ve done less than a dozen 10+ keys in the whole patch, what do you expect?

3 Likes

way to pick and choose what to reply to out of my entire comment.
You can make any argument look correct if you only reply to specific parts.
and that’s exactly what i’m saying, why should only certain people get loot? they need to guarantee gear drops for EVERYONE in the group.

What?

WoW is an mmorpg. Loot is and has been RNG. There is no personal loot guarantee from end of dungeon runs, going back almost 20 years now. You did not get loot, but two other people did. Timed or not. Be grateful you have a guaranteed drop from the vault. If you’re pushing at all, its practically guarenteed upgrades for a while.

1 Like

no, I absolutely won’t just “be grateful”, that’s a trashass excuse of a defense.
the loot system NEEDS an overhaul. PERIOD.

There’s you; someone who barely does the content and expects to get loot quickly.

Then there’s me; someone who plays the content and is already maxed out with 233/236 and can only get upgrades from the vault.

Sounds like the system rewards players who play the game and pushes challenging content.

4 Likes

you’ve run a single key in the last week, and it was a 4. what kind of upgrades were you expecting?

1 Like

No they did in fact nerf raid drop rates in this expansion

1 Like

and then reverted that nerf because people complained about how awful it was

They did in 9.0, but it was hotfixed to match the drop rate of BFA.

I have spent upwards of 9 hours in DoS groups this week and only received 1 item, which wasn’t an upgrade. 6 hours in raid killing 8 bosses and also only 1 item, which wasn’t an upgrade. This whole expansion has felt like an unrewarding time suck.

1 Like

According to Raider. io you have… 60 +15 timed runs in this season and not counting any untimed runs -if any. You can’t call yourself someone who “plays the content”, you’re literally someone who lives their whole life in wow.

It’s true, that I have spent a lot of time running keys. However, there are plenty of others who have much less play time than me that are also equally geared. You have to remember that I obtained most of my gear much earlier on. Not at the 60 key mark. I probably stopped getting gear around the 30 keys completed.