M+ is killing WoW

This definitely isn’t true. The rework with this expac was the first one ever.

The tier 3 crafts say hello.

Do you have a source for this claim, like some verifiable data to show the game was going to die without M+?

5 Likes

Yeah but then you list blood furnace.

That’s gotta be one of the most boring dungeons of all time. It’s just red with orcs and imps.

4 Likes

I love that dungeon, it felt very Warcraft to me. The mechanics are boring and trivial by today’s standards.

2 Likes

Sure, I’ll link it right after you link your verifiable data on how m+ is killing wow.

I also never said wow would die without it, only that the game wouldn’t be going as strong as it is now. No, I can’t verify that outside of basic common sense.

1 Like

It’s still the best MMO entertainment on offer, although FFIVX is an alternative of sorts.

Your hypothesis that M+ is the sole culprit, doesn’t seem to hold up. When Blizz was independent and laser-focused on WoW (Vanilla to Wrath), they were at their peak in terms of creative design and capacity to build that design. What happened after Wrath? Oh wait, Activision bought out Blizzard and became ActivisionBlizzard in 2008. Now you have a business focused on profit and maximizing efficiency. The creative talent all took their golden parachutes and bailed out. I believe the guys running the show now really are doing their best, but they do not have the creative freedom that the original team from 2004-2008 had… they are under schedule/delivery deadlines and are asked to cut costs at every quarter, because it’s all about profit margin for ActiBlizz. The CEO could not care less about the games and the gamers, it’s only about what will earn more money for his stock options and for other shareholders.

That’s much more likely why we get “recycled old dungeons” as part of the current seasonal offering. M+ is very popular (15M participation as recorded in Raider IO Leaderboards and Blizzard’s own poll), so it’s not going away.

Thinking that M+ is the problem suggests you just don’t like it and anything you don’t like is a drain on dev resources that should go away. I don’t like PvP (since WoD), but I’m not naïve enough to suggest that one of the three pillars of end-content should just be deleted. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Bad (probably troll) take, and fortunately, nothing will happen because you don’t like some very popular content. M+ is not the root of whatever issue you actually have with wow.

Have a source for this claim as well?

All the rumors have pointed that DF sold horribly. Sounds like M+ isn’t having the impact that you think it is.

5 Likes

Its funny that you ask for sources when you have none and then reference rumors.

You are here saying “I don’t like m+ therefor its killing the game”

M+ is incredibly popular.

2 Likes

Where did I say it was killing the game?

2 Likes

raiding was killing the game before keys were around idk some of you seem to be confused. i still think outdated raids are killing the game.

1 Like

Oh, you are right, apologies. I got mixed up and thought you were the OP of this thread. (Which is titled M+ is killing WoW)

Regardless, I disagree with your opinions about m+ and how the game would be better off without it.

1 Like

The part of the game that I don’t like is what’s killing it.

2 Likes

I’m not for removing M+, I just would like to see reward cosmetics only, or have it’s own gear like PVP.

2 Likes

My complaint about M+ is that it should absolutely be a minimum of 12 dungeons per season. 8 is not enough.

I want MORE and everyone should demand MORE

1 Like

Mmmm idk I think 8 is fine per season.
Getting a fort score and tyran score for each of the 8 dungeons is enough imo. That’s 16 scores total. Increasing it to 24 seems like a lot.

Now having 10-12 dungeons per expansion is another story. We’re on track to do 8 + 2 from mega dungeon. I could see them adding another 1-2 towards the end of an xpac would be cool to bring us to 12 total for an xpac.

Dungeons are probably the best form of endgame and deserve to be expanded on. :dracthyr_heart:

3 Likes

this is a horrible take. the implementation of mythic+ and blizzards attentiveness to tuning has been fantastic this expansion. the timing of the mega dungeon is perfect and it’s current level of challenge feels great, even with current gear levels. the dungeons from vanilla to cataclysm were trash with minimal mechanics or challenge. the game is completely different now and it is silly to compare it to pre-mop.

I would be thrilled to death to run dungeons for 24 seperate scores in fort/tryan

Theres so many good dungeons in the game, it sucks that theres a lot of very very good dungeons from previous expansions that could be remastered for M+ specifically but we’re stuck with 4 dungeons out of over 100 to choose from!

I actually had a shower thought about this.

What if they would release 3 versions of M+? One that is like the traditional timer and shorter dungeons, and then what if they would add a seperate game mode where the other dungeons are the mega dungeons and there’s no timer?

Then we could be looking at 16 dungeons per season, which is where it SHOULD be!!!

Are we really going to try and argue expansions like Cata/MoP/WoD had more dungeons than Legion and beyond? Cata I believe is rocking 12 dungeons with a BUNCH of remakes in that pool. MoP has even less on both fronts. WoD is just small in general and has like 7 WITH the UBRS revamp included.

Meanwhile each M+ expansion has had at least 10 and all had much more longevity in the expansion since literally no one touched launch Cata dungeons post launch if they remotely raided. They didn’t offer anything besides badges that were used for maybe normal IL off pieces like bracers.

1 Like