M+ is killing WoW

Every week you see people crying and clamoring for more content, all the while ignoring the elephant in the room: mythic+.

If devs weren’t wasting all of their time constantly rebalancing the same 8 dungeons every single week for different affixes and class compositions, we could actually have new dungeons being worked on.

People defend m+ for giving them new challenges and things to do, but do not understand that it is this lackluster content that allows blizzard to excuse themselves from putting out proper new content.

Dawn of the Infinites, a single new mega-dungeon for the entirety of the expansion, which will undoubtedly be broken up and completely retuned and balanced into 2 smaller m+ dungeons. what a waste. Look at WoW from vanilla to cataclysm. Look at the plethora of dungeons released during those expansions. A dozen or more to choose from at the start, with SEVERAL mid-expansion dungeons released at once.

Why are we accepting so much less now? Why are we allowing m+ to take away proper development and content creation?

217 Likes

Have we been playing the same game? It was like two months into the season before they did any tuning to the dungeons.

30 Likes

Herbalism is killing WoW. I can’t believe they allow this garbage content to pilfer from the amazing other stuff that could be made were it not for this garbage Herbalism.

HOW MANY RESKINS OF THE SAME HERBS DO WE REALLY NEED

85 Likes

M+ balancing passes don’t happen that frequently, though.

I might be missing a date, but the only two recent tuning passes were June 30th and May 8th.

And these are, like, numerical adjustments, not reworks and redesigns.

Because the dungeons that we do get are better and more mechanically interesting, and the M+ system itself is more engaging and rewarding.

Because I subscribe to play M+.

33 Likes

I mean, you’re not wrong. they redo crafting every expansion, changing the materials needed to whatever 3 re-skinned materials will be in the expansion. why do old materials no longer serve a purpose outside of the expansion they were released in? could continue the same materials and just require higher crafting levels to make the newer items. maybe throw in a single expansion specific reagent for some of the strongest items.

7 Likes

Dawn of the Infinites is a single new mega-dungeon for this patch, not all of Dragonflight. We only have the road map for the rest of the year, who knows what else they’ll be tossing at us. And so far they’ve been giving us a fair bit each patch. And this isn’t even 10.2 it’s 10.1.5.

And a lot of people do M+ I would say it’s almost carrying WoW, not killing it. And I don’t even do M+ myself.

23 Likes

I love running dungeons. Since Legion, I can keep doing dungeons the whole expansion as relevant content, not just queue to braindead heroics when call to arms is up for tanks, because I plateau’d on gear, like during WoD .

I’m fairly certain there’s other people on the same boat.

12 Likes

I think that’s a very important point.

I’d rather have 8 dungeons that are always relevant than 12 dungeons that don’t matter once we get to the first major patch.

9 Likes

It’s not even Sunday. :\

Where’s the respect for Sunday?

3 Likes

No Sunday, Only eternal hatred.

1 Like

The people changing tuning numbers and the people building the dungeon and raid assets themselves (the actual time intensive part) aren’t the same people.

10 Likes

The devs that handle tuning aren’t going to be the ones who are working on getting the new content out the door.

Also, I’d go so far to say M+ let WoW cling on by it’s fingernails when it was at its lowest last year. Is it perfect? No. Are there bad synergies with other game modes? Absolutely. What it is not doing it destroying the game. Actually think the problems with M+ (and I am not talking about the past 20 bracket) are just highlights of problems we’ve had in this game forever.

Anyone else remember the forum essays about pvp/raids killing raiding/pvping because of gear itemization? Yeah, still haven’t found a solution to that. Maybe there just isn’t one that is satisfactory.

4 Likes

Game is in maintenance mode basically.

4 Likes

M+ is the only reason many of us continue to play the game. Without M+ you would go back to raid logging.

They could make new dungeons, but for what? They would become completely irrelevant after 3 weeks of launch. That’s what happened every expansion and patch before M+.

At least with M+ we get to experience old world content instead of it dying after the next patch or expansion comes out.

10 Likes

If this is what a maintenance mode patch cycle looks like…sign me up.

7 Likes

For real, DF pacing has been very strong.

If it has 4 raid tiers it may be the best paced ever (that belongs to Legion and BFA).

8 Likes

On the contrary, m plus saved wow.

Single best thing added to the game.

13 Likes

Rakia, you genuinely perplex me.

How can this game be in maintenance mode when its expansions and content updates are larger than pretty much every competitor?

I understand you dislike the game (and probably ought to unsubscribe), but surely you don’t believe the nonsense you’re claiming.

10 Likes

How did M+ save WoW?

3 Likes

Cmon if ye gonna post something this stupid atleast do it on a sunday.

2 Likes