M+ IO is so bloated

I got back to wow after approx maybe 1 or 1 and half year.

I came to the general chat. I saw some players who are 3k IO. These same players were farming mats in season 2 in green gear. Never achieved any M+ accolades. YOu can look at their raider IO if you dont believe me !

I was surprised when i saw them. I am like what is happening. I went on to M+ - in 8 to 10 days. I am 2500 IO ?!?!

My IO Is so bloated. Dont believe me, I was in AD +18 key, the team all 2500+ IO. They did not know how to kill the totem ! These guys have downed M bosses !

2500+ DPS will go the entire key without landing a single interrupt.

They have made M+ way to easy. This is good, they need to bring down the Elites who think 3000 or 3500 IO is an Elite Achievement but man they dropped the learning curve really hard.

Literally 0 punishment for any mistakes. The team who did not kill the totem and wiped on second boss on AD +18 managed to time it +1.

Players are queing WM +18 but do not know the route to Boss down. They are asking me why are you doing round and round and picking adds and killing before going to Piggy boss !

And they were not exceptional dps either. I am a good tank, i dont die. Land int, cc, Pritize targets, move them. I do all that jazz ! I only que for levels that I can time but right now there is no difference between a 1200 IO and 2500 IO.

I am waiting for the game to reach 99999 IO. That is the DPS i want !

Not sure how this change will happen but soon people will start seeing that this IO needs adjustment !

1 Like

This post is bloated IMO…

And peoples fascination with other peeps IO is interesting

28 Likes

No it is not.

1 Like

You’re right, afflicted sucks. Get rid of it.

3 Likes

Disagree, play a healer and you will realize, oh, those bad groups get good scores by lucking into healers that heal like it’s a 26 in an 18. And that is why nobody wants to heal 18s, because they could be doing 26 for a more enjoyable experience with more rewards.

There are punishments but the wrong person is getting them, the healer. Maybe find some way to punish mistakes besides chunking off 80% of a person’s hp, blizz.

26 Likes

That’s a lot of words to say someone bought runs.

6 Likes

Hidden profile account

4 Likes

I’m glad I played a healer this tier so I could really learn the fights. Feels good.

I’m not glad I played a healer because this is exactly true. More often than not you’re breaking your back for the group and nobody gives a crap. When you get a group of solid players it’s awesome. When you get crap like Afflicted and you join a zero-affix-handling team, it’s absolute crap.

I don’t even blame the team for playing what they want. I blame crap design by Blizzard. Healer really shouldn’t be this hard.

4 Likes

Undispellable debuffs that reduce haste or dmg if you eat an ability

Rip dmg

8 Likes

That’s all that needs to be said here.

2 Likes

Can confirm. I have 4 or 5 characters between 2.5 and 3k io and I regularly get a mechanic confused. Like the other week I was not pug healing on my fistweaver because I thought sanguine was bursting for some reason and didnt want to deal with pugs trying to blow me up repeatedly.

To be fair with the ease of access of gear 18s is about the point where stuff takes long enough to kill where you have to actually do the mechanics.

If the tank and healer can survive I can normally do enough dps on my hunter or paladin to carry the other two dps. The Totem boss in atal would be an annoying one.

I wont start a Tide on Afflicted unless there is at least one additional dispel in the group.
That 2 flameshocks and 2 afflicted is brutal.

If you are maining a paladin you should have that mouse over ready to save the day and never have to worry about afflicted nerfing your damage with an undispellable debuff

Blizz could start by adding actual timers to the dungeons.

I tank keys on a dk. This was my main but is mostly a forum poster now.

But the reason for lack of dispel in my comment is to make accountability.

Healers bail out everyone. Ppl need to learn ya know?

I don’t know why some (forum) healers feel so adverse to healing their group even if they make mistakes.

Like…healing your group is your primary directive.

2 Likes

You don’t need to actually be good to get score the reality is if you can find 4 other people to play the game with you will instantly climb. There’s also the fact that you can play a fotm reroll spec and get rewarded for putting in zero effort. Pugs will take Spriests / Fmage / Ret over every other spec even if they’re lower IO and they do literally tank damage in every single key because fotm players are terrible lol.

The community is extremely fried and got sent into an absolutely unacceptable state of people thinking you can’t play the game anymore without a meta comp because blizzard just allowed S3 / S4 of shadowlands to happen with destro / surv hunter then letting the god comp go the entirety of S2 DF. Now even the casual playerbase is conditioned to be meta exclusive clowns.

Well yeah.

What’s also your primary directive is being the blame point for any “healable” death mistakes. Never mind the fact your dispel is on cooldown, or you can’t interrupt that volley, or your shield has been used constantly, or your burst AoE heal was followed by some other random mass AoE damage ability, or you can’t mitigate something, or your GCD’s are being prioritized in chaotic ways, etc etc.

Players will gladly point fingers at you before they’re willing to look inwards. Same with tank “mistakes”.

I’ve healed hundreds of keys in DF and I think I had someone complain about my lack of healing maybe…once?

If healers are getting that feedback frequently maybe…

And I’m a just a standard rat league player.

I also rarely see it when tanking or dpsing on my alts. I do remember one specific case tanking the first boss of BH and the healer being asked to dispel multiple times and him just not doing it.

There seems to be this insinuation that a healer can’t possibly be bad.

1 Like

I mean same here. But when I was going through the ranks? All the time I’d get called out.

What I realized is I had to preemptive every mechanic. All while the DPS players can be as reactive as they want. So not only are you as a healer understanding all of the potential outcomes through and through, you’re also expected to handle any mistake another player makes.

It can be pretty exhausting after the third run of the day.

3 Likes

Dps that aren’t proactive eventually just get 1 shot and it doesn’t matter.

I know that doesn’t apply to the middling key ranges.