M+ in retail, did everyone just lose interest?

Not sure why. What do you guys think?

Are they just pumped for beta without affix’s?

Are they just tired of the same old affix’s on retail?

Even viewers on streams are down for the top pushers.

1 Like

I never liked it, and now that I’m geared, I have no reason to do it. :man_shrugging:

I don’t care for the competitive side of WoW.

16 Likes

For the clique I run with interest sure has dwindled.

Mostly just a 15 and done, moderate interest in the time every 15 achievement.

1 Like

I am equally pumped as I have always been about M+.

I think you are just seeing the pre-x-pack slow down in general.

6 Likes

I love it, just you can only run the same small batch of dungeons with the same affixes for so long…

5 Likes

I play WoW mostly for power progression. Most of power progression is gear. I got all the gear I wanted months ago. I’m not going to spam Mythic+ for no reason for months and months after reaching all of my goals.

I’m just playing other stuff while waiting.

1 Like

This week has bee crazy for keys. Group finder is packed.

It’s the last best push week so I expect a massive decline after this, but it certainly hasn’t happened this week

4 Likes

M+ is lackluster content to say the least. I log on my main and do my 15 every week and I’m done.

It’s playing luck of the draw in hoping you get the least annoying batch of affixes as humanly possible to make the run less tedious or needlessly difficult as you can.

There’s zero flavor there, sure every dungeon pans out differently. But the same affixes every patch homogenizes each instance & and they all blend together in this un-fun mush that’s either:

• stand out of stuff (volcanic, sanguine, quaking)

• kill mobs faster (necrotic, raging, explosive)

• don’t kill mobs that fast because we’re gonna die (bolstering, bursting… etc)

9 Likes

Mythic+ is still widely enjoyed by many players, it’s one of the best pieces of content added in recent history and has an insanely great amount of replayability.

8 Likes

I don’t know about “everyone”, but certainly I lost interest.

I did M+ mostly in early 8.2, and it was fast and easy gear, but turned out not to be fun content. I gave up on it once Benthic was clearly the path to gearing for raiding.

I came back well into 8.3, and decided to gear in raiding, supplemented by world PVP but not by M+. The gearing was almost as fast and a lot more fun. As a result, I basically don’t do M+ other than to carry guildies any more.

1 Like

I wouldnt mind M+ as much if BFA’s dungeons werent a snoozefest. I dont like a single one of them.

2 Likes

I think lots of people are losing interest in retail in general, which is completely normal at this stage of the expansion. I barely log into retail these days. Until the shadowlands pre-patch comes I doubt that will change.

2 Likes

The fact there’s no rewards over 15 sucks. They should had kept some kind of competitive reward, even something as simple as titles for holding they highest key of a specific dungeons (no, a handful of titles aren’t worth a raid tier of development time.)

People are just hella burnt out of BFA in general anyway.

1 Like

I don’t like bursting, tyrannical, and necrotic. This week is bursting, and next week is necrotic. No thanks chief.

1 Like

It might have something to do with a new expac only being like 3 months out :man_shrugging:

Lately I just run one +15 on 2 characters, and that’s it. If you are already geared the value of doing lots of M+ falls off dramatically, there is a point of “diminishing returns” on gear where most of the gear you get from M+ just gets vendored or DE’ed.

Everyone’s gear will “reset” to 0 once Shadowlands hits anyways, so it’s kinda pointless to grind lots of M+ at the moment.

Most of my friend’s list is just chillin or leveling alts.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t understand why Blizzards view point of adding annoying things to the game = fun. I don’t enjoy Tyrannical Heartsbane Triad in Waycrest manor, I don’t enjoy the wyrms in Uldum & Vale slowing my flight speed when I’m cruising, it’s just not the way to go.

I would be more apt in running M+ for fun if they would have at least ONE positive affix.

Maybe every 10th spell or ability you cast casts a chain lightning or some other flashy AoE.

Maybe you have the choice of picking a highly desirable spell from another class that currently no one in the party is playing as, like Mass grip from Blood dk’s or shroud of concealment.

Of course I’m just spit balling here, and I’m quite happy with the Bwonsamdi & nyolotha affix. I just wish blizzard would explore a balance of negatives and positives instead of making dungeons as annoying as possible causing groups to cheese them to begin with.

1 Like

A lot of people who used to do them in legion decided not to in BfA.

They think players don’t know what they want and can’t figure out for themselves when they’re having fun and when they aren’t.

They think players have been spoiled by quality of life improvements like flight, like heirlooms. And if they can’t take one away all at once because lots of people quit, they can take them away incrementally until they really no longer exist.

They think we can be conditioned to accept more and greater annoyances until we accept that pointless annoyances are the fun and engaging challenges that only a small number of masochists currently consider them.

They know that adding annoyances into the game is cheaper than designing fun and engaging content.

1 Like

It’s just kinda boring pve tings. Not a lot of variables makes gameplay stale especially from a viewers point of view. That’s why watching overwatch is terrible. Fun to play but boring af to watch.

1 Like

Definitely not. This is the best week on the calendar and LFG is infested with keys to push.

This. I run M+ on multiple alts every week … right up until the announcement of the next big content. I don’t know why – maybe it’s because that gives some finality to the current xpac, like is there any real reason to grind out new gear on my sixth alt that I now know I’ll never raid with, with the next xpac on the horizon?

I’m still doing a 15 on my main and maybe a couple of other low-key runs on some alts I’m just messing around with, but six weeks ago I was running 40-50 a week. I did the same thing in Legion leading up to BfA, too.