M+ in retail, did everyone just lose interest?

I honestly hate M+, I’m glad it’s there for people that enjoy it but I’m staying away from that timed bs as much as possible.

2 Likes

Could never get into it literally. Make groups no one joins try to join groups get declined. You have to have experience to get into groups and it puts you in a loop where you never get that experience because you never get to do it. And at this point I don’t care if I ever get to do it. Stuff is stupid honestly. All I ever seen is people making fun of people who can’t do it while refusing to extend the olive branch. Well enjoy your boys tree house club. I’m gonna go back to reality.

4 Likes

BFA dungeons aren’t fun. Legion M+ was much better.

2 Likes

I believe visions took a bite out of it. As well as 8.3 being, well, a very poorly received patch. It didn’t have a lot of excitement going into it and the ending of the raid was very lackluster. Now you may think “Well those aren’t necessarily related to M+” and you’d be right, but the environment of the game as a whole does have an effect on M+. There are less active, interested players on right now due to 8.3 and just being the end of expansion drought in general.

M+ is boring. I don’t care what the M+ apologists say! Hopefully people are now starting to figure that out.

Bursting week and healers on strike.

1 Like

Hate mythic+ now. I wanted the mount and got as far as 8 of the 12 dungeons timing 15s, then just can’t bring myself to step foot in those dumps, again.

All i do now is log in on a few characters and wait 2 hours for a rare to spawn for a .3% mount drop and log off.

Repeating the same content over and over and over reminds me of Pac-Man. Same level, just a level harder.

Gets old after 30 minutes.

Great content Blizz.

It’s end of xpac, so it doesn’t really matter all that much, and I suspect a surprisingly large number of people were doing it despite not liking it at all because it’s the best source of gear. Combine those and the only ones left doing M+ are hardcore pushers and those who otherwise immensely enjoy it.

I think it’s fine and to be expected that M+ participation naturally decreases as we approach the end of an expac.

The M+ system is far from perfect and there multiple areas in which it can be improved, but it’s still quite successful and definitely an improvement over dungeons just going completely obsolete in the first 3-4 weeks of a new expansion.

I think it would be very cool if we had a complete new set of dungeons to run mid expansion, or maybe some massive event happens in the world and they all get significantly altered (like complete new mechanics and different trash too, even new routes opening perhaps).

End of expansion content drought… M+ is a wildly popular and successful addition to the game. Period.

I did enough Mythic+ in Legion to know it isn’t a system for me. I just find it really boring, with artificial difficulty added on. If I’m going to throw myself at the same content over and over for a mere slim chance of a reward, I’d rather just Raid.

I tried it again in BfA, and my opinion has remained the same. I am glad others enjoy it, and it makes the game fun for them!

:four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

M+ apologists…??

you mean… people that enjoy M+?

I don’t understand this rationale lol why does M+ need apologizing for? It’s very popular.

Highest gear dropped stops at i465 for a 15 and the 475 in your weekly chest is too random… at best a 1% upgrade (that you are going to replace very soon with quest gear), at worst a completely disappointing piece of vendor trash (for many players).

Unless you are a new/returning player, gearing an alt, e-peening, or have a very high tolerance for grinding the same content over-and-over for no reward I’m not sure why players would still be doing them this late in an expac

3 Likes

Quit prior 8.1 came back 3 months ago and am absolutely loving it, esp the nutty levels of haste in big pulls

It’s the end of the expansion, the final MDI for BFA is over. There’s effectively no reason to even be playing right now as all your progress will be reset in 2-3 months.

I think if it was 8.2 people would still be playing.

1 Like

I never cared for mythic+ at all. I enjoy taking my time and experiencing the content, not race thru it and skip as much as possible.

I mean, there’s not a whole lot of excitement or magic left in this expansion. People are done for now. Shadowlands is a few months away and that’s where all the interest is pointed now. My own guild has trouble throwing together M+ some weeks because everybody has something else more interesting to do.

In short, this is to be expected at the end of a very disappointing expansion.

Same deal here.

I’m super hyped about getting a weekly chest without M+ in SL.

1 Like

Yes! I’m more interested in being able to try my hand at different content for rewards, rather than the treadmill system currently in place.

While a controversial opinion, I also enjoyed that BfA gave players so many options to get good gear without limiting it so much as it has in the past.

:four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

High participation doesn’t make something popular. World Quests have high participation and that content is dull as dirt too.