M+ Healers!

So I was gonna complain about how resto shaman need some love and then I decided to check raider io data. Not surprised but here are class breakdown of the top 200 mythic healers …

Majority are druids and evokers
Some pali and priests
One shaman
Zero monks

Numbers and stats don’t lie, Blizz pls buff resto sham and mist monks

26 Likes

I think Pallies need a buff too. I’ve brough pally healers, but typically dont have as easy of a time in a dungeon as I do with Priests and Druids. I like evoker, but comp dictates if I bring one, also group needs to be aware of positioning more with them which can be frustrating.

7 Likes

I dabbled in my resto shaman for about a week back in December. For whatever reason I just love resto shaman.

It felt bad. Real bad. There’s really no denying they’re in a bad way. Can they complete content, sure? But not without a whole lot of pain.

4 Likes

I saw a graph somewhere that said resto sham was the 3rd highest throughput healer in the game right now. not sure why it has such a bad rap if thats true TBH

2 Likes

I’m coming from holy Paladin, so that is DEFINITELY a factor, but resto shaman just feels like their numbers are off.

Things that should feel like they will be big heals just… don’t. I still love all the utility and tossing meatballs, but (and this is just me) it feels like their numbers need to be tuned up.

The feel is there and it is an amazing entry level healer. Just give ‘em some juice.

2 Likes

Top rated M+ healers are rdruid and prevoker because they have the correct abilities for controlling large groups of enemies that need to be interrupted. Like 99.999999% of the damage going out in these dungeons is avoidable. If you have a comp that can avoid the damage, the healer can always be damaging. Prevoker has a 20x120 root, knock up, knock back. rdruid has many extremely powerful CDs and can heal at full power while kiting. The trick to these dungeons is to play them properly. If you have anything to heal, you are not playing them properly.

6 Likes

hpal doesn’t need a buff, they’re just hard to play. The difference between a good hpal and a average one is night and day.

9 Likes

Are we playing the same dungeons? That seems… high.

16 Likes

The difference between a comp not using CCs and a comp using CCs is the difference between having to heal tens of millions of damage and not having to heal at all. If a dungeon is short and clean, I will have more damage than heals, and I only do like 750k damage with my smite spam. If a dungeon is long and arduous and miserable I typically have to heal at least some tens of millions of damage.

4 Likes

Slightly exaggerated but mostly true in top-end groups pushing the highest keys.

The VAST VAST VAST majority of players will basically use interrupts and maybe a CC of some kind if their interrupt is on CD for a cast they know is important, and the result is still a ton of groupwide aoe happening in most dungeons.

Top End groups will also be deleting packs more efficiently than the average group, so their short term CC gets more bang for the buck.

Point being, it’s advice that makes sense to someone playing at, you know, 95th percentile of M+ runs, not everyone else. It’s not anywhere close to accurate for a typical run.

1 Like

I hear ya man, but when I can clear a +11 with a priest and unable to with a shaman who’s higher ilvl then something isn’t right

7 Likes

Yeah the night and day difference, of healers is sorta sad, my shammy heals I have to work 3x harder then my druid heals in mythic plus… I mean I can do it but damn

1 Like

Now go back to previous seasons and do the same count.

I have a feeling the top 100 mythic healers is always going to be incredibly lopsided. You can’t be top 100 of anything on earth without taking advantage of every edge you can.

7 Likes

40% of keys 20+ have prot warrior for tank and resto druid for healer. Blizz is doing a pretty bad job with M+ balance this season.

9 Likes

Yes your right … no druids in the tank category lol

Druids have the best healing throughput in the game, second only to evokers. Maybe.

That simple fact will always make them more valuable than any other healer in content where utility is less important than raw numbers.

2 Likes

I usually leave a Mythic Keystone group if there’s not a Restoration Druid or Holy Priest as the healer.

1 Like

So I’m a casual scrub who hasn’t even sniffed a +15 key, much less actual high keys. I don’t know what a +24 is like.

But I can’t square my experience doing dungeons where trash like RLP 3rd boss has uninterruptible, CC immune AOE damage spells. Or Nokhud 2nd boss totems. Or many different boss mechanics that do AOE damage. It feels to me like nowhere near 99% of damage is avoidable, much less “99.999999%”, either with interrupts or with stops.

What am I missing?

10 Likes

So do we rememer legion era? where Rdruid was amazing in keys keys but trash for raid?
thats kinda whats happening rn Rshammy and MW are great in raid but to buff their m+ would buff their raid and vice versa for rdruid.
evokers of course are busted rn due to new class. but yeah if they buff monk and shammy they would have to buff raid rdruid

And thats frustrating because I thought with the new talent system we were supposed to be able to adjust our talents based on the content we’re playing. But obviously the imbalance is still there.

2 Likes