M+ changes in DF are bad

Glad there are people over in the community forum saying so-ish. But the post has been up for days and it has a lackluster amount of input for the amount of people that do mythic+.

Getting rid of inspiring and necrotic. Getting rid of the only real tank affix but leaving grievous.

Needing a +19 for max EOD ilvl.

Scaling increased by an additional 2% after an 11.

Talking about removing borrowed power seasonal affixes.

I get it you want us to raid but i’m not going to. What I am going to do is think about not buying your product and paying you every month.

41 Likes

Yeah, I cant think of an example where making the game harder has actually mad the game better…

But Blizz is gonna Blizz

32 Likes

Inspiring was obnoxious but necrotic was perfectly fine…and I’m saying this as a Druid tank that doesn’t play kyrian, so I have the least amount of tools to deal with necrotic of any tank.

What needs to go:
Sanguine
Quaking
Spiteful
Storming (if they keep making bosses like medivh where moving literally wipes the group).

4 Likes

Bolstering/fortified weeks need to take a hike.

15 Likes

Thundering has gotta go.

We get it, they hate melee… and so for the first time ever, I will most likely be maining a ranged class

13 Likes

it’s ok if not everyone is able to get max EoD ilvl. it’s ok if not everyone is able to get max ilvl from the vault.

the loot changes are largely good, imo. It’s bringing m+ more in line with other end game activities as far as gear rewards/difficulty go.

17 Likes

Inspiring was bad design. Too many people complained about necrotic even though I personally didn’t think it was that bad. I would’ve rather they removed sanguine over necrotic.

Yup bad change

Yup bad change

Yup bad change

4 Likes

I think Pokémon games would be better if they were more challenging or had a hard mode.

6 Likes

Its a +20 for the max level for loot, I think. The health and damage % is also increased. So at a +20 in SL the health and damage % is at 300% but in DF it goes from 300% → 380%. I am wondering how things will pan out for them.

3 Likes

I’m expecting full on forum uproar. I’m going to focus on PvP and am pretty excited for the prepatch

5 Likes

Everyone likes to say m+ is easy and they are right it is, at the end of the season when people are pugging half way through a mythic raid with relative ease and you can smash heroics in a few hours. A +20 will be harder than a heroic boss any day of the week.

EOD is +19 vault is +20. And lets be honest, most of your gear is going to be EOD not vault gear. And my guess is its not going to be good. I’m demotivated from even playing now just looking at it. If it doesnt change I probably wont play, and I wont want to come back halfway into an xpac.

8 Likes

They suddenly increased the difficulty by a lot. And my guess is that its intentional. They made it super hard only to tone it down(later) so that they can pacify everyone legitimately without too many repercussions. Probably a negotiating technique to get things done their way. Make it too hard vs make it a little bit harder afterwards? Most people will be relieved.

What’s the PVP changes like? I’d PVP but its too much button smashing and the toxicity levels are super high. I might casually do it with one of the PVP guilds I am in who are comparatively nicer. I think.

1 Like

ok and? a 20 gives mythic quality loot (once upgraded)

15s uncap upgrades to max heroic
16/17 uncaps upgrades past heroic, to starting mythic.

this isn’t a problem

10 Likes

Would you say the same thing if it were M+25? Or M+30? Just curious. I don’t have a problem with it because I know I’ll get to 20. I feel like you will too. But I think I would be frustrated if the cutoff was +30 or something because it would feel impossible for me to make that every week. I wonder if that’s how people in the 15 crowd are feeling now.

Also, would you say the same thing if you didn’t raid? I feel like raiding could help a bit since people only have to get rewards from one of the two paths.

9 Likes

Yes!! I was just thinking this. You’re reading their usual playbook.

6 Likes

What is EOD? Sorry, noob question lol

Well, I am too. I am just hesitating right now only because of friends. If one of them comes back then I’ll still play but if not then meh. I can go play league or start spending my time constructively (or try to atleast lmao).

probably not. because at that point, I think they are putting them out of reach of players. how many people time 25-30 keys? I admit I’m not one of them. 20s, however, are accessible.

will they be accessible at the start? no. but as people gear, they will be.

and maybe not by everyone, but I’d argue if someone can do 15s they can work towards 20s, and if they can’t get there, they can do 16/17 and be no worse off than they are now. but this (an extra tier of upgrades up to the +20 level) is something players have been asking for.

5 Likes

Mythic+ Item Rewards:

Key End Vault
+9 389 395
+10 392 398
+11 392 402
+12 392 405
+13 392 408
+14 395 408
+15 398 411 MAX heroic ilvl
+16 398 415 Mythic ilvl
+17 402 415
+18 402 418
+19 405 418
+20 405 421

Raid Item Rewards:

Boss# LFR N H M
1-4 376 389 402 415
5-6 382 395 408 421
7-8 385 398 411 424

10 Likes

I don’t disagree. Though, some would make the argument that 25 is very accessible, and it probably is for them because of the circles they run in and the experience they have. Some would even argue that 30s are accessible but I wouldn’t believe them at that point because some specs haven’t even timed a 30.

It seems like the main thing is that people who are in the 15 bracket don’t believe in themselves or have the connections to work up. I think key difficulty is pretty relative, like you can play as well for the same results in a 20 or a 15 depending on your groupmates. So my advice (which was actually your advice a few years ago so thanks by the way) would be to run your own key and be picky with who you invite. A 15 with the people you run with now will probably not feel that different from a 20 with people who are better than the people you run with now.

3 Likes

Knowing Blizzard they’ll probably tone difficulty down as the xpac goes on if SL is anything to go off of.

1 Like