M+ causes major disparity with raid difficulty

The first 2 weeks of Dragonflight, when everyone was farming Super Rares every day and doing everything they can to get the Sabellion/Wrathion gear.

But that was before season 1 started and the Sabellion/Wrathion area turned into a ghost town overnight.

This is a tier by tier thing though, I played in BFA when you needed crawgs then too and it was even worse with the 1 item per box.

For example for 2handers your BIS is in raid with ashkandur and last tier you had the mega hunter weapon that quite frankly was WAY too good.

Which is why none of those procs should work in the other form of content.

Heroic raiding won’t get you 447 crafted gear, only Mythic Raiding will. 16s are infinitely easier than Mythic because you can pug 'em, they have no lockout, and you barely even need to succeed.

Having the loot be specific isn’t something I’d go for because I do M+ for gear (because aside from Tier, Trinkets, and a legendary, there’s nothing for me to drop in Raid) since I’m planning on turning all the pieces that are not one of those things into crafted gear in time and for the time being, M+ makes them easily 437/441.

I mean, at that point just make weapons without any cool procs, it feels kind of hollow to just disable things. If that is something you would want, then all the power to you.

Or standardize the loot tables so the items are available in both. Of course, you’d still need to remove the weekly lockout from raiding and increase the ## of items that drop in raid by a factor of 2x or 3x.

There are lots of ways to fix this problem.

Blizzard will do nothing, however, because they need raiders relying on M+ for gear in order to prop up its participation numbers.

Standardizing it would be fine but I feel this would just force people to m+ even more. The only good way to solve the unique weapons fairly is with dinars like end of SL imo.

Dinars were stupid because you could buy items that drop from bosses you’ve never killed.

I mean sure, but that is solvable easily, just lock it?

If it was that simple, you’d think that somebody at Blizzard would have spent 3 seconds putting any thought into the system.

I can assure you it would be easy to add that and that they deliberately chose to not for that exact season because the whole thing was like a victory lap for the expac.

Even in the current season, once the M+ opens, any gear below 430 instantly felt like absolute trash, especially the renown gears. And both Blizzard and the playerbase don’t know why (or refuse to see why).

1 Like

That is solving the issue created by the imbalance caused by M+ system.

The fantasy of killing the boss and looting their gear should be preserved. Dinar is a bad system, especially in the age where Blizzard can buff/nerf gear mid season.

1 Like

I thought it was a great system for that patch to help with bad luck protection but sure, I’ll agree to disagree.

More like an epitaph.

1 Like

Hah, fair enough. That got a big chuckle out of me.

I hear two recurring complaints about season 4 from people I know:

1. The buggy-as-hell affixes on Mythic that made some fights just undoable. (And the multi-week patch cycles since Blizzard would claim to fix something, but nobody would know until the next time that affix came up on that raid again… and it turns out they didn’t fix it at all.)
  2. That it wasn’t optional. If you could just turn fated OFF and do the old raids as they were (like we could on every previous expansion) there would have been less grumbling. (In fact, that’s what everyone assumed the mysterious consoles were for in the first place.)

Yeah the affixes in raid were super cursed to be honest, I think the scaling of them up was a great idea but I would cut the affixes next time.

The best way to protect people from bad luck is by increasing loot numbers. Giving them a bandaid currency is not a good idea, it actually build expectation by the community for you to pick the “correct” loot.

1 Like

“I just admitted to raiding 20 hours a week, on top of also doing keys, etc. but players who have lives shouldn’t be able to do content.” - OP

1 Like