Lvl 62 can't accept Stormsong Valley quest

(reposted on correct character)
Hello!

My friend and I (both lvl 62) cannot accept the Stormsong Valley quest on the table in Boralus. We have completed Drustvar and Tiragarde Sound (have the achievements) and we can see the exclamation point on the scouting table. When we click to read the report, and then click to accept the quest, the exclamation point goes away, but we haven’t actually accepted the quest. If we leave the table and come back, the quest is there again.

The quests for the Zandalar campaign are available on the ship, but we still haven’t been able to start/do Stormsong Valley to finish Kul Tiras :frowning:

The issue happens if we are teamed or solo. Neither one of us has completed BFA before (I completed Legion and Shadowlands on another character). The BFA campaign on the quest log shows Drustvar and Tiragarde Sound with green checkmarks, and Stormsong Valley is greyed out.

Help? Please tell me it’s something simple we’ve overlooked?

Thank you so much!!

There was another person having pretty much the same problem in a thread a few days ago. Check Udiza’s response here and see if anything they said might apply to you. I’m not sure if it will help because the OP of that thread never replied, but it’s a good starting point.

The fact that more than one person has posted about it now though makes me wonder if some sort of bug hasn’t manifested, so if Udiza’s post doesn’t help I’d recommend posting a thread over in bug reports as well so it can get on blizz’s radar.

I saw her post, but it was different in that she couldn’t access the command table at all. We can open the scouting map and select the quest. Also neither of us have completed BfA on an alt.

Thank you for the suggestions!

What you’re describing sounds like a bug, so I’d report it.

Now that they’ve removed the pre-reqs for the Allied races, I’m wondering if the Kul Tiran unlock is causing phasing issues. (It’s been a while, but I seem to remember parts of it taking place in Stormsong Valley.) So, if you haven’t unlocked Kul Tirans, you may want to head to the Embassy and go through the questline to see if that fixes the issue. It’s just a guess, but that’s the big thing that changed in the patch that relates to BfA.

I made a bug report post, but haven’t had any response there yet.

Bug reports are just that, reports. You generally won’t get a response to it, but the dev team does see them and it makes them aware that there is a potential issue so they can work on identifying if there is a bug, what might be causing it, and to come up with a fix to push out in a hotfix or patch.

In the meantime, I can’t duplicate the issue because I don’t have any characters in a position to do what you’re trying to do, but I also haven’t found any other references to this problem outside of the couple posts this week in here and one on Reddit, but that post was deleted and the one response was to enable trivial quests, which wouldn’t help with your problem anyway.

Worst case scenario, you might just have to come back to Stormsong at a later date. Wouldn’t hurt submitting a ticket as well, it’s possible a GM might be able to do something for you if it is actually broken. But just so you dont get your hopes up, it’s equally possible they might not be able to do anything to help if it is indeed a bug.

Thank you. It seems like whenever I put in a ticket they just send me to Wowhead, like I haven’t already scoured the Internet for hours looking for a solution, lol.

I’ll still put one in, just in case.

1 Like

I understand the frustration. The reason for it is that a lot of tickets they get are issues that aren’t actual problems but just somebody misunderstanding a certain part of a quest or something similar. Helping them would fall under “game hints”, which they aren’t allowed to do. So usually the first response to a ticket over a quest will be sort of a generic response directing you to places like wowhead. Make sure the ticket clarifies that there appears to be a problem with quest acquisition and there’s a chance that step could be skipped.

If not, and you do get the more generic response, at the bottom of the ticket will be a spot to indicate that your problem has not been resolved, and from that point you usually start getting more personalized help. Just remember the GM’s are overworked and underpaid, so being patient with them never hurts. They want you to be on your merry way enjoying the game as much as you do! :slight_smile:

Edit: Couldn’t hurt to include a link to your thread here as well.

2 Likes