Lowbie Corps Camping on PVP realms

my point against this would be that spirit rez, although it removes me from the situation, still prevents me from playing the game for a set time.

Good for you, sweetheart! :heart:

/pet

You have two options:

1. Git gud
  2. Reroll on a PVE server
8 Likes

Hi Ajax. I think rather than looking at it from the point of view of your $15 a month, you might want to look at it from an entertainment standpoint. If the rogue is camping you and you continually res and try to run away, emote or interact with him, he is going to stay if that’s what he finds fun.
You logging out for 10 minutes to grab a coffee puts an end to his entertainment and he will lose interest and find someone else to kill. He is most likely not questing in the same spot as you if he is 6 levels higher unless you are underleveled for the zone.

The 10 minute log out wastes 10 minutes of the rogues time (he is sitting at computer waiting for you), but it doesnt have to be a waste of your time if you are away from the computer gettin a drink or walking the block or something.

I know its probably not what you want to hear, but it is most effective for me if i happen to come across a camper on my warrior, who always gets ganked.

11 Likes

Go play and alt for 15 minutes and when you get back they will be gone looking for someone else to harrass.

7 Likes

I can’t be the only one thinking “Lowbie Camping Corps” would be a great guild name.

7 Likes

He didn’t prevent you from playing the game. You were still playing, and losing.

Edit: Roll on a pve realm

7 Likes

Lol here’s another one. Threads like this one encourage me to gank more and more.

7 Likes

I really couldn’t tell you what the UA was back when vanilla launched and if it had the same language as today or not. What I can tell you is that Blizzard was adamant back then that PvP servers had a solution to PvP, regardless of how brutal it was: more PvP. To that extent classic is emulating that experience so they won’t be getting involved no matter what, especially not for someone 6 levels higher than you ganking for a mere hour.

And personally the picture you paint of you just getting instantly killed after each rez and never getting away just makes me think you’re trolling. Because one would think after 5-10 minutes of repeated uneneding ganks you’d walk away because even if the behavior was actionable it wouldn’t be instantaneous.

Roll a rogue. Level up. Go and gank lowbies. Problem solved.

3 Likes

honestly this many days later the ganking doesn’t bug me. No one has even said a word that blizzard actually threatened me with a ban for reporting this

I’m not sure I would keep rezing in the same place for an hour if I kept getting ganked. Couldn’t you have spirit rezed and snuk around to somewhere else?

I’ve had to do that sometimes. Esp if lvl 60 Allys are farming the same herbs as me.

Actually now I’m wondering what an actual example is of grief play, as judged by Blizzard. Not the terms of service, what is an actual example of a case that was ruled grief play?

I don’t think the ban threat was due to the report. I think it was because you continued to disagree and then escalated it to a manager.
The manager needs you to accept their answer and not argue further, when they have already told you what the rules are.

5 Likes

id love to have that answer but unfortunately while questioning that I was threatened with a ban myself lol.

If you harass the CS service they are perfectly within their right to take action against you for it.

I got super nettled at the forums once because they gave me a suspension that I found to be utterly ridiculous and despite two (civil) attempts to argue how ridiculous asinine it was for it I never got it overturned. I realized I was walking a tight line of repeatedly keeping the ticket going which is why I stopped and the only thing I got out of it was venting in the customer survey that they were absolutely ridiculous. Probably got discarded as a belligerent customer, but it felt good.

3 Likes

I reported him too. He is making the OPs point.

1 Like

[quote=
I don’t think the ban threat was due to the report. I think it was because you continued to disagree and then escalated it to a manager.
The manager needs you to accept their answer and not argue further, when they have already told you what the rules are.
[/quote]

i mean he can tell me what he thinks the rules are the User agreement is the actual rules…

I think you are on your own.

The only thing that would qualify griefing on a PVP server would be someone who would do something like, having a second account and friending your character to keep track of your location so they can use the other account to grief you.

No matter what level you are there are other areas to quest. Spirit rez and by the time you get to your new location the sickness is gone. You have a repair bill is the only thing.

Now if you are on a totally different continent or on the other side of the one you are on, and the same guy shows up quickly and ganks you again, then you might have a case.

1 Like

You were told that is not how the rules apply in terms of the server you are on. The clause may be there due to people intentionally overcrowding and crashing servers, or where blizzard decides people take it too far (doesn’t matter, it’s their scripture to interpret not ours to twist for our own gain).

An hour is pretty standard, I’ve heard of worse.

You are being stubborn and feel it shouldn’t be allowed so you are arguing here, just like you did with the GM. You don’t always get what you want, this is normal on a pvp realm. Accept it or don’t but posting here won’t change it. You will likely be camped again for just as long if you continue to play on a pvp server. That’ll be on you because now you’ve been told.

1 Like