Low Resolution

Has this been disabled? In order to get playable FPS on a 2016 13" MBP, I’ve had the open to “Open in Low Resolution” in the Get Info for the World of Warcraft application enabled. This doesn’t seem to do anything anymore. I’ve tried unchecking it and rechecking it to no avail. Nazjatar has terrible FPS on this little trucker without that option working, like any other area in BFA. Any ideas?

4 Likes

I’m seeing this, too. Trying either EasyRes or setting the game to open in Low Resolution don’t seem to work like it had been.

1 Like

me too. hope this gets fixed…

1 Like

Same here as well. Was using easyres and getting 60 FPS solid, now 30ish at best. Frustrating.

27" Retina iMac with Radeon Pro 580 8 GB.

1 Like

Howdy!

We would like to collect data on this issue. Can you please post up your Mac Model Identifier Information?

I am also having the same issue here.

The “low resolution” checkbox before launching shouldn’t be needed. there should now be a resolution drop down menu IN GAME that lets you do same thing, with even more control. have you located and tried using this drop down yet?

So I was able to run in 1650 x 1050 resolution before, but that is no longer an option either. I was using Resolutionator (which does the same thing as EasyRes). It was working fine a couple days ago but after downloading 8.2 it no longer shows 1650 x 1050 as an option in Fullscreen (windowed) mode.

My Mac Identifier is:
MacBookPro14,3

MacBookPro13,3

MacBook Pro, Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015

macOS Mojave 10.14.3

MacBookPro11,1

I did talk with someone about change and the intent was they didn’t want you to have to rely on 3rd party solutions like switchres and wanted an in game solution that did same thing (resolution drop down). However, adding that actually broke the 3rd party solutions, so you are forced to use blizzards solution instead. That actually was NOT the intention and I’m sure it’s going to get looked into to support both ways.

the only work around right now is to use resolution menu in game.

Just coming back to wow since WoD, and also seeing this issue, though with mine its scaling above what my normal desktop is. My desktop is in 1080P (no 3rd party app), and wow is trying to run at 4096 x 2160. both the OS and wow are fresh installs

Mac Pro 5,1 40gb ram High Sierra latest update
Radeon Pulse RX 580 8gb (for metal)

I’m also having these screen resolution issues. And for the first time, I’m also getting screen tearing in all zones, which didn’t happen before the patch.

2019 iMac. Running Mojave 10.14.5
Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 GB

This is super frustrating - I went from having a crisp game to pixelated edges/activating the fans on a Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 GB. (On an iMac 2019)

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)

I have also noticed that my screen seems to be switching between filling the screen and slightly squishing on the left and right. When it squishes there are 1cm black bars on both the left and right of the screen. I think this might be related to what Omegall was saying. It may be because of the 3rd party tool alongside the in game option fighting.

I am not entirely sure and am curious if anyone else has seen this as well.

I submitted a ticket for some 8.2 graphics issues and was told to post it to this thread, so here:

“The full-screened game behaves like another window is currently selected; that is, I have to click once before it gives mouseovers or responds to further clicks. The cursor is many times larger than previously and I have been unable to set it to a smaller value, even using console commands. Size 1 is rendering more like size 3 or larger. There is also significant cursor drag and stutter, making gameplay difficult. This only occurs in game and does not appear to be a mouse issue. Finally, there’s a lot of black flickering whenever the camera shifts, usually of the most distant terrain block, like the sky.”

1 Like

I have the squishing too, but I use no 3rd party tools, and mine is a lot worse than just a cm.

make sure render scale isn’t 200% because that’d make 1080p run at 2160p

in fact in general for a few of you that are seeing pixelation and other things. use the new resolution drop down menu but make sure render scale is 100%, lower will uglify things and higher will super sample at HUGE fps cost.