Low lvl pet, high lvl hunter

This actually makes me want to level my Hunter as my main alt. Catching pets to learn new moves sounds awesome.

Here’s a super helpful site for you:
https://www.wow-petopia.com/classic/

What’s the best Hunter leveling spec? Guessing BM?

I tamed a lvl 9 owl at level 36 and it was absolutely painful leveling it up. I was questing/grinding green color mobs and it still took forever because I was forced to put traps down, wing clip etc… every single time since I obviously wasn’t getting and help DPS wise from the owl. Taking down mobs was sloooooow.

I was BM spec which didn’t help matters at all. If I had to do it again I would just do dungeons and put it on passive. That way I’m still leveling the pet AND leveling my character instead of slogging it through low level mobs.

Grats on Broken Tooth tame!

1 Like

It’s whatever spec you most enjoy.

Just turn off growl and group… he’ Level up on no time

I thought this was going to be about the low level griefing. Where a high level hunter tames a level 1-5 pig, then the night elf is in shadowmeld waiting for some low level to quest, and flag by hitting the pet… totally don’t have plans or anything for this…

Yes, BM is by far the best. You need a strong pet in order for it to hold aggro off your ranged attacks.

Just grind caster or archer mobs.

At level 36 you could go to swamp of sorrows and kill the dragon whelps all day. They die in about 5 seconds and will never try to come to melee.

There’s quite a few spots like this.

Level ~25 - Galak Centaurs, 1k needles
Level ~30 - Dragon Whelps, Wetlands
Level ~35 - Dragon Whelps, Swamp of Sorrows/Desolace Centaurs
Level ~40 - Dragon Whelps Badlands/Desolace Centaurs
Level ~45 - Fire Rocs Tanaris/Gordok Warlocks

etc etc. This is by far the best way to level pets. Dungeons work too, but keep in mind your pets will have a massive aggro radius if you take it into a dungeon that exceeds its level.

1 Like