Low lvl pet, high lvl hunter

Actually if you have imp raptor strike (don’t know why any hunter wouldn’t at 60), your melee damage isn’t bad at all. My hunter almost never kited anything. I just ripped enemies with my 2h. If they aren’t even at 60, you don’t exactly need top damage to kill them. 1 aimed/multi shot on the pull cripples a 50-55 mob. Also, with the aspect up, low level enemies struggle to hurt you.

Unguro Crater kill fire elementals? Bonus is the drops are used my alchys for potions for MC.

There are a ton of options at lower levels, not so many at 60 unfortunately.

A lot of the ghosts in the lake in winterspring are casters, you could try there.

there is orc casters in burning steppes, and check the caster satyrs in felwood, they might still be green and they drop cloth/felcloth, runes

Going deep Surv is a DPS loss if you’re already hit capped, which is easy until full T1 (though the scope is now reportedly in game so even then it’s not needed). If you’re melee weaving Imp. RS is a thing, but that’s not for every boss and even then there are some very good utility talents in the BM tree for your pet.

Also, it’s better to fight ranged mobs as you do significantly more damage at range.

I didn’t say go deep survival. Improved raptor is on the 2nd row. I’m also not talking about boss fights. I don’t know if you forgot the topic, or just didn’t read what you quoted; but we were talking about farming low level mobs.

Just go farm the casters that drop the crusader pattern if they aren’t heavily farmed on your server. Easy to kill casters that drop valuable loot.

https://classic.wowhead.com/npc=4494/scarlet-spellbinder

Dark Casters in EPL drop valuable tailoring patterns, quite a few more melee mobs in this area though so you have to be a bit picky.

https://classic.wowhead.com/npc=8526/dark-caster

More than 3 pts is deep Survival. Even then, 3 pts at our gear level may not even be as much a DPS increase as increased pet damage as they’re not going to scale any harder but we will. Plus as I said, you can’t weave on every boss and weaving properly relies entirely on being good at timing.

You made a statement saying that you didn’t know why any hunter at 60 wouldn’t have Imp. RS. I told you why. The only specs that utilize it would be deep Survival (primarily for Surefooted and secondly for Imp. RS for weaving), or a PvP spec. The current best raid spec once hit capped (especially with the scope in game) is 20/31/0 (or at most 17/31/3), and the Princess farming spec also requires Pathfinding.

First sentence is an opinion, literally all the rest is wrong and/or irrelevant to the topic. Not going to help you continue derailing though. You should make your own thread to discuss junk end game builds.

Edit: Felt one bit should stand out a bit more.

Survival outside the first tier, Surefooted and Imp. RS is a DPS loss and is entirely utility (so, more often than not for PVP) which isn’t what most people are going to be taken. Especially given without Pathfinding you’re going to have a much more difficult time farming Mara Princess. The top DPS spec right now given hit cap isn’t hard to get (especially once the scope is easily obtainable) is also 20/31/0. If you don’t have good pet micro, then of course BM isn’t going to be great.

My entire response is based around the fact you seem to think any 60 Hunter should have at minimum Imp. RS, which I disagree with. And it also isn’t in the bulk of level 60 talent builds.

EDIT: And I already answered the original topic earlier, so.

I wasn’t implying you have your pet do nothing, I mentioned turning off taunt because you want your pet attacking but not tanking. It would die way to much to lvl 50+ mobs, thus why you choose to kill casters that will focus the player and hard cast, and use Aspect of the Cheetah to kite melee mobs while your pet is on their tail.

1 Like

Warlock pets are better.

Just saying.

The utility is nice, but pet DPS for Hunters is higher. Plus it’s fun to watch BT smack casters who desperately try to get a cast off.

I didn’t mean to suggest that you implied any such thing. I recalled having to earn XP for a lower level pet to gain levels, but I had recalled, apparently erroneously, that, the pet had to attack at least once for it to gain levels. Another player has corrected my faulty recollection.

I think the higher level (yellow/orange) the mobs you fight compared to the pet, the faster the pet gains levels.

As for best places to level your pet: At 60 I always liked the humanoids in EPL or Deadwind Pass. Good respawn and cloth drops.

Not familiar with Hunter pets in Classic, but don’t cats get a Prowl ability?

Warlock pets…

he snaps his finger and the succubus standing behind him falls to the floor in agony before dying horribly

… are better.

he snaps finger again and a succubus appears behind him, fear and subservience etched across her face

he smiles

WET forums are a different section of the forums.

RP servers are leaking out again.

1 Like

I’d like to think even RPers would cringe at that. Especially since it completely changes the succubus’s personality.

Cats can learn prowl, but you have to teach your pets all offensive moves. You have to tame a pet that knows the move and then learn it by using that temporary pet. You will get a chat message confirming that you have learned X move.

Then you can get rid of the temp pet and teach the new move to your pet. PS. Moves and their ranks are level-restricted so make sure your pet is the right level to learn it.

Another tip: Since you are restricted to 4 moves (like Pokemon) it’s good to have choices:

if you pvp prowl is probably a must.

If you don’t, or don’t use prowl in PvP… If you have a fast hitting cat, dash is better.

Prowl is good for slow hitting cats because out of prowl they hit for a ton.