Low Level BGs Unplayable Because Twinks

11/10/2018 06:08 PMPosted by Huh
It's pretty funny how most of them are just absolutely awful at this game at max level. You notice little things that scream "I'm horrible!" like keyboard turning and backpedaling. But since they're basically taking advantage of the fact that the general majority of people in low level BGs are just passing through, they feel like they're actually good.
Its funny you try to rationalize this hur they are bad at max. You make it as you're a high tier player which makes it more funny.
Wait wait wait.

Are you kidding me. Twinks are back with the general population? They are quite possibly the worst aspect of this game. I almost quit playing when I first started back in classic because of twinks.

Is Blizzard just on the bad decision train?

I haven't seen this many twinks in ages and there is a reason for that.

Yea, because you have victims again.

Everything you people say to justify twinking are all lies. 100% complete and total lies. You're not doing it because of end game, you're not doing it for a "challenge" you twink for the same reason people do circuits of stranglethorn to gank low levels.

You completely ruin an aspect of this game.
1 Like
11/10/2018 07:51 PMPosted by Valarien
If 7.0 was when they merged the twinks back in with levelers its because of templates and gear normalization. Twinks were around the same strength as your average joe. With the removal of templates the twinks need to go back to their own playground.

Tell Blizzard to make max level fun again and we will head back to playing our max level characters. I haven't seen this many twinks in ages and there is a reason for that.

If there are so many of you, then split the queues again. You seem to have more then enough to fill games, no?

How can players split the queues? It is not within our power.

Personally I think a more effective change would be to queue premades against premades, whether twinks or not. I think that's a bigger problem than twinks.
11/10/2018 09:03 PMPosted by Bullcritt
How can players split the queues? It is not within our power.

Personally I think a more effective change would be to queue premades against premades, whether twinks or not. I think that's a bigger problem than twinks.

They can't, but that doesn't stop twinks from defending the practice.
11/10/2018 08:12 PMPosted by Xukon
Wait wait wait.

Are you kidding me. Twinks are back with the general population? They are quite possibly the worst aspect of this game. I almost quit playing when I first started back in classic because of twinks.

Is Blizzard just on the bad decision train?

I haven't seen this many twinks in ages and there is a reason for that.

Yea, because you have victims again.

Everything you people say to justify twinking are all lies. 100% complete and total lies. You're not doing it because of end game, you're not doing it for a "challenge" you twink for the same reason people do circuits of stranglethorn to gank low levels.

You completely ruin an aspect of this game.

Considering you're suddenly outraged about changes that happened 2-1/2 years ago...

Maybe you should have objected when the changes were first announced, like 3 years ago?
When it was something to make a twink and get the gear was a lot of farming with people to help you make them. Now they are to easy to make and have the ah asking a ton of gold for low lvl gear for players that are just looking for gear while lvling up.
11/10/2018 09:06 PMPosted by Bullcritt
Considering you're suddenly outraged about changes that happened 2-1/2 years ago...

Maybe you should have objected when the changes were first announced, like 3 years ago?

I suppose you missed the part of my post that said templates were around when they merged the two together. Gear was normalized so there wasn't a need for separate queues. A player in an assortment of questing greens could do reasonably well against a twink decked out.

Thats not the case anymore. Hence the complaining.
don't blame me, i haven't been in a battleground since 2012. but i did have enjoyment being in elemental spec and topping dps&heals for blackrock caverns and throne of tides dungeon finders back in 2013

one day, i'll have a max level boost me ulduar gear so that i can earn herald of the titans

Before quoting me you quoted the person who literally answered the question you're asking me.

What exactly is your goal here? Or did you think I wouldn't read any post except this one?
11/10/2018 09:12 PMPosted by Valarien

I suppose you missed the part of my post that said templates were around when they merged the two together. Gear was normalized so there wasn't a need for separate queues. A player in an assortment of questing greens could do reasonably well against a twink decked out.

Thats not the case anymore. Hence the complaining.

Templates came in at exactly the same time that separate queues stopped.

Templates were a huge failure. Gear was "normalized" around certain templates that worked great for the chosen FOTM specs, and were utter garbage for others. So people who were blessed by that huge boost from the templates started thread after thread demanding that templates also be applied in wpvp. And people whose templates crushed their spec whined and quit pvp.

My guardian had the lowest health of anyone on the team.

Not a good time for anyone.
OP is right..time to get rid of them again
11/10/2018 09:17 PMPosted by Bullcritt
Not a good time for anyone.

Except for all of the people who just wanted to jump into battlegrounds every once in awhile. Especially alts.

Although this alternative is so much better. People getting one shot and farmed by twinks is so much better than some spec suffering from poor template itemization.
11/10/2018 06:06 PMPosted by Jamalia
twinks no longer get ther own brackets

Welcome to 2016? All toons in instanced pvp gets scaled up to bracket cap (so lowbies can compete), enchantments don't function, and only iLvl matters for stats- so those who've gathered gear with terrible (high) itemization loose out.

Twinks are weaker than they've ever been. Sorry.

Nah, op is god of pvp if he dies the other guy cheated :)
...Since when did Blizzard let twinks back into regular BGs? I remember them getting kicked out several years ago. This is really a bad idea to let them back in.

Exactly when everything went to crap, Battle for Azeroth.

These guys can't get 1 thing right.
Seriously, it's like they have no corporate history of the game any more. There are good reasons why twinks were banished. Those reasons haven't changed at all.
If you put heirlooms on you are pretty much a twink. So....there is that.

Yes, blizz did have a twink bracket but the queue was so long that most people quit doing it....but now? Muhahahahaha. Again, if you have looms it is not an issue so go get some looms. Can't beat them join them.
11/11/2018 07:26 PMPosted by Stellan
Seriously, it's like they have no corporate history of the game any more. There are good reasons why twinks were banished. Those reasons haven't changed at all.

Well not really. Blizz banned twinks because they were an issue. Then something miraculous happened. Heirlooms. So people with heirlooms were kicking the snot out of those without.....people of course cried but Blizz could not just ban people in heirlooms so......and if you are going to let people in heirlooms beat the snot out of people without then you might as well bring back twinking....so here we are.
I like to queue for dungeons more than BG's, but that's because certain classes completely overpower the rest in BG's. Even with brackets not merged you'll still have similar occurences, you just won't run into the same ones constantly. For me I like building a twink more than destroying people =] (You can verify that through my BG history in pvp tab if you want, though it won't show you how many dungeons I've run.) Even as a twink, I don't think I've had a worse occurence than going against 8 druids in a single EotS match, but it's okay.

I've had more fun building the three twinks I've made in the past two weeks than I've had being a !@#$ter just getting 2/8M, especially since I don't like M+. Everyone has their thing they enjoy. Some people just enjoy killing people repeatedly a little too efficiently, but that's how it goes since Blizzard doesn't balance for low levels.

Sorry to all those who've had a bad experience in BG's, hopefully you stop going against people who want nothing more than to look good on a stat board. If you see me I'll probably be diving into a group of people to my death before killing anyone. =]
"GAH TWINKS SUCK SO MUCH THEY ARE RUINING THE GAME!" - most people on this thread

"I cant wait for classic its gonna be the best!" - also most people on this thread.

Blizzard knows and allows them to continue abusing! BG´s

1 Like

Y’all are complaining about twinks now? I remember getting kited by hunters with that dumb Twisted Chanter’s Staff for hours in WSG… twinkling was fun as hell back in the day. I’m glad they’re making a come back…

As someone previously stated, the point of the game is to acquire more gear than someone else to be more of a threat. Why affect someone else’s play style because you don’t want to put in the extra effort or gold? Can’t beat them? Join them. Don’t wanna join them? Don’t PvP.

1 Like