Low honor is making people quit

The loud, petty handful of these folks do not care, at all.

2 Likes

Because its mostly PVE carebears commenting on PvP threads.

13 Likes

Iā€™m not even bothering with bgā€™s with how broken the honor system is right now this is 100% not how it was in tbc originally i donā€™t care what people ā€œthink they knowā€ theyā€™re wrong

20 Likes

Itā€™s really bad. I came back to tbc for pvp but the queue times and honor just kill the fun. I was in 50 minute queues yesterday and ran into back-to-back premades. In the 2 hours I got 40 honor and 2 marks. I logged out and watched re-runs of Frasierā€¦ Yeah, I donā€™t think I will be sticking around for this. Blizzardā€™s silence says a lot. They clearly donā€™t give a F.

14 Likes

But thatā€™s not the meta.

6 Likes

Can you show me where you found the stats on players quitting? Inquiring minds want to know

2 Likes

I wish yā€™all could transfer. I am really against Horde vs Horde BGs though.

No, your friends need to adapt to the way the game is played

1 Like

Iā€™m one of those alliance players. I farmed the honor back in TBC, and I was insanely dedicated to this game, enough so to be a multigladiator. But this honor grind (even on alliance) is the dumbest garbage Iā€™ve ever seen. I canā€™t afford to sink 400 hours into honor grinding. Not only is it not realistic, ITā€™S NOT FUN.

This honor change is idiotic. Who cares if people could farm their crappy blue pvp set in a weekendā€¦ honestly? Let them. Nobody wants to BG for Arenaā€¦ letā€™s be realistic. Let us Arena without wasting endless hours in BGs. If I canā€™t even Arena because I have a job.

14 Likes

Because it isnā€™t. There isnā€™t something wrong with a game that takes a while to complete.

Some people might like that kind of thing. If you want to gear quickly, play retail. Iā€™m not throwing a jab here, seriously that game has what you like. I like games that are grindy and where I might not get everything.

4 Likes

just stopping in to say I know several pvp only friends who have quit over the queue times, bad games and horrible honor gains

If I was a serious pvper, I would have quit the game today after the 1h30m wait to queue into a premade and lose for only 29 honor

donā€™t claim to know what the solution is but pretending like itā€™s a faction v faction problem or that this is enjoyable for anyone isnā€™t the play

8 Likes

The honor grind is abysmal, no one is saying you should be able to get a set of honor gear in a weekend as some are implying, people dont want to grind 20 hours of bgs and farming lowbies to get a single piece of gear. Its absolutely mind numbing to spend 30 min in an AB 3-2 cap and get 150 bonus honor.

7 Likes

Thats not bad at all, whats bad is the hour long queues to BG properly so youre forced to kill levelers and people at summoning stones.

1 Like

the amount of alliance cringe in this thread is too dam high

2 Likes

The game is and always been stacked to Horde, so why should the AL players bother?

2 Likes

Yes 8-10 days played time to get a full blue set of gear just to be able to compete in arena is a jokeā€¦ it will be replaced fast yet i canā€™t even compete and you try to claim that it isnā€™t a issue?? i donā€™t mind grinding honor but not 8-10days played

7 Likes

Normally im all about high populations. But in this case, it is a matter of misplaced expectations. If players come to classic and expect it to be a casual experience, that is their buyers remorse and should either try out retail, or find a different game.

The grind is real, and should be expected. Either accept it, or move on till a less grindy classic expansion.

4 Likes

21 Likes

This is why honorbuddy became ubiquitous in wrath and forward, before blizz shut them down. I remember most BGs being mostly poorly scripted bots farming honor.

Sorry but youā€™re playing the wrong game.

This is tbc classic, where you had to grind towards objectives and no you canā€™t just grind out a blue pvp set of gear in a weekend, that was never the intention.

We did arena in a lot of pve gear in season 1 - you can too

6 Likes