Loving Seal of Command in Classic

That’s a very narrow view point of the paladin class. If you can’t understand the different nuances then that’s on you. Nothing wrong with stacking pure dps as i’ve said but theres more ways to play than three strict styles. Stick to retail if you want that, especially in pvp. A ret paladin with enough mana to help support their team mates is usually more beneficial than a pally who cant.

2 Likes

I support my teammate by killing things faster. Dead fast enemies means less strain on a healer and tank. Played as tank before and a faster dead enemy means i can take less damage and go to the next mob. As a healer i literally roll my eyes when a mob is not dead yet in a decent amount of time. Like what the hell is dps doing? Are they slacking? Afking? Why am i expending so much mana in healing them for such a simple mob.

Ret by its very nature is suppose to be direct damage with little support as a trade off. Prot is full on support by protecting them and holy is directly supporting them to keep them alive. Why would you want to make our only damage tree support? Thats like tellingpeople.

“Hey guys. I am gonna fo sub par dps but hey at least i can maybe pick up a mob in case our tank die or maybr throw a few heals if our healer dies. Lets have fun.”

That Lolretadin is the one making all the fights take longer for his own selfish reasoning. I am not selfish. Im a team player.

1 Like

Enjoy running out of mana and being trained in PvP. If you gear like a warrior, you’ll be an auto attack bot in a few short casts.

1 Like

I dont worry about pvp i only worry about pve. In pvp you will always have to gimp yourself for more survivablity. Pve is different. You gimping yourself for survivablity lowers the survivabilty of your entire group or raid.

2 Likes

Because this thread is purely about PvE…

/s

1 Like

This thread is about playing a gimp ret when it shouldnt have to be. But alas classic flaw design.

4 Likes

While I like the seal system, this is not the version I would’ve lobbied to get back. Sitting there auto-attacking and hoping for procs to kill a regular mob in half decent time, is not my idea of a good time.

Seal of Blood actually made people notice Ret as a pve dps spec in TBC so not sure what your issue is with that.

3 Likes

Paladin power!

The Paladin class was intentionally gimped by journeyman devs (who hated hybrids, especially paladins) who replaced the original designers of the Paladin class, Bill Roper and his team. One of the hybrid hating devs is now the lead game designer, Furor or Alex Afrasabi.

7 Likes

I really don’t feel like it’s procing much at all… doesn’t even feel like 7ppm. My priest friend is pulling threat just with SW:P and wanding : /

2 Likes

Spot on, I played through their era of full control which is why I will never play that trash of a class in classic; you can clearly see their hand in how strong warriors are because it was what they play in EQ when they got their a ss handed to them by a better tank that was a paladin. It’s so fuc king childish to ruin a whole new game simply because they got their feelings hurt.

seal of command proc per minute; not swing base so the slower the weapon the better which is a stupid system when the word says chance on hit making it seems like the more hits you do the more chances of it proccing.

2 Likes

Pallies got a complete rework pretty shortly before classic went live if I remember correctly as well, was in the beta when it happened. I can’t remember how it was beforehand, but considering how classic paladin was just an autoattack bot, it couldn’t really be much worse.

5 Likes

If you want to see the original Paladin class design in action in classic, go to the Scarlet Enclave in Stratholme, the Paladins there are the early beta Paladins. They actually have a version of Crusader Strike that includes a holy damage over time.

4 Likes

Quick question, what’s the point of higher SoC ranks? I just learned rank 2 and it’s the same damage but costs 50% more mana. The judgment is little bit higher but barely.

1 Like

What is your level, crit % and weapon damage?

Those are the determining factors in SoComm damage.

1 Like

As with a lot of things in classic, it’s highly dependent on your gear. The base seal damage % stays the same due to it always increasing with better weaponry. If you’re not judging to conserve mana then yes, rank 1 is the way to go. There would not be any dps lost from the passive damage of the seal. The higher ranks only increase judgement damage which in turn scales more based on your gear.

Seal of command’s potency is greatly increased with control builds. Take reduced CD on Hammer of justice, Repentance, 4 piece pvp bonus and engineering. Stacking both physical and spell damage and you’ll see how the seal really shines. Max rank command judgements on stunned targets can be huge.

1 Like

anything beyond rank 1 is only good for judging, if you r only using it for auto atk, use rank 1; any1 that does otherwise doesnt know how to play the class.

1 Like

Yeah, Seal of Blood was great. Who doesn’t love losing health equal to 10% of the damaged inflicted?

No one said SoB was great, but it was still better relative to command.

Thematically and as a dps seal it was great.

I didn’t mind it as alliance in pvp XD