Loud obnoxious response

What argument matters when you have fingers in both ears? You’ve been told why you are a fool and you don’t acknowledge the points made. The conversation is over.

Nothing has been presented. Bunch of what ifs.

1 Like

Nothing credible has been presented expect subjective mumbo jumbo and feelings. No factual evidence.

I’ve read your post. If you can’t find mine then try harder.

Your post failed to address the fact that the tool makes players disposable, so you obviously weren’t talking to me.

1 Like

So you’re saying I’m just guessing that the LFG addon wont allow for teleportation or cross-realm? This addon being literally nothing like retail LFG is just ‘subjective’?

In what way does it make players disposable.

I can’t imagine it is that hard to read. But I’ll link it for you. This post, in this thread, directly talks about player value. If you can’t comprehend how it relates, then I would suggest giving up.

They always were though, for the most part… A good portion of people would just be all faux nice to each other to get something done that they wanted to. WoW is filled with sociopaths and people on the spectrum. They don’t do well with real social bonding and tend to view people as tools to achieve what they want. This is psychology 101 level stuff.

filling the party is easy. You can get a group, kick people you dont like and fill it fast. Where as in the past it took a while to fill a group. So people in the group would help a person if he was struggling, and possibly make a good friend out of him, instead of just booting him with another random person.

2 Likes

It’s quicker and easier to rep them, so you may as well throw a mediocre person in the trash and get another as people do in retail. It’s already happened and history will just repeat with this tool.

This isn’t how this addon would work though? It doesn’t change the size of the pool of players you are looking for. You are still within your closed community. If you treat players as though they are disposable you may find rather quickly fewer and fewer people will even initiate with you at all. You have a finite pool of people to play with at any given time.

2 Likes

blah blah blah.

This didn’t happen in wrath, why would it happen now? LFG isn’t a problem system, it was always cross-realm. Your pool of players doesn’t expand with this, your community doesn’t change. You will have a reputation for your actions whether or not you’re aware of it and that WILL affect who wants to group up with you.

1 Like

I knew you were a putz based on your posts but I didnt think you’d cave THIS quickly with your facade.

1 Like

It happened in wrath all the time. I was a healer and was guilty of some of it myself. Bad dpser? Out the window. Sorry it’s just human nature and it will happen if they allow it.

no, you asked a question. I answered it. Then you went off on a tangent of garbage text. I then said blah blah blah because you just wanted to shout over me no matter what I say. Aint got time for your crap. bye.

No, it didnt. It was not convenient to discard players unless they were completely unbearable because you had to summon them and without a warlock handy that meant long walks dodging trash you may have avoided or maybe even trash that respawned just to get to the summoning stone with another party member, then running back. You didn’t just have the next player warp right in for you. There are CRITICAL systems at work here that make up the fall of retail’s sense of community that are simply not present in this addon.

‘Human nature’ is going to bite cynics like you in the face pretty hard. I hope you’re not actually paying for your subscription fee because you can and will lose the ability to play through community notoriety.

Does this tool also introduce CRZ? That was the real issue, I remember very clearly when it happened. It’s the fact that you’re often randomly grouped with people you will likely never see again and have the entirety of your region rather than your server to pull players from.

Being able to more consistently meet other players on your server is more likely to be a benefit than harmful. As Grimey points out, there’s still a finite number of people to choose from and if you just kick people who aren’t the best, you will rapidly run out of players who will play with you.

And let’s not pretend like no one is ever willing to help new players in LFG/premades. Not to say it isn’t a fairly common issue, it absolutely is, but I know that I personally will slow down and help people learn the ropes when I get newer, inexperienced players in my group. I have a lot of btag friends that I met and offered to add so that they could message me if they needed a healer or advice.

And based on how important the community appears to be to everyone here, shouldn’t that be more common in Classic than it is on live, especially with no cross-realm grouping? We’ll surely get some players from live who don’t care about the same things we do, but I find it hard to believe that all of them are going to stick around on a permanent basis and act like they do on live.

LFG will effect people. Along those same arguments you can say a lot of things, like transmog and LFR dont effect others, but they do. If you allow them in the game, then just play retail because that is how we got here in the first place.

1 Like