Lots of blatant racism in the community

Was in an av over the weekend.

The randomized leader gave assist to all 40 player.

In less than 15 seconds of that happening the entire BG excluding a few people proceeded to, in raid warning chat spell out the N word letter by letter.

Completely unprompted out of nowhere the first letter popped up…

Then the following, and so on and so forth, all by individual players. They then proceeded to essentially chant said word over and over and over in raid warning chat for the next 15 minutes until we lost the AV.

This community is turning into a bunch of despicable losers, I’m kinda ashamed to be a part of it now.

And before you berate me for complaining about racism

yes I get it it’s a toxic video game I’ve seen my fair share of it

but it’s starting to get absurd and out of hand you can’t go anywhere without some weird racial connotation being thrown left and right at you

22 Likes

Ok?

Report them and move on. I know you’re gonna say it does nothing but this post literally does nothing. A report links names to action. This post does nothing other than point out bad behavior with no hopes to correct it. It was better off in the other thread you posted it in and certainly didn’t need another thread.

13 Likes

Yeah let me go ahead and report 36 people to a company that won’t do anything about it.

I’m stating a fact here I don’t want your opinion plain and simple.

5 Likes

Then your point here is to just whine? Quit.

23 Likes

It’s not a whine either I’m just pointing out that there is a lot of racism in this community

4 Likes

Yeah do that. Means a lot more than this topic lol.

Also do not care if you want my opinion sport. Welcome to the public forums. If you want an echo chamber make a discord channel.

9 Likes

The racism has always been here. All you can do really is filter your own groups, because Blizzard does nothing about it.

I suggest Global Ignore List.

3 Likes

Always has been. I’m white as rice and some idiot called me a N-word back when Old Hillsbrad Heroics were new content because I broke a sheep by accident.

4 Likes

OK, so why post this thread?

Don’t bother answering… muting the thread since you’re being toxic.

2 Likes

Public fourm and all

While I do think it’s wrong. Can you please show me where this really affected you? I mean words on the internet from fools got you so flustered you came to the forums. Report and ignore the fools that do things like that. Life will go on and you will be ok.

4 Likes

When it comes to affecting me this type of stuff doesn’t actually bother me I have a huge tolerance for it considering I come from the pserver scene

the only thing that did bother me is I was trying to just play a game and ignore all of the other racist crap that’s going on in real life. For 36 people to drag up more toxicity.

Also at no point in this post that I whine or really complain about anything. I simply a story about my experience in the game and then called people despicable losers for their actions.

Not once in my almost 20 years of playing this game have I gone to forums stating an experience I had with a stranger on the internet. I guess the younger generations today are just not as thick skinned. Sadly there are people out there that suck, I wouldn’t even waste my time as it means nothing.

It must have bothered you as you are contridicting yourself. I can play an entire AV and not look at chat once, but yet you state you are just trying to ignore. Maybe do and not try, my old martial arts instructor would say this all the time.

5 Likes

Not tolerance enough to ignore it and report it without complaining here.

2 Likes

Guy comes to the forums to relate an experience with intolerant players. Proceeds to be flamed by intolerant players.

:frowning:

13 Likes

It’s not a complaint, it’s a factual story that happened.

Not when it’s spammed in Raid warning.

Tbh I’m probably older than you. I’m also not afraid to speak up about something that is ruining a game iv played for 20 years aswell.

If you would like to know how it ended I went to Iwb just afked the BG because it wasn’t worth my time seeing all the blatant racist BS.

I honestly wasn’t expecting anything less from this community at this point.

They’ll proceed to patrol and bash me as much as they want but nothing changes the fact that what I wrote is true and happened, and it’s going to continue to happen.

Sad days for wow.

Once wotlk is over it’s belly up boys

So, report them.

1 Like

no SS, didn’t happen

next bait thread please

/s

3 Likes

Yea, there’s a lot of this. It’s disappointing. I’ve been coming to these forums to engage in discussion on and off for the last 18 years, but in the last 5 years or so, victim shaming and general aggressiveness has become so insanely prominent. There are some… questionable attitudes in-game as well. I’m honestly surprised Blizzard doesn’t address it. I know they say you’re supposed to report, but I don’t really want to spend my entire game time policing chat when that is clearly something Blizzard should be responsible for.

I do my best to ignore it and carry on, but it’s disappointing. Same for the forums, though I do try to speak up when I see stuff like this happening. It gets quickly ignored… or, the new strategy, I get reported and my post gets flagged. Because that’s how it is now.

A post calling out racist and toxic attitudes should not be met with this level of indifference and aggression. It’s early but I think the forums have bummed me out. I think I’m gonna stay away for a few days.

I hope you can find better experiences, Grim :slight_smile:

4 Likes

had a guy spam the N word for 3 days straight before he disappeared