Lost Sea Turtle

Was fishing on my paladin, and fished up the Sea Turtle. I was so excited that while the loot window was still up I went to take a quick screen shot to share in my guild discord and it closed the loot window and the sweet turtle was lost :frowning:

I put an in game ticket, but I’m hoping somehow a GM can check my loot logs and see that I fished it up and can restore it. So sad that I lost my favorite mount to a mistake, and it wasn’t auto looted or mailed to me :frowning:

1 Like

FishingBuddy seems to be closing loot windows before they can be looted, even with auto-loot on.

If you gave the date and time and a gm can confirm it then the odds should be hopefully in your favor.

1 Like

Yeah I gave them the day, time, and zone I fished it up in. I put the ticket in minutes after it happened

Someone else was recently here with a similar circumstance. There isn’t anything they can do, you will have to fish it up again, I’m afraid.

3 Likes

That makes me very sad, I can’t believe that loot window doesn’t stay open till you hit loot or decline

I caught a 2nd turtle!

12 Likes

That’s wonderful to hear, congrats!

5 Likes

When the original WotLK came out it seemed to me that the drop rate on catching the turtle was higher than it was later.

I caught it within the first week or 10 days on my three accounts. Accounts I made later either took much, much, longer to drop or never dropped at all.

I felt that they used a higher drop rate initially to get the mount into the game, then reduced the rate later on.

Good to hear that you got it again!

1 Like

just happened to me too QQ

how long did the 2nd turtle take?

Like another 90 minutes or so. I was fishing in southern dragon blight near the tuskar village

2 Likes

So yeah I just had this happen to me, so I can confirm that nothing will be done. The system doesn’t register it so you are just out of luck. Even though my tracking mod for gathering shows that I got it and I even got a message saying that it was added to my collection. Very frustrating to have proof that I got it and still be told just do it again. I am going to turn off the auto loot that is in the game and if I catch another one (and this is a very big if) will screenshot it next time just in case the game bugs out on the next one also

The only way of reporting is via bugs forums also they wont take screenshots into account.

1 Like

have you tried fishing on pools. they had a low % rate drop on mounts… it’s kinda hard. but keep trying till you get it.

try again. it may happen another time, but not all days usually.

If you can find a post and necro it, it is likely a good idea to read through it.

Heck, I even linked other people in your position and how it was handled back when this was current last October. So yeah, Blizzard is hands-off. It doesn’t need more confirmation, that is pretty well documented already.

As is these other people getting very lucky and had it drop again not too long after the unfortunate loss of the item. Just keep at it, it will come around again. Hopefully it will not take too long for you as well. Good luck.

5 Likes