Lost Deaths Verdict to a prot paladin

A big advantage of death choice and greatness is that strength also boost block value, so it double dip and isn’t too bad defensively. I don’t know how good tiny abom is for prot but yea if it’s that good they might use it.

Checking sims, tiny abom seem to scale very well for prot pal and it’s a hit rating trinket so it will be usable.

I mean, I run the Greatness - Strength trinket as prot.

And I’m still 546 Defense with all my non-Green gems being Parry Gems (I’m like 24% dodge, so Dodge Rating’s DR is pretty heavy now). So I could probably drop the Valor Medal of the First War trinket and still be Crush-proof. – I’m not even in BiS, too. :joy:

1 Like

Prot bis threat (or dmg when doing solo content) is DV / Greatness. They benefit from trinkets that give strength more than straight AP, and Jar would be terrible on a 1-handed spec compared to 2-handed, just from reading the tooltip.

I plan on getting a DV, but more so for PVP than actual raid. I at least didn’t bid on the first 3 that dropped in the GDKP I raid for.

Nah, it’s broken for prot in the same way it is for ret.

Every swing has multiple chances to trigger motes.

The hit, Seal of Vengeance’s DoT application or refresh, Seal of Vengeance’s extra hit if 5 stacked all will add motes.

The extra hit from the proc will also trigger a full power seal of vengeance trigger, which again has the chance to proc 2 motes thanks to the DoT refresh + extra hit.

The tooltip on Tiny Abom is really bad at describing how busted that trinket is when interacting with paladin seals.

Jar will leave DV in the dust for pure threat on a tank.

I don’t doubt that it is, but I believe its simply not nearly the crazy increase in dmg for prot like it is for ret.

Prot gets the second most DPS out of it compared to all of the specs. It’s well behind ret, but ahead of any other DPS spec.

Hmm. A quick sim does show it beating out Greatness. Strange that I hear no discussion about it.

Yeah, guilds running on priority systems should probably give the first to a ret if they have one, then prot pal, then everyone else that wants it.

1 Like

I few weeks back I was in 25n MS>OS pug on my 5.3 ret alt. I lost roll by 2 or 3 to a sub rogue. I was their top DPS. And that sub rogue was the lowest.

Happens.

Nerf Prot Paladins. Hard.

1 Like

he will 100% use it for his Ret off-spec :smiley:

if it’s a guild run and they decided to give it to tank instead of dps that guild is screwed for real and they won’t stand a chance in killing 25m hc LK at all, because giving loot for the spec that benefit the most is the key for fast progression(expected from all players to be active/skilled/knowledgeable&perform well).

Sadly classic is filled with mindless guilds that don’t even know how to distribute loot and they think that if certain item is bis for shared classes/specs then anyone among them can take it, such ignorance! is the real reason why so many guilds suck even though it’s a 15years old expansion with everything being well known.

true, also Rogues tott’s magically makes tanks sky high on threat.

i’ve seen worse :stuck_out_tongue:
guilds giving enhancement shaman Val’anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings over healers! WHY? because it’s his bis xD
https://i.postimg.cc/g0Y334Gt/Enhanc-with-val.jpg

You still have never mentioned if it was a roll or not in a ms>os or if it was an SR. Theres a reason people leave that info out.

2 Likes

All I know is I am 100% rolling a Prot Paladin next.

They get all of the handouts and favors.

2 Likes

Unlucky to lose it

Depends on what the loot rules were

Do you like it when your tank holds threat? Then yes, it’s tank BiS for actual hardcore raiders.

If I were a Loot Council Raid Lead and I was having to choose whether to give it to some crappy pug DPS or the consistent tank for the group, I would also give it to the tank.

Its absolutely Prot bis, any DPS that says it isnt is coping.

Now who deserved it or should’ve gotten it is on you and that raid, but as somebody who has a player in his guild with i believe 6 of them on Prot Pal’s i love seeing posts like these they truly make my day.

Luckily even the regular one is POG and will be available via vendor come ICC

1 Like

yea, I didn’t explicitly state it but the tittle says “I lost” doesn’t take much brains to figure it out that it was ms>os.

This is so incorrect lol.

Extra threat lets your dps go harder, faster. Especially on large trash pulls.

1 Like

Seeing all the paladins come out of the woodwork here just shows how selfish, greedy, and entitled Classic Paladins are.

I’ve never seen a worse bunch of humanity.

2 Likes