Lost Character?

Hello, I recently renewed my subscription in hopes of exploring my old paladin that was on shattered hand named Xenovex from classic/tbc years ago. I searched through all of the servers on the list and was able to find other characters, but not my main. I’m unsure if anything can be done or not, but it’s a heart breaking loss and I appreciate anything that can be done.

Have you make a low level toon and logged onto the the server? Sometimes when the account haven’t been played in years would sort of ‘hide’. The way to refresh the list to make them appear is to make that toon, log in and then log off.

One of the Support forum agents may be able to locate them tomorrow.

1 Like

From what I can see, Ninja, that character was transferred and faction changed a few times and along with the level squish that happened with the launch of Shadowlands became the character you are currently posting on.

3 Likes

Aaah perfect then, thanks for the clarification

3 Likes

I haven’t played in 10 years, logged in for the free weekend to potentially come back. All of my main characters (they were all on the same server) vanished. Tried making a new character on the server and they are still gone =( all the memories from open beta until I stopped playing, good times were had. Hopefully they are still floating around out there somewhere, get the band back together lol.

If you are on the proper server, did you have a different wow license back then?

One and only account, login, etc that I have had (that I know of) it has been a decade since I played, I may not even be remembering the right server.
On a side note, all of the goofy low level alts I made on random servers are all still around.

1 Like

I see a lot of characters on Blade’s Edge, Thunddarr.

Not accessed since 2013, so likely not going to show on your character select screen under realms until you log in to refresh things. If characters haven’t been active in some time they go inactive and tend to drop off that list.

5 Likes

That was the server!! Thanks for the help Orlyia.

3 Likes

Hello, I am posting from my really old main account. After classic came out i made an account there and had a mage maxed out pretty well endgame. I left two years ago and re-subscribed and redownloaded today. I have no characters on the classic server (was on Kunarrix or something rather), so I logged back in on the WotLK server and havent found any characters. I then followed the missing character procedure of making and deleting new characters. I even subscribed for another 15 bucks on my WoW1 starter account to see if they were possibly there. negative.

Try looking on Sulfuras. They consolidated realms back in August and Kurinnaxx was one of those realms that were deleted. If you didn’t move your character before they consolidated, they force moved folks to certain realms.

5 Likes

Thank you so much, I found them on Sulfuras in the WotLK server. Sadly they all have really funky names now besides my Main

2 Likes

If there were already characters there with your characters’ names, it would have unfortunately pushed you into a forced name change. I’m sorry that was the case, but at least the worst of it was just pinpointing where they were. Welcome back to the game!

2 Likes

Appreciate ya!

3 Likes