Lost all my items

Hi, I recently returned to “retail” to find my Rogue with pretty much empty bags.

I believe I 50 boosted the character and then never actually got around to playing, so all my items were shipped to my mail, but eventually expired.

I’ve tried item restoration, the items are not there.
I’ve tried lost mail restoration, there is nothing available.

I’ve had a ticket open for 3 or 4 weeks, with no response.

The lost items include things like Thunderfury, War Glaive, Fangs of the father set, Legion artefact weapons. Lots of stuff that cant be recovered any other way :frowning:

Any ideas on what I can do?

Regards,
Shadow

Do you have a ticket number just to be sure? Response times are hovering around two weeks so that seems a little excessive, barring a separate queue that they stuck you in to hold as they search for the root problem.

1 Like

Yes, the ticket is definitely open. I received a generic response after a couple of weeks, and had to reopen the ticket.

"This ticket has been marked as Answered.
2 weeks ago
Support
Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Customer Support. We are currently experiencing a high volume of tickets and are not able to respond to the issue at this time. We have provided some resources below that may be of help resolving the issue. If you are still in need of assistance, please respond with more details and a Game Master will assist you as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience and understanding.

You can search our support articles for a lot of information that may help you resolve the issue. Type in a brief description of the issue via the search options here:
https://battle.net/support/

Other players may be able to help answer your question on the forums. If you are experiencing a bug you can follow the steps at https://battle.net/support/article/15043 for links to our different Bug Report forums. We often keep sticky posts at the top of our forums with known issues as well as workarounds when available."

If the items were mailed, they are probably gone for good.

Mail logs are only kept for no more than a couple of weeks, sometimes just for days.
Blizzard will typically not restore an item without some sort of log that you actually had the item.

Sometimes, an item may be restored as a result of having an achievement, but that is very case by case and shouldn’t be counted on.

1 Like

Just in case, you should try a full UI reset by following the steps here: Resetting the WoW User Interface - Blizzard Support (battle.net). It’s possible that UI corruption or addon issues (which can still be a problem even if you disable them) is messing with your ability to see the items but that they are there.

Unfortunately, if you’re right that the items were in mail and eventually got deleted, then I don’t think a GM can recover them. If I’m not mistaken, the log data they would need to access in order to do so is deleted after a few months.

Edit: Much less than months, apparently.

2 Likes

Mail expires after 30 days, and then it only leaves a log file for a very short window to be able to have it brought back for immediate retrieval. If you failed to get the items out of the mail within the time frame and didn’t open a ticket for such a long period of time, then yes, the items will be gone for good. Sorry if that isn’t what you wanted to see, but that has been the system for years.

There are definitely achievements attached to a lot of the items that I lost.
Things like https://www.wowhead.com/item-set=1087/fangs-of-the-father
and my Thunderfury

I hope it is possible to restore, as they come from a quest, so cant be acquired again. :frowning:

1 Like

Just to set expectations.
A lot of folk’s aren’t able to play the game ,or get services they paid for, at the moment.
Your ticket may wind up taking longer than usual as it will require a good amount of investigative time to unravel.

1 Like

Just to be clear - when you boost a character, the only things shipped to your mail are what are equipped. Bags and inventory shouldn’t be impacted.

Our queues are quite a bit longer than normal at the moment, they are trying to get to everyone as quickly as possible.

5 Likes

Ohh, this is strange then. My bags were empty except for some green daggers and swords.

I have an authenticator, and didn’t lose any gold so not hacked. I lost everything from my bags, Dalaran hearthstone, multiple sets of weapons. Hopefully It can be recovered.

:frowning:

I’m now up to my 3rd generic response from “Game Masters” stating that I should try using the online item restoration, when I have stated 3 times that the items were not there.

None of the responses have even acknowledged the items that I am trying to recover, as they are all quest rewards :frowning:
19019 Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker
77949 Golad, Twilight of Aspects
77950 Tiriosh, Nightmare of Ages
32757 Blessed Medallion of Karabor
40110 Haunted Memento

Game masters used to be so good, now they are obviously outsourced off shore call centres that have no idea what they are talking about.

Each reply I have received treats it as a revelation that they have guided me to the item restoration page.

This is getting old pretty quickly. :frowning:

They are all in-house (or work from home) Blizzard employees.

If are aren’t already, keep the ticket text simple and to the point. Most of the time we have seen tickets that are wall of text essays that just confuse the matter

11 Likes

Ashadow, your ticket is open.

But I’ve looked on the character in question, and I’m not seeing these items.

Is there any possibility you are misremembering which character may have had these?

7 Likes

This isn’t a quest reward, FWIW.

2 Likes

you can get a new one of these by talking to the innkeeper in the Legerdemain Lounge.

4 Likes

Hi Orlyia,
Thanks for the reply, Ashadow is definitely the correct character, I have the achievements, feats of strength and screen shots to prove it. When I logged into the character, I had a hearthstone a set of daggers and a set of swords, everything else was gone.

The lost items are not in the list of items available through the item restoration page.
(I checked this before opening a ticket)
The lost items are also not in the list of items available through mail restoration page.
(I checked this before opening a ticket)

I don’t know how long ago this happened, my life was up rooted and I am now living in a caravan, so I did not log into the character for a fair while. There are way more items lost, but the quest reward legendries are the ones that really matter to me.
Especially my Fangs of the father dagger set and Thunderfury as there is no way I can just go and get another set.

I need a real GM, to handle this. Not one of these imitation GM’s that keep guiding me to the item restoration page when I have stated multiple times already that the items were not listed there.

Regards,
Shadow

Yes, I found that.

Thanks for your reply.

Yea, not a quest reward, but an old friend :frowning:
Thanks for the reply.

1 Like

I can see the legendaries on your achievements list, too. Envy you that of the Black Harvest title, by the by.

Right, but especially given that Haunted Memento is unusually easy to give to other players, if it’s not in the logs they’re not going to be able to restore it.

Sorry to say this but, any GM won’t be able to restore them base on screenshots. More so when/if those are items was lost in the mail.