Lore wise, what is the deadliest weapon in game?

Considering he stabs a dessert and not an ocean, the planet might survive.

Character has used it wise probably the Scepter of Sargaras

Lorewise Sargaras’s sword

Gameplay wise the elevator to Antoran High Command

2 Likes

I…I would.

Deadliest weapon in the game? No question… its that last step in High Mountain. It’s a doozy.

Oh I am just quivering in fear over here ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 Like

Going by the simple rule “it must be obtainable by players”… here are the main candidates:

Scythe of the Unmaker
The rare weapon drop off of Argus in Antorus, making it one of the two obtainable “Titan Weapons” (used by the Titans themselves) in the game. The downside is that there literally NO expanded lore behind the weapon, and the weapon itself is a cosmetic drop with no fancy effects. However, it’s the only “whole” Titan Weapon you can obtain… unlike the next one.

Taeshalach
The other “Titan Weapon”, Taeshalach is obtainable from Aggramar… and is the other half of Sargeras’ original sword – Gorshalach. Said sword was broken in two when he turned against the Pantheon, Taeshalach going Aggramar and Gorribal remaining in Sargeras’ possession… and Gorribal is what got stuck in Silithus. But like Scythe of the Unmaker, it’s hard to gauge exactly how strong the weapon is (doubly so because it’s a cosmetic drop); but Taeshalach isn’t “whole” while the Scythe is.

Fist of Ra-den & Highkeeper’s Ward
Into weapons with actual lore now, this is the Elemental Shaman Artifact… so why is it so powerful? Unlike all the other Artifacts, the player will struggle to control these weapons when they first obtain them. There’s also the fact that Lei Shen, the Thunder King, was afraid to use them because he couldn’t control them; keep in mind that Lei Shen had already absorbed Ra-den’s power (putting him on par with Lich King)… and still couldn’t keep his weapon under control. The shield which comes with the weapon, Highkeeper’s Ward, also acts as the thing which binds the whole Elemental Plane; this puts ALL elementals at the command of the one who has the Fist and Shield.

Scepter of Sargeras
The Destruction Warlock Artifact has a long history, being quite famous for opening up a lot of portals; I think over-doing this led to Draenor becoming Outland, so that needs to be taken into consideration. But otherwise, it’s not THAT crazy; potent, but not all that deadly (directly at least).

Xal’atath, Blade of the Black Empire
Aside from it never being wise to trust this talking knife, it’s apparently alive and the only Artifact weapon to have a continued presence in the lore during BfA… by gaining an actual body. Something tells me this could be the deadliest and most dangerous weapon in all of WoW, if mostly through it’s INFLUENCE but not its actual “power”.

2 Likes

the Ban-Hammer

1 Like

It doesn’t

Skip to about 13:00. We should all be dead.

1 Like

Gnomes…

I like the way you think.

1 Like

Me :muscle:t2:
/10char

1 Like

I do not think it has been retconned. Sargeras’ original Gorshalach split into two when sargeras became “corrupted” forming Gorribal (what sargeras was wielding) and Taeshalach (Aggramars). So the original sword would still be planet cleavingly strong. Gorshalach still seems very capable of existing, it is just currently split apart.

Ulthalesh, the Sceptre of Sargeras, Xal’atath, Aluneth and Apocalypse are the most deadly I do believe.

Many of the artifact weapons USED to be quite deadly. But thanks to blizz these legendary lore weapons have been reduced to nothing more than inert dust collectors.

2 Likes

Ooh, Ishnu Alah weary, Paranoia, uhgn, is that a 2H weapon you have there, or are you just pleased to see me? Ooh :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Probably the gigantic sword sticking in Silithus. If we’re not counting that, then I have no idea. Most of the most powerful weapons no longer exist, or are defunct.

Every single artifact that was a part of the class order halls are now defunct, so none of them will apply to this, either. Which was the strongest? Well, that’s open to debate… realistically, they were all about the same power level, but some had special features that made them to be stronger than the others under certain circumstances.

In that sense, the Scepter of Sargeras would have most likely been the strongest weapon, due to the sheer destructive power it could potentially possess. I mean, it literally destroyed Draenor.

1 Like