(Lore/Story Stream) Tyrande's Demand and Elune's Assistance

The sword is killing her now and was triple killing her before we sacrificed our artifacts to depower it.

3 Likes

One disaster is more pressing than the other, healing Azeroth wonā€™t do the Nightelves any good if the Horde wipes them out anyway.

1 Like

Malfurion is washed up.
Not happening.
Maybe he will finally realize that druidism is just arcane magic with a tree in the middle and just become a warlock.
Druidic hypocrisy will be their undoing.

???

Wiping out the Horde wonā€™t do the Night Elves any good if Azeroth is dead.

Also, order of events?

1: Sargeras stabs sword.
2: Heroes lose most powerful weapons on the planet to weaken but not remove sword.
3: Horde begins mining Azerite.

Sargerasā€™s sword was a problem long before the mining was. It is still a problem.

4 Likes

Iā€™m kinda confused about what youā€™re even talking about. I thought this was a discussion about Tyrande, and the night elves faith in Elune.

Iā€™m saying that Eluneā€™s predilection to wasting her abilities on a dragon that is in no way important to the setting after the events of Cataclysm, and not the Sword that is killing the planet ā€“ which we had to sacrifice the most powerful weapons on azeroth to depower ā€“ shouldā€™ve been a massive crisis of faith.

Tyrande shouldā€™ve demanded Eluneā€™s aid long before Teldrassil.

3 Likes

Youā€™re deliberately underselling the importance of Ysera, a mother figure to Eluneā€™s child Cenarius, and also failing to mention that creating stars to honor the fallen is part of Eluneā€™s lore. She didnā€™t do anything that the Nightelves didnā€™t expect of her.

3 Likes

Again, itā€™s not necessary for her to intervene yet. Why would she when thereā€™s a planetwide movement dedicated to saving Azeroth? Divine intervention should be a last resort not a first response.

3 Likes

Itā€™s less necessary to intervene to save the planet that the night elves live on, than it is to avenge one world tree?

3 Likes

And the thousands of her worshippers who died in it.

4 Likes

When the alternative is the loss of whatā€™s left of your followers because you genuinely neglected them it is. If Tyrande hadnā€™t made a demand do you really think Elune would have done anything?

1 Like

As opposed to the all of her worshipers that live on Azeroth?

How are you arguing that Teldrassil is more important to the night elves than the planet?

I canā€™t even.

2 Likes

The planet isnā€™t dead yet, Teldrassil is, and if the Horde conquers Kalimdor then the elves are basically extinct. They can worry about dying later once theyā€™re secure and know they arenā€™t going to die today.

Priorities.

Besides, the Nightelves canā€™t save Azeroth if the Horde kills them all first.

7 Likes

I feel like the notion that Elune granting peace to one of her beloved creatures (by association with the Emerald Dream) in her dying moments, sparing her the madness of the nightmare so she can pass into the hereafter and be amongst the stars, is not quite the same as zooping a ?? mile long sword out of the planet and mending its wounds.

Elune is not all-powerful. Not by a longshot. Sheā€™s never been depicted as such. Sheā€™s capable of miraculous things but they seem rare and revolve around her followers.
Also Ysera died at the ancient Temple of Elune where her power is arguably most accessible.

6 Likes

Sheā€™s regularly mentioned as the one ā€“ and only ā€“ true deity in the setting. That isnā€™t character opinion. Thatā€™s something Blizzard has repeatedly said.

Well, she DOES suck as a major protector goddess if she doesnā€™t support them in their darkest our.

Funny, but I sincerely hope Tyrande is successfulā€¦ after the BS the writers pulled that made the Horde the non-questionable guilty party, nothing she can do will ever classify as villain beating (meanwhile if she fails it will just be another round with the supreme idio bat for her). I know it was told as a joke, but to be frank, the idea of Alliance winning Kalimdor instead of EK really appealed to me (itā€™s a VERY questionable plot twist but SO much better than SoO 2.0ā€¦

2 Likes

I donā€™t know what youā€™re talking about. Our great benevolent goddess made all of the people burning alive have a painless death! She totally helped!

Irony aside, I know how that feelsā€¦ to see Liadrin et al behave in such lapdog-ish fashion regarding the light post Sunwell plateau WAS messed up, especially when one considers how the light had no problem leaving them to suffer under Arthas and onwardsā€¦ (God, itā€™s been more than 10 years and the massive neutering of the Belves and the Blood Knights in particular still hurts).

1 Like

I feel as though Tyrandeā€™s demand was justified. She rightly feels that Elune didnā€™t do enough and thinks that the elves died in torment. She may not know that Elune put the elves to sleep. But if only the strongest of warriors can access Eluneā€™s power may she has to come with some amount of pride and reverence for Elune. Although I think Tyrande was more furious than anything.

I remember this from Wolfheart. I think Tyrandeā€™s thought processes are still in line with this. That quote was during a battle whe Shandris was wondering if Elune could intercede on their behalf because they ser loosing. However prior to that Elune showed Tyrande that Varian would be the one to lead the Worgen which lead to their victory.

In this case the elves were outnumbered and it was the innocents that died. She feels as though for their sake Elune could have done something to aid this unable to fight. I think on Eluneā€™s part she chose only to put them to sleep was because she knew that with her they would have peace from the war that currently rages on Azeroth. Those that lived would need to keep going and so for that reason she pointed out where Malfurion was for Tyrande so she could save him. She might have also already made the decision to grant Tyrande the powers of the Night Warrior ahead of time. Iā€™m just rationalizing or trying to anyway.

Sounded more like she was beseeching Elune for aid and giving an ultimatum as well. Its weird she never did it beforeā€¦

Oh wait Blizzard writing.